Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,236 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Nairaland Mathematics Clinic - Education (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Mathematics Clinic (479914 Views)

Mathematics Clinic / 2015 Cowbell Mathematics Champion, Akinkuowo Honoured By School. / Lead City University Clinic Welcomes First Ever Baby Since 10 Years Of Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Madmathecian(m): 6:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hadampson:
What course can someone study without physics?

If it's F9, then none, but if it's a pass, then you can study.

Botany,
Biochemistry(depends on the school)
Microbiology,(depends on the school)
Animal Science
Computer Science(depends on the school, like ABU doesn't demand physics as you use other science subjects in lieu of it but UNN deems it compulsory.
Mathematics(you can use other science subjects in lieu of it but depends on the school as most university of technology would require physics,
Statistics
Fisheries
Animal Husbandry
Etc.

Check your Jamb brochure for more.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by thankyouJesus(m): 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hadampson:
What course can someone study without physics?
In Science, Engineering or Medicine none, this holds for reputable universities, I can't write say for private universities.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by severus(m): 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
For those like me who are interested in sponsorship for your schooling, i found this program online, www.schoola.cf they have plenty of scholarship programs and loan for sponsorship also you can get small work to do while in school. its really cool
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by jerome263: 11:09pm On Dec 08, 2015
severus:
For those like me who are interested in sponsorship for your schooling, i found this program online, www.schoola.cf they have plenty of scholarship programs and loan for sponsorship also you can get small work to do while in school. its really cool

site not opening
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Hadampson(m): 6:15am On Dec 09, 2015
Madmathecian:

If it's F9, then none, but if it's a pass, then you can study.

Botany,
Biochemistry(depends on the school)
Microbiology,(depends on the school)
Animal Science
Computer Science(depends on the school, like ABU doesn't demand physics as you use other science subjects in lieu of it but UNN deems it compulsory.
Mathematics(you can use other science subjects in lieu of it but depends on the school as most university of technology would require physics,
Statistics
Fisheries
Animal Husbandry
Etc.

Check your Jamb brochure for more.
okay thank you.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
Which method is faster and ultimately more efficient in solving simultaneous equations?

is it

1. matrices
2. determinants
3. Gaussian elimination?

what is this function doing/describing?

e-o.25.cos(π/2)

How can one quickly verify that a number is a prime number?

is it easier to generate a prime number than to verify if a number is one?

How can i manipulate functions in order to chance how they appear on the graph? for instance, i know that adding a constant raises the curve up the graph, and in the case of a straight line, i can rotate it by manipulating the slope. how can i flatten a curve, stretch it, and so on, mathematically.

How can I minimize errors in my mathematical calculations?

Solve this Ordinary differential equation. y" + 3y' + y = e2x + 2x + 4

more physics related questions here.

If the equivalence principle holds, then should it not follow that The energy required to accelerate a body at a constant acceleration a in the absence of gravity is equal to the energy required to Just counteract the force of gravity where the acceleration due to gravity is g = -a ? if this is possible, since objects cannot be indefinitely accelerated due to the light speed barrier, is it impossible then to stay aloft in a gravitational field forever?

What is the rate of acceleration? by this, I mean, what is the third derivative of a distance function? why doesn't anybody ever talk about it? is it really that useless?

What is the mathematical relationship between temperature and electromagnetic radiation?
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by thankyouJesus(m): 1:48pm On Dec 09, 2015
Teempakguy:
Which method is faster and ultimately more efficient in solving simultaneous equations?

is it

1. matrices
2. determinants
3. Gaussian elimination?

what is this function doing/describing?

e-o.25.cos(π/2)

How can one quickly verify that a number is a prime number?

is it easier to generate a prime number than to verify if a number is one?

How can i manipulate functions in order to chance how they appear on the graph? for instance, i know that adding a constant raises the curve up the graph, and in the case of a straight line, i can rotate it by manipulating the slope. how can i flatten a curve, stretch it, and so on, mathematically.

How can I minimize errors in my mathematical calculations?

more physics related questions here.

If the equivalence principle holds, then should it not follow that The energy required to accelerate a body at a constant acceleration a in the absence of gravity is equal to the energy required to Just counteract the force of gravity where the acceleration due to gravity is g = -a ? if this is possible, since objects cannot be indefinitely accelerated due to the light speed barrier, is it impossible then to stay aloft in a gravitational field forever?

What is the rate of acceleration? by this, I mean, what is the third derivative of a distance function? why doesn't anybody ever talk about it? is it really that useless?

What is the mathematical relationship between temperature and electromagnetic radiation?
For simultaneous, it depends on you, me as a person prefer row reducing method.
The function part, pi = 180, Cos 90 is definitely zero, if cos 90 is zero, the function is zero.
All odd numbers have a tendecy of being prime. Except 2, 3, 5, 7, most prime will not satisy the following conditions;
1. The sum of the numbers (eg 54 = 5+4) is divisible by 3.
2. The last digit is 5.
Reduce errors? No one way about that, always cross check your solution.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by thankyouJesus(m): 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2015
Teempakguy:
Considering the LHS, use quadratic equation. The right hand side, use y=ae^2x + bx + c
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 09, 2015
thankyouJesus:
Considering the LHS, use quadratic equation. The right hand side, use y=ae^2x + bx + c
Thanks. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Hadampson(m): 8:38am On Dec 10, 2015
Use the quotient rule to find the derivatives of each of the following functions (1) f(x)=x-1/x+1 (2) f(t)=2t/2t^2 +1 (3) f(U)=u^3+u-1/3u^4+6 (4) g(t)=t(t+5)/t^2+3t+1.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by usefulman01: 10:43am On Dec 10, 2015
integrate x^x dx
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Hadampson(m): 2:52pm On Dec 10, 2015
Where is everyone nah? Agent of change, maths chic, karmanaut, madmagician, mathemagician,ladokuntlad ... Where R U guys?
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 10, 2015
how i can i go from total maths dullard to become very good in maths in 6months.

PLEASE
I need details and not story story.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Mathemagician1(m): 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hadampson:
Use the quotient rule to find the derivatives of each of the following functions (1) f(x)=x-1/x+1 (2) f(t)=2t/2t^2 +1 (3) f(U)=u^3+u-1/3u^4+6 (4) g(t)=t(t+5)/t^2+3t+1.

Here you go.

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Hadampson(m): 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
Mathemagician1:

Here you go.
I cnt tank U enuf. May God in His glorious mercy reward U. Thank U once again smiley
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Mathemagician1(m): 9:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hadampson:
I cnt tank U enuf. May God in His glorious mercy reward U. Thank U once again smiley

Amen and bless you too.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Hadampson(m): 9:49pm On Dec 10, 2015
[color=#990000][/color][i][/i]
FINgames:
how i can i go from total maths dullard to become very good in maths in 6months.

PLEASE
(1). Develop a great interest for mathematics and have strong desire to become a mathematics guru
(2) Realize that there is nothing magic about mathematics
(3) Make friends with people who appreciate mathematics
(4) Practice as many mathematics questions as possible, starting from the very simple ones to more complex ones. Develop the urge to solve them on your own, but you can always seek for assistance whenever you get hooked .
(5) Do not forget any new thing you have learnt, keep reviewing them.
(6) Learn to memorize some basic mathematics formulas as this will build your confidence.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Mathemagician1(m): 9:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
FINgames:

PLEASE

Hmmm... Nothing is impossible but it all depends on how much work you put into it.

The key words here are hard work, perseverance, dedication, study and logical reasoning. Never be afraid of trying every maths material you can find and when you can't get it done, don't be shy to ask for assistance. Nobody is a maths genius, some people just put in more work than others.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 11, 2015
Hadampson:
[color=#990000][/color][i][/i] (1). Develop a great interest for mathematics and have strong desire to become a mathematics guru
(2) Realize that there is nothing magic about mathematics
(3) Make friends with people who appreciate mathematics
(4) Practice as many mathematics questions as possible, starting from the very simple ones to more complex ones. Develop the urge to solve them on your own, but you can always seek for assistance whenever you get hooked .
(5) Do not forget any new thing you have learnt, keep reviewing them.
(6) Learn to memorize some basic mathematics formulas as this will build your confidence.
thank you.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
Mathemagician1:

Hmmm... Nothing is impossible but it all depends on how much work you put into it.

The key words here are hard work, perseverance, dedication, study and logical reasoning. Never be afraid of trying every maths material you can find and when you can't get it done, don't be shy to ask for assistance. Nobody is a maths genius, some people just put in more work than others.

Goodluck.
tank you.

but whats your story?
i mean how did you get this good?
pls i need details cos d advice ,you and hadampson gave is kind of the OBVIOUS thing to do.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by ladokuntlad(m): 12:59am On Dec 12, 2015
FINgames:
tank you.

but whats your story?
i mean how did you get this good?
pls i need details cos d advice ,you and hadampson gave is kind of the OBVIOUS thing to do.
there aint any mysterious story behind it apart from developing interest.
I for one started as a dullard back in pri-junsec school days.
bt discovered myself wen I studied (not read) a maths textbook (new general maths) and I understood every text in it and was able to solve d exercises.
den I started developing interest in it. Skip to university I chose mathematics as my preferred course (weird) and was given. Graduated with a 2nd class honours (upper division) and life around me became numbers.

So in summary I will say:
Self realisation
self development
perseverance
always b inquisitive
reflect after study (very important)
Do mathematics as leisure (yes dont b too serious)
Find hobbies related to it e.g ludo, whots,.board games generally.
M
Always source for new ideas or workaround to a particular question.
Lastly, practice often by teaching ppul and not keeping it to ursef.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Idrhas(m): 1:27am On Dec 12, 2015
pls can anyone recommend w textbook that explains Gaussian elimination method n echelon row form and pls wat form will the result of a 2x2 multiplied by a 3x3 matrix give?
waiting in anticipation
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 12, 2015
ladokuntlad:

there aint any mysterious story behind it apart from developing interest.
I for one started as a dullard back in pri-junsec school days.
bt discovered myself wen I studied (not read) a maths textbook (new general maths) and I understood every text in it and was able to solve d exercises.
den I started developing interest in it. Skip to university I chose mathematics as my preferred course (weird) and was given. Graduated with a 2nd class honours (upper division) and life around me became numbers.

So in summary I will say:
Self realisation
self development
perseverance
always b inquisitive
reflect after study (very important)
Do mathematics as leisure (yes dont b too serious)
Find hobbies related to it e.g ludo, whots,.board games generally.
M
Always source for new ideas or workaround to a particular question.
Lastly, practice often by teaching ppul and not keeping it to ursef.
Thank you VERY MUCH sir.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by petengine(m): 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2015
On the flat a cyclist can average 14 mph but downhill his average speed increases by 40%; what speed does the cyclist average downhill?
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Mathemagician1(m): 12:54pm On Dec 12, 2015
petengine:
On the flat a cyclist can average 14 mph but downhill his average speed increases by 40%; what speed does the cyclist average downhill?

Flat surface = 14 mph
Downhill = 14 + (40% of 14)
= 19.6 mph or approximately 20 mph
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Mathemagician1(m): 12:55pm On Dec 12, 2015
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by petengine(m): 1:02pm On Dec 12, 2015
Mathemagician1:
Tnx man
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by petengine(m): 1:39pm On Dec 12, 2015
try this

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by benji93: 8:41pm On Dec 12, 2015
petengine:
try this
based on the range given no solution, adding odd positive integers in odd number of ways will always give you odd.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by petengine(m): 9:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
benji93:

based on the range given no solution, adding odd positive integers in odd number of ways will always give you odd.
u just kill it. kudos
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by dprinz99(m): 11:30pm On Dec 12, 2015
FINgames:

PLEASE

same question I posted last month but I can tel u DAT I'm already a testimony
just as they have said,maths is like climbing the staircase.u don't miss any of the steps
all is possible with determination,I hated math too much in high school that I had to drop further maths in ss2.i thougt noting will connect me to maths agn Bt math turns out to be my life partner.one thing u must understand is that no one was born as a math guru,u only decide to ne and u know what dat means.
start up somewhere,even if it means to go back to ur ss1 work which I did.
settle ur scores with indices Coz he will always come calling
try to practice as much as u can.try,to appreciate ur progress n ask questions are u dnt understand.
set a goal for urself,Mk friends with math guys,attend a private math class if u can n I tell u,in no long time,u wil b advising people on how to bcum a math guru
best wishes in studing the subject of THINKERS
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by dprinz99(m): 11:33pm On Dec 12, 2015
Which maths textbook is most recommended for people still growing in
1)maths
2)f/maths
for Olevel

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (284) (Reply)

DIRECT ENTRY Admission. / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.