Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (660719 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 13, 2018
stephenmorris:
then go on youtube and search for brad traversy bro
Please can I learn anything when I don’t have a PC yet?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kuhak8: 11:23am On Sep 13, 2018
24hoursreporter:

Nice one. Check the link below for the best programming languages to learn in 2018

http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/05/30/which-programming-languages-learn-2018/

Hey you can also try my python tutorial which is far more better than any other online python tutorial. Python is really easy language for beginner level programmer who doesn't have proper programming knowledge.
-> https://www.pybeginner.org/python/
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by CharlesJok3r: 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2018
4601CE:

i see it as a waste of time learning programming without having access to a pc.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 13, 2018
CharlesJok3r:
Lol
Thank you
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by stanliwise(m): 9:51pm On Sep 13, 2018
CharlesJok3r:
Yes you can. start with HTML and CSSS
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by KronicMorris(m): 10:02am On Sep 14, 2018
CharlesJok3r:
4601CE:

Of course you can, I learned Python without a PC, and a bit of C# too, there are IDEs on Android and download the e-books online.
Download Sololearn, it's the best app in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 14, 2018
KronicMorris:

Of course you can, I learn Python without a PC, and a bit of C# too, there are IDEs on Android and download the e-books online.
I don’t use an android phone.
Thanks anyway. I’ll check some ebooks and all when I can.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by KronicMorris(m): 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2018
4601CE:

I don’t use an android phone.
Thanks anyway. I’ll check some ebooks and all when I can.

I assume you're on iOS, there should still be Sololearn on the App Store
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 14, 2018
KronicMorris:

I assume you're on iOS, there should still be Sololearn on the App Store
Wow yeah , I just checked ... it’s there . Thanks
I see some other related apps too.
I’ll start here . Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by KronicMorris(m): 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2018
4601CE:

Wow yeah , I just checked ... it’s there . Thanks
I see some other related apps too.
I’ll start here . Thanks

Sololearn is basically my favourite, you can save courses offline with it.
you can get CodeCademy but it's online, and for compilers, get Kivy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Dahyur119: 8:08pm On Sep 15, 2018
#I'm new in program python pricesly ..I'm given in my best to learn but sometimes I feel I'm not getting it because some little exercise given I'm not able to solve I don't know what the problem might be Someone give me an advice should I change my mood or reading or is that all what all programmer face at the beginning?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by makano: 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2018
It depends on what you wanna develop. If its mobile Apps- Objective C, Java e.t.c. For Desktop Applications go for Java, Phyton, C++. For Web Application, go for PHP, Javascript, Ruby, Phyton e.t.c-
MRPEEREHSH:
where can i start as someone who just picked interest on programming. first time attempt
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 17, 2018
Good day Programming gurus, I'll love to know where i can download "Sams Teach Yourself Java in 21 Days". Been searching for it for almost four days now but to no avail, i really appreciate your help, Thanks.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by stanliwise(m): 1:12pm On Sep 19, 2018
GloryIsaac:
Good day Programming gurus, I'll love to know where i can download "Sams Teach Yourself Java in 21 Days". Been searching for it for almost four days now but to no avail, i really appreciate your help, Thanks.
I don't have access to my laptop now but I would advise you download introduction to Java by Daniel Y. Liang

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2018
stanliwise:
I don't have access to my laptop now but I would advise you download introduction to Java by Daniel Y. Liang

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Elliyas(m): 9:54am On Sep 22, 2018
As a student of Computer Science, I will suggest you to start learning the Structured Programming: C.

After completing C programming language, you can start C++ Object Oriented Programming Language (If you like to solve programming problem.)

If you want to create Application, you can jump to C#, Python, Java, PHP. Also Go lang is now popular programming language.

C Programming Tutorial - https://www.compromath.com/2017/09/c-programming-tutorial-for-beginners.html
C++ Programming Tutorial - https://www.programiz.com/cpp-programming
Java Programming Tutorial - https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-java

You can also find some online programming courses: http://www.compromath.com/2017/08/online-computer-programming-courses.html

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by SpeedLimit(f): 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2018
KronicMorris:

Of course you can, I learn Python without a PC, and a bit of C# too, there are IDEs on Android and download the e-books online.
Hello . How exactly can I make money as a programmer or webmaster.
I want to learn programming but I want to know how I really can make money from it before I proceed .
I’m going to have to spend a lot of money purchasing a PC and data to download tutorials.
Anyone should please enlighten me how I can make money as a programmer or webmaster.
How do you all programmers and webmasters heremake your money ?
Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by willez55(m): 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2018
pls do you have useful materials to read up or free online books to read on developing a website for beginners. thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.