Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,465 members, 7,833,585 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (662660 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
dsypha:

is dis style style ......... or what Stop it oo, just go to romance section, they plenty there! She's d onli reasonable female here, Losing her is not something were planning soon.

THANK YOU for understanding"
ajibel are u a he or a she?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 5hyguy: 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2013
depending on what purpose you are learning for e.g web, window app building, mobile building

for web i would suggest php as the best programming language for web developers because of its open source and the support you can get

for widow fom apps - you cant just argue c sharp is the best,

and for mobile apps, html5 is getting alot of shout out and rep, so ill advise you go on html5

if youv gat any questions add me up on 29542396
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bulldog(m): 5:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
dsypha:

is dis style style ......... or what Stop it oo, just go to romance section, they plenty there! She's d onli reasonable female here, Losing her is not something were planning soon.

try keeping your mind straight for atleast an hour a day. It helps in stabilising your blood sugar. Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 5:53pm On Nov 01, 2013
PocketEconomist: thank you. When i write my biography, listing the people who impacted positively in my life, The name Ajibel would surely be among them. As for me, it's leggo.

lol thanx. I'm flattered

*blushes in 3D*
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
dsypha:

Lmao. Calm down. Na programming be my husband nau cheesy No worri

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 5:57pm On Nov 01, 2013
Bulldog: try keeping your mind straight for atleast an hour a day. It helps in stabilising your blood sugar. Thanks

wetin u dey yarn grin
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
dsypha:

No! all i'm saying is that the information is very useful to me... simple and short. You are the one reading meanings into it. grin grin Besides, i don get madam already. grin grin cheesy
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajibel:

lol thanx. I'm flattered

*blushes in 3D*
But i still get more questions as time goes on oh so get ready.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bulldog(m): 6:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
@ajb
Ajibel:

wetin u dey yarn grin
>>>>>
dsypha: is dis style style ......... or what Stop it oo, just go to romance
section, they plenty there!

PocketEconomist: No! all i'm saying is that the
information is very useful to me...
simple and short. You are the one reading meanings into it. grin grin Besides, i don get madam already.
phew! and i thought programmers are good with deciphering codes. My bad
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
@ ajibel pls explain the concept of tuples, I ain't getting wat my eBook and YouTube tutorials are saying....
tanks in advance, u re my mentor
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 9:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
Preboy: @ ajibel pls explain the concept of tuples, I ain't getting wat my eBook and YouTube tutorials are saying....
tanks in advance, u re my mentor

Tuples are one of python's core data types. They are like 'strings' cuz they are immutable (i.e. cannot be modified) and are similar to 'lists' by being a comma-separated list of values enclosed in parantheses (doe not necessary buh conventional)
e.g:
>>> tuple = (1, 2, 3)
>>> tuple = ('a',) #this is a tuple with a single element.
Tuples are easy. What kinda tut are u reading Maybe i could suggest another
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajibel:

Tuples are one of python's core data types. They are like 'strings' cuz they are immutable (i.e. cannot be modified) and are similar to 'lists' by being a comma-separated list of values enclosed in parantheses (doe not necessary buh conventional)
e.g:
>>> tuple = (1, 2, 3)
>>> tuple = ('a',) #this is a tuple with a single element.
Tuples are easy. What kinda tut are u reading Maybe i could suggest another
tanks a bunch, I heard it from a vid on YouTube bt didn't get the concept and I can't find it on my ebooks. pls your suggestion on a tut would be great and are you into gaming?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
Preboy: tanks a bunch, I heard it from a vid on YouTube bt didn't get the concept and I can't find it on my ebooks. pls your suggestion on a tut would be great and are you into gaming?

I'd suggest
Learning python 3rd edition by mark lutz
OR
How to think like a computer scientist (Learning with python) by Allen Downey.
A google search for both adding a '.*pdf' at the end will give u a link to download both FREELY
OR
Use read the Python Manuals that came along with Python when u downloaded it
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 6:03am On Nov 02, 2013
Pls is there anyone who has a knowledge in WxPython I need assitance smiley
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 02, 2013
@Ajibel, please send me some beginner C++ notes to my mail ugojoeself@gmail.com Thanks.. I'm trying to get the notes, but i can't find.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ajibel: Pls is there anyone who has a knowledge in WxPython I need assitance smiley
wats wxpython?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 10:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
PocketEconomist: @Ajibel, please send me some beginner C++ notes to my mail ugojoeself@gmail.com Thanks.. I'm trying to get the notes, but i can't find.

oops, i'm not a cpp programmer. Maybe sb else could help ya. The only 1 i have are saved web pages of a cpp crash tutorial, not comprehensive.

@Preboy, its a python GUI framework for developing desktop apps

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.