Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,813 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:55 PM

Made Easy: Why And How To Join Modeling - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Made Easy: Why And How To Join Modeling (4540 Views)

Should I Go Into Modeling (how Do I Look) / Modeling Tips / Nubian Love Modeling Agency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Made Easy: Why And How To Join Modeling by channel190(m): 7:03am On Jan 01, 2013
why do you want to join modeling?
What do you expect to benefit from it?
What are the needs, dos and don't ?
Where can I find an agent, and why do I need them?
What is the cost of promoting my self and how?
Yes! It a profit oriented business I want to venture in!!!
Business? Then you can set up a 'Model Crew' 'Team' or even a Modeling out fit.
What is a portfolio and how do I make mine hot?

And many more answers to your question,
I pledge to give you the most simple step by step guard.
But first you must understand what modeling is all about.
Re: Made Easy: Why And How To Join Modeling by channel190(m): 12:16pm On Jan 01, 2013
Many Nigerian girls like girls across the world want to be models.
How do you become a model? What does it take to be successful?

The first step is find an agent to represent you.
As part of preparing to meet with that agency, you must build your portfolio and watch these;

Hair: don't use a wig, weave or whatever hair extensions.
Learn to be natural.
Keep your hair clean, moisturized, shiny and most importantly, natural.

Dress: learn to dress appropriately for your age. Clothes should be clean and fitted NOT tight.
Be used to all kinds of shoe.

Face: Keep makeup very natural.
Your face is a canvas for model agencies to visualize the many things they can do with you.
Keep it clean.
Avoid wearing makeup if you can and if you must, keep it very natural.
Simple lip gloss is fine and if you must, mascara.

Build your portfolio: make it a point of duty, take an un edited snap shots at almost all hours of your life.

A model’s portfolio is incredibly important, as it includes pictures and past work, and is the first thing casting agents, brands, or designers will look at, in order to determine if they want to work with you.
Of course, when you’re just starting out modeling, your portfolio, also known as a book, will be sparse. In time and with success,it will expand. For now, though, ask a friend to take a few snapshots of you to give agencies an idea of your look. Your pictures might not be up to professional standards, but try to use nice camera and make sure the lighting is flattering.

With your completed portfolio all set, it’s time to get in touch with some modeling agencies .
First of all, do your research and make sure to find reputable agencies that cater to the market you’re interested in.
Then, check out the agencies’ websites to find out how they prefer you to submit your book – some will have you mail it in, while others will let you fill out forms and upload pictures online.
Additionally, many agencies have open casting calls , which are a great opportunity for aspiring models.
Re: Made Easy: Why And How To Join Modeling by tobezekiel(f): 8:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
Pls do u knw of any reputable agency? am interested..
Re: Made Easy: Why And How To Join Modeling by channel190(m): 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
tobezekiel: Pls do u knw of any reputable agency? am interested..
I have a great e-book for you. With addresses of agencies in nigeria and across the border.
In that same e-book, u will discover how to get FAME and MONEY from modeling.
Re: Made Easy: Why And How To Join Modeling by channel190(m): 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
tobezekiel: Pls do u knw of any reputable agency? am interested..

Have you taken your time on this?

The first step is find an agent to represent you.
As part of preparing to meet with that agency, you must build your portfolio and watch these;
Hair: don't use a wig, weave or whatever hair extensions.
Learn to be natural.
Keep your hair clean, moisturized, shiny and most importantly, natural.
Dress: learn to dress appropriately for your age. Clothes should be clean and fitted NOT tight.
Be used to all kinds of shoe.
Face: Keep makeup very natural.
Your face is a canvas for model agencies to visualize the many things they can do with you.
Keep it clean.
Avoid wearing makeup if you can and if you must, keep it very natural.
Simple lip gloss is fine and if you must, mascara.
Build your portfolio: make it a point of duty, take an un edited snap shots at almost all hours of your life.
A model’s portfolio is incredibly important, as it includes pictures and past work, and is the first thing casting agents, brands, or designers will look at, in order to determineif they want to work with you.
Of course, when you’re just starting out modeling, your portfolio, also known as a book, will be sparse. In time and with success,it will expand. For now, though, ask a friend to take a few snapshots of you to give agencies an idea of your look. Your pictures might not be up to professional standards, but try to use nice camera and make sure the lighting is flattering.

If no please do,
The mastery of the above are prerequisites of a successful model.

Among other things, the above comes first.
Re: Made Easy: Why And How To Join Modeling by channel190(m): 5:49am On Jan 03, 2013
for those on campus, universities and polytechnics, you can utilize an opportunity of working with us. Give me a p.m, let me put u through
Re: Made Easy: Why And How To Join Modeling by tobezekiel(f): 11:49am On Jan 03, 2013
Iv nt done any kinda modellin b4+ am in sch so ill only have tym whn on holls mostly..
am new to everyfin bou modelling.
Re: Made Easy: Why And How To Join Modeling by channel190(m): 12:11pm On Jan 03, 2013
tobezekiel: Iv nt done any kinda modellin b4+ am in sch so ill only have tym whn on holls mostly..
am new to everyfin bou modelling.
if you have not done anything on modeling, how good are u in the above characteristics? Give me a PM.
Re: Made Easy: Why And How To Join Modeling by tobezekiel(f): 3:40pm On Jan 03, 2013
Pls can ah have ur fb user name/phone no so we ll talk better?
Re: Made Easy: Why And How To Join Modeling by johnwisdom10(m): 11:33pm On Jan 12, 2013
please can i have ur contact?

(1) (Reply)

What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? / Eyeshadow For Beginners / Fashion School Or Road Side Designer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.