Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? (4435 Views)

The Growing Trend Of Waist Training .. Your Thoughts And Criticism / Are You Addicted To Fake Nails? / ~ What Are Your Thoughts On African Fabric Infused Ladies' Purses & Swimwear? ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? by fellybabe(f): 11:54am On Sep 19, 2008
Hey all,
I was thinking what were your thoughts on acrylics and fake nails in general,

Every couple of years or so, I go through this phase where I want to get my nails done (acrylics), and now is one of those times. I have been a nail biter since I was a kid, and have a stopped biting temporarily a few times here and there, but never permanently. I am preggo and feeling like I need to do something extra to "perk up" my appearance now that I've finally gone from frumpy housewife to doing my hair and makeup every day (this board really helps to motivate me to help me looking my best, too!)

So, I guess I was wondering if you all like them, think they're tacky, too expensive, etc, and If I should just get them, although they get pricey with the fill-ins etc, (I told my husband it was an investment in my self-esteem, lol! ). Btw, the times I do end up getting my nails done, I usually go for about 3 or 4 months then I quit going and let them grow out/ take 'em off (ouch!),

So, what do you guys think?
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? by ikamefa(f): 8:40pm On Sep 19, 2008
@ topic i feel yah on this one

i go through the same phase ( though i aint preggers like you) grin

last six month i was spending my money on getting my nails done errweek undecided

$25.99 a pop for a new set of tips and God help me i if i haVe to do fill ins its like $13.99 grin

na so all those chinco peeps dey chop ma money grin grin grin grin grin

thank God right now i don't even want to do them any more

c o s they don't last embarassed

taking them off is a nightmare , you will have to soak your fingers in pure acetone for hours

why go through all this wahala just so your nails can look good? undecided

right now i have decided no more fake- nails " grin "

my nails are going to be short, stubby and all natural " grin "

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? by mohawkchic(f): 11:18pm On Sep 19, 2008
~I only find false nails/Acrylic nails done to look like the witches potrayed in Niaja movies tacky!! . . . Expensive they can be if done on a regular basic coupled with refills/removal/special designs . . . its worth every penny for me tho grin If you fancy having them done,you shud . . put to rest if its something you like or not . . .

~I lurv nuffin more than having acrylic nails on . . . some 11 yrs ago,i got to experience the worse case scenario of having acrylic on . . . while bouncing a basekball,my thumb nail snapped into two . . in the middle . . .most excruciating pain eva!! i'll spare you guys the details cry Didnt stop me from having acrylic done tho,i was just more cautious when i have em on . . . neverthe less over the years,there was barely a time when i let my nails breathe . . . i hated doing refills,I've this thing in my mind it's obvious where the nail was filled tongue Not to talk of soaking up my fingers to get the acrylic off,so when am ready for a new set,i clip the nail off,then use the tip of the iron nail file to take off the nail on top of mine from end to end . . doesnt hurt cry when done properly . . . been doing it so long am a pro now grin Down side is having very weak nails with chips from all that filing sad

~For almost six years now however i only have em on as a treat!! . . . Annually on my birthday/wedding anniversary,my son's birthday & those on-off moments when i feel like getting dolled up for a weekend/night out or just for the heck of it!!I enjoy grooming my natural nails . . . using nail mender,cuticle oil,painting em various colours grin

~A full set here in London depending what area you're located ranges from £10/20/23
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? by fellybabe(f): 2:14pm On Sep 21, 2008
oh yeah,so it is dat expensive over there?
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? by mohawkchic(f): 6:07pm On Sep 21, 2008
~Whats the price in Naija?

~Compared to the price range of £10 been the least one can pay here in London is it really expensive?
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? by Gamine(f): 7:51pm On Sep 21, 2008
I dont geddit.

Never considered it.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? by fellybabe(f): 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2008
mohawkchic:

~Whats the price in Naija?

~Compared to the price range of £10 been the least one can pay here in London is it really expensive?

btw N600-N1,200
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? by iice(f): 4:40am On Sep 23, 2008
Love it grin So long as it looks 'human'
Have never worn it, but i hope to try it one day cheesy

However everytime i think of doing it, i'd rather use the money to buy food grin

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? by KarmaMod(f): 4:54am On Sep 23, 2008
felly, considering you are pregnant. I don't know, you might want to lay off acrylics, chemicals, ya know.

I have them on now. Been filling biweekly and changing the colors since mid July.  tongue

Probably get a completely new set in October.

ika, where do/did you do your fillings? Here it's $17  undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? by MrInfo1(m): 12:37am On Oct 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

felly, considering you are pregnant.

Congratulations o
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? by HRhotness(f): 12:43am On Oct 02, 2008
I've got long nails so i don't fix them much, only in one off occassions where i want a dramatic effect

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? by ikamefa(f): 9:53pm On Oct 03, 2008
KarmaMod:

ika, where do/did you do your fillings? Here it's $17  undecided

here where? westchester? grin grin grin grin grin

bk kiss kiss of course !
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? by ajiriavae(f): 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2008
hello,
i think false nails are the saviour of the woman who has tried to grow beautiful nails but cant quite get it right either because they lead busy lives or because they just can't get their own nails to grow. as long as they occasionally give their nails time to grow, i say "you go girl".

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? by SeanT21(f): 7:26am On Oct 09, 2008
I have it on right now. I got it done at the Nail Store in Wal Mart. I forgot the name. It cost 40 bucks.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? by tRoOE(f): 7:12pm On Oct 11, 2008
[size=13pt]I use to be addicted to it, until the jan when i realized my nails had dints on them, it became weak and breaks easily, in short fake nail is bad.
I spend so much money on my nails than on food, they are dayz when i used to starve myself just because i needed that money  4 refill.
But i might get it done again for xmas, but am still thinking about it undecided
[/size]
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? by bettes(f): 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2008
I prefer acrylics to my natural nails,i dont see anything wrong with it so long as it is natural.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Fake Nails/acrylic Nails? by Ifemideife: 3:46pm On Sep 15, 2022
I actually like acrylic nails to natural nails� especially when it comes to making them�� it � for me

(1) (Reply)

Can You Wear This? / Main Reasons Why African Women Wear Beads On Their Waist [MUST READ] / 100 Most Stylish 2017 Ghana Braid Styles With Beautiful Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.