Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,049 members, 7,956,897 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:56 PM

Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) (35351 Views)

UEFA Champions League Draw - Live / Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 / Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Grizzly(m): 9:34pm On Apr 26, 2006
This should be the last thread on the 2005/2006 Champions League. Both teams have worked hard enuf. Now the battle has come to a head. just want to know ur opinion on the outcome of the match. U could also leave ur predictions. I think i'll start. Barcelona FC 3 - Arsenal 1. ciao!
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by SirKay3(m): 10:28pm On Apr 26, 2006
I know u r anti GUNNER, dont worry, we are reserving our bullets for May 17. Wait and see how glorious that day would be for us.

A crwoning day of glory for us GUNNERS

Barcelona 0
Arsenal 3

Mark my predictions. A word for d wise is enough

GUNNERS FOREVER
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by bagoma(f): 11:35pm On Apr 26, 2006
grizzly, its clear you'll support any team, anyday against arsenal anytime.
but the news is this you'll lose all your bets again like the last time. tongue

by fate we are here and you better start getting used to idea of us lifting the cup.
its a done deal already.

this year its for the gunners.
thats the way the story is written
he who has ears let him hear.
arsenal 2 - barca 1

gunners forever.
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Jackal(m): 12:06am On Apr 27, 2006
Barcelona 0-3 Arsenal?

Maybe After Ronaldinho dies and Etoo retires and Guily is injured.
I dont see any team in Europe that can contend with this strike force.
They r simply the best in the world. They made Milan look so ordinary and they should have won at Nou Camp.
Arsenal only has a chance of winning if the match stretches to penalty shoot-outs.
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by dafman(m): 12:11am On Apr 27, 2006
ARSENAL will pull a joker on barcelona.

Arsenal: 2
Barcelona: 1
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by vichel(m): 12:12am On Apr 27, 2006
am sorry to say that Barca would be disappointed twice in a row by two  english teams, except that this time it will be more painful, and they will fall pretty good. My predictions is Arsenal 2-0 Barcelona
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Olorididan(m): 12:20am On Apr 27, 2006
Im a die hardest angry Liverpool fan

and the still enjoying being current champions for a few more days wink!

(not to worry the FA is ours and unlike some people we're assured of going to Europe next season lipsrsealed)

but I think the Gunners have it this year

if Adebayor clicks with Henry and the Van Persie is let loose on the right flank

Arsenal 3-2 Barca

---but a word of caution

Barca aint no walkover!!!
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Fimmy(m): 2:07am On Apr 27, 2006
altough i really dont like Arsenal but i prefer them to barca
it will be good if Arsenal should win the Champions league
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Grizzly(m): 2:31am On Apr 27, 2006
Sir Kay, inasmuch as i wouldnt accept anything u say, Barcelona cant just not score in the finals. that sounds awful. like ma pal said, "Maybe when Ronaldinho dies, and Eto'o retires.", , OK, Ronaldinho gives any team HELL, like it or not.,
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Priscila(f): 7:56am On Apr 27, 2006
I repeat!
you can never be the best till you compete and beat the best!
So Arsenal will compete and beat the best for us to be the best!

Gunners!
This is a moment of truth for our coach Arsen wenger!
Even an analyst from sky or jupiter will say barca is the best and as much as we are gunners ,lets not try to deny this fact , we have to be sincere here.Barca are really on top and even Milan!

Our Wenger should organise guns to play enterprising and entertaining soccer now that we are facing an offensive team with very superb ball possession and counter attacks and World geniuses like Dinho.
No time for continental football but real action.

Just compare that milan/barca match with Arsenal/Villa  everyone was entertained -What a brilliant play from both teams! Their standard is higher for both teams

henry and Dinho in opposite teams this is a match to watch!
I had a dream for the two to meet in final and who said dreams never come true!
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by nightrider: 9:08am On Apr 27, 2006
instead of just predicting could we analyse the foramtions of the match, then predict. lets try to sound like real soccer lovers
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by nightrider: 9:17am On Apr 27, 2006
arsenal play 4 - 5- 1, a very tight midfield , riquelme, camoronesi , zidane can testify 2 that.
ronaldinho is more dangerous on counter attacks , when the opposing teams midfield has gone forward and he has just like three defenders to contend with.

if arsenal ensure that gilberto silva sits back, only fabregas and hleb run forward from midfield and track back quickly enough. Also eboue aupporting from the flank. It will be harder for barca to penetrate arsenal's double layer defence. i believe ETO can be held out. It's guily i fear most.

besides thierry henry will play the game of his life to impress barca. i predict arsenal win 2-1.

the headlines will read.
GUNNERS SHOOT DOWN BIG ronalDINHOSAUR
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Priscila(f): 9:25am On Apr 27, 2006
Nightrider!
Hi! Long time no salute!
Actually if gunners Bomb Barca we will have inflicted maximum casualties in all leagues England to scottland!
How I wish for such a heading but as you said no predictions, lets not drink too much wine here !
Arsenal might just give a surprise attack to barca and lets wait and see the reaction to effective friendly force fire!
We will just take cover! and if they infiltrate- no harm-we are friendly forces!

No one seems to understand what I mean byt" you cant be the best till you beat the best!
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Jackal(m): 9:38am On Apr 27, 2006
Arsenal to thrash Barca?
Pls lets be objective. The English Premiership's finest cannot take down Barcelona, let alone Arsenal.
I was highly impressed by Barcelona's character and discipline in the defence yesterday. Barca was able to contain a ravaging Milan side who fought tooth and nail throughout the match.
How wld Arsene Wenger contend with Barca's 3 prong attack of Dinho, Etoo and Guily?
4-5-1 formation wld be thrown to the wind cos its a final match where the Gunners wld want to score.
I dont see Kolo Toure/Senderos/Campbell stopping these Wizards of Catalonia.
If Ronaldinho thinks John Terry is too slow for him,i wonder what he wld say about Campbell or Kolo Toure?
This match will be a replica of Real Madrid V Valencia FC in 2000.
My Prediction: Barca 3-0 Arsenal.
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Skintite(f): 10:45am On Apr 27, 2006
@jackal
na wa for u o!
u can never be objective where gunners are involved right
I wudnt say it will be easy to beat barca
but its only fair to say it will be close n tough, not 3.0 for pitts sake

We havnt conceded in 10games n then wud consede 3 in 1 game undecided
C'on men, be realistic

There is nothin difficult abt winnin barca
other teams have done it, y not arsenal
We are gonna pour our hearts out n use all the weapons we got

It doesnt seem to be a yr of bad luck
weve been strugglin but still came all the way
Even the gods know there is a reason for that

We are takin the cup to emirate stadium
Time will tell

You anti gunners will have to live with that
Better start gettin used to it tongue
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Grizzly(m): 10:53am On Apr 27, 2006
OK, u talking bout formations here? Barcelona have that ability to change any teams formation due to their constant pressure. Suprisingly, Barca have learnt the art of defense. Look at Puyol. 4-5-1, 5-4-1, "WE" dont care.
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by otolorin(m): 11:02am On Apr 27, 2006
GUNNERS 4 LIFE.
when will people stop doubting the winning-spirit embedded in the gunners as far as this league is concerned.
if arsenal didnt stop at droping realMADRID, juventus, villaREAL, then wats different with barceLONA?
i agree with the one that says we should analyse like soccer lovers, i think that will help a long way.
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Jayceesh(m): 11:08am On Apr 27, 2006
I feel personally I am going to see the match I want in the final. Both teams play free flowing soccer and the game will not be decided by 3-0 in any one's favour! I doubt that very much. I rather will think it will end with just one or two goals! The team to score first will decide the day cos they will set the tone and force the other team to come out and attack thereby throwing caution to the winds giving the opposing team a chance to hit again.

I do believe it is Arsenal's year though, we will carry the day, the french legion will bring the most coveted of prizes in European football to Highbury just for the sake of a few days before Highbury goes down and it will be moved to Emirates just in porder to see Spurs faces!!!!

Gunner for ever!!!
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by nightrider: 11:27am On Apr 27, 2006
remember it's a home game for arsenal. the crowd will be behind the french contingent.

Gunners are taking aim at ronalDINHOSAUR!!!!!!!!
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by amodu(m): 11:29am On Apr 27, 2006
Just let us wait till the day of jugdement no excuses for you people, we are winning (Barcelona), i dont want to hear that our players doesn't rest at all as you people claim against Villareal, you people go hear wennnnnnn

I trust my boys RONALDINHO, LIONEL MESSI, SAMUEL ETO'O, DECO, INIESTA, and the rest of them will surely show you.

Barcelona win by 3-0

stay coolllllllllllllllllllll.
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Jayceesh(m): 11:31am On Apr 27, 2006
All Anti - Gunners are in for a shock
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Jackal(m): 11:42am On Apr 27, 2006
@nightrider,
What makes u think it's gon' be a home game for Arsenal?
The whole world is coming to see Ronaldinho and Etoo. Parisans have seen enough of Thierry Henry!
No formation of Wenger can tear Barcelona apart. Wenger is a manager that has no plan B.
Arsenal stands a better chance against Milan than Barca.
Barca is too deadly and will feast on the gunners like a vulture.
Its going to be an entertaining match and the young Gunners will work their socks off but Barca will win 3-0.
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Grizzly(m): 12:00pm On Apr 27, 2006
Well said man. Ridjkaard normally starts with a 3-man attack (RONALDINHO, ETO'O and GUILY), but before the end of the match, he's playing 5 or 6 venomous strikers. wut do u say to that.? And leave Paris as a Champions League Final venue out of this.
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by amodu(m): 12:17pm On Apr 27, 2006
My prayer is that before the match Lionel Messi should be in form .

look here gunners this is not the matter of anti-gunners.

Barca win 3-0.
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by slimnike(m): 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2006
GOD help Arsenal.
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by slimnike(m): 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2006
Arsenal should prove me wrong.I said no team in England can play barca the way Chelsea played them.The ball is now in their court.
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Priscila(f): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2006
Guys! dont be too sure cos Football can be very cruel and funny!
What if you wake up to find Arsenal has the cup?
Be flexible but you know if we lose we wont be surprised falling to Mighty Barca that rocked the Roman Army in England.
Spare your brandy for noW!
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Grizzly(m): 1:34pm On Apr 27, 2006
Priscila:

if we lose we wont be surprised falling to Mighty Barca
C.O.N.F.E.S.S!! U are one realistic gunner wink
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Skintite(f): 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2006
Arsenal caanot lose 3.0 to barca
guys cut the craaaaaap for pitts sake

speak in english angry
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by nightrider: 3:24pm On Apr 27, 2006
it will shock all of you!!!!! all you nairaland anti-gunners are just shameless.

you said real madrid will kill us , you listed all the great galacticos,- they didnt score a goal
you said juventus will kill us, all the great names again, yet they couldn't score a goal
you said riquelme and forlan will kill us, they didnt score a goal

yet you can't even give props , you guys are just acting blind , stubborn and impulsive.

barcelona will not score a goal, so shine your eyes.
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Grizzly(m): 3:34pm On Apr 27, 2006
nightrider:

barcelona will not score a goal,
Clap for urself,
Re: Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final) by Grizzly(m): 3:46pm On Apr 27, 2006
The truth remains, Arsenal are going into this match as the "UNDERDOGS", Anti-gonner or no Anti-gonner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

UCL 2019/2020 Round Of 16 Live Draws / Watford Vs Manchester United - (2 - 4) On 28th November 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Chelsea UCL (2 - 0) On 12th April 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.