Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,111 members, 7,821,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway (18212 Views)

10 Killed In Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) / Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway,scores Of Passengers Feared Dead.graphic Pics / "Horror On Lagos - Benin Expressway!" <<FAKE - It Was an ACCIDENT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by topeorekoy(m): 9:15am On Jan 01, 2013
Two freight trucks, a luxurious bus, coaster and at least five cars were involved in multiple accidents near Ijebu-Ode along the Lagos-Benin express-road on Sunday.

It could not determined if there were casualties, but towing vehicles and road safety officials and plain clothe policemen were sighted around the scene with Ogun State fire truck on standby.

The luxurious bus cashed into the hole dividing two small bridges overlooking the river below.

Several passenger and onlookers sat around the scene as a huge traffic formed on the other side of the crash scene.

http://saharareporters.com/gallery/photonews-multiple-vehicles-crash-along-lagos-benin-highway

http://topeorekoya..com/2013/01/photos-multiple-vehicles-crash-along.html
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by israel007: 9:18am On Jan 01, 2013
Na wa
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by cockyjay: 9:19am On Jan 01, 2013
Wow this is sad.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by vanstanzy(m): 10:20am On Jan 01, 2013
I tell u blood-sucking demons will never stop. But we take so many things for granted in this country. Open and unguarded trenches and pits everywhere u look. This is the resultant report we should expect to get. R.I.P. to the dead, if any.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by katolistic(m): 10:22am On Jan 01, 2013
May God mercy and canopy of security continue to protect us from all these demons

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 01, 2013
hmmm....

Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by SELFWORTH: 10:27am On Jan 01, 2013
May The Lord protect us all from evil in 2013. Grant Nigerian roads angelic soldiers that will prevent irresponsible people from accessing the roads. May He also hold to account all those politicians who have misused their political offices to enrich their lives at the cost of the lives of other citizens becos these blood is on their hands.

In this 2013, execute JUDGEMENT against anyone who pertake in any evil of any kind. Amen
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by born2boink(m): 10:29am On Jan 01, 2013
Since it has happened on sunday, hope it end in 2012, we shall not continue to 2013 in Jesus name....we do not regret we come to this world but we regret we found ourselves in nigeria
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by Donsammi(m): 10:30am On Jan 01, 2013
!
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by vanstanzy(m): 10:31am On Jan 01, 2013
Come to think of it, they almost crossed-over into a new year before this... cry cry cry Too bad, so sad.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by EasyNaijacom: 10:32am On Jan 01, 2013
vanstanzy: I tell u blood-sucking demons will never stop. But we take so many things for granted in this country. Open and unguarded trenches and pits everywhere u look. This is the resultant report we should expect to get. R.I.P. to the dead, if any.
So, according to you, 'blood sucking demons' created those trenches and pits?
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by PHIPEX(m): 10:32am On Jan 01, 2013
I know that dangerous spot where the luxurious bus crashed into, it's so open and scary and whenever I pass there I keep wondering what it will cost the relevant authority to make it look responsible. Well now that it has probably taken a life, lets hope they will arise to their responsibility.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by vanstanzy(m): 10:35am On Jan 01, 2013
EasyNaija.com:

So, according to you, 'blood sucking demons' created those trenches and pits?

Look closely at my post and u'll see i mentioned that Nigerians take many things for granted, meaning we are careless. That means u didn't read and comprehend my post before commenting. wink wink wink wink wink
Note: the devil looks for slip-ups such as these, to strike.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by puntersmind: 10:36am On Jan 01, 2013
God please help this country. Amen
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by vanstanzy(m): 10:36am On Jan 01, 2013
PHIPEX: I know that dangerous spot where the luxurious bus crashed into, it's so open and scary and whenever I pass there I keep wondering what it will cost the relevant authority to make it look responsible. Well now that it has probably taken a life, lets hope they will arise to their responsibility.

Good man wink wink wink. That was the carelessness i was talking about.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by Gentlepapi(m): 10:44am On Jan 01, 2013
Accident is neva our portion
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by ghettodreamz(m): 10:48am On Jan 01, 2013
On a day like this, devil and his agents will always be roaring around like wounded lions seeking whom they'd devour. One have to be prayerful and careful too.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by ubong560(m): 10:52am On Jan 01, 2013
To many, dis season is considered d period for excessive alcoholic consumption. This shld always be d resultance effect when people drive under d influence of alcohol. When ur brain is managed by alcohol, d plain lane u drive bcoms d bush and d bush bcoms d lane and wen coupled wit demonic powers seeking for blood to suck dis period. One shld always be extra careful this period though d protectn is frm God. Blessed be to d Lord for we believe there was no lost of lives. Happy new year all.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by amusie: 11:05am On Jan 01, 2013
our society is not well structured,in abroad truck don't move during day time and they measure d capacity of load u can carry.in this country nothing like that.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by Kassidy90(m): 11:24am On Jan 01, 2013
Very sad, I know that spot, always pray whenever am in a bus crossing tha bridge, imagine a bridge without demarcation at both sides....
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 01, 2013
amusie: our society is not well structured,in abroad truck don't move during day time and they measure d capacity of load u can carry.in this country nothing like that.

Yeah, i support a legislation to stop movement of heavy duty vehicles on Nigerian roads during the day. They should move from 10pm to 5am.

Looking closely at that accident scene and the write-up, the accident likely occured at night. That luxurious bus might have been overtaking a slower vehicle before it got stuck on that empty hole inbetween the bridge. Leaving that bridge in that condition without warning signs was the height of recklessness by FERMA and FRSC. Let's mention their names.

Thank God, FRSC didnt extort money on checkpoints this yuletide season rather they helped traffic control.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by pekelepekele(m): 12:05pm On Jan 01, 2013
Chai. Wife and kids at home , This life self
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 01, 2013
So sad, God help us.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by redsun(m): 1:38pm On Jan 01, 2013
Nigerian roads are death traps and nigerian drivers are not trained.The two factors combined are deadly corktail for ghastly accidents.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by ypzilanti: 1:39pm On Jan 01, 2013
I sincerely hope that a survivor of one of these preventable accidents resulting from bad roads sues FERMA and FG. It would make an interesting case, and serve notice that in future Nigerians will sue whenever a pot hole or bad road causes accident. The government would have to prove in court that money was not allocated to fix the road in question.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2013
PHIPEX: I know that dangerous spot where the luxurious bus crashed into, it's so open and scary and whenever I pass there I keep wondering what it will cost the relevant authority to make it look responsible. Well now that it has probably taken a life, lets hope they will arise to their responsibility.

...I wish Mosun_Ade sees that very last photo,the one showing the gap between the two bridges the luxury bus plunged into. If this isn't a clear case of bad road= corruption in high places=GEJ Govt,...then I don't know what else should pass for corruption.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by redsun(m): 1:43pm On Jan 01, 2013
ypzilanti: I sincerely hope that a survivor of one of these preventable accidents resulting from bad roads sues FERMA and FG. It would make an interesting case, and serve notice that in future Nigerians will sue whenever a pot hole or bad road causes accident. The government would have to prove in court that money was not allocated to fix the road in question.

The case wont get to court.The judge himself will think the complainant is crazy.

That is why anything goes in nigeria,because it is lawless country.If there are laws,the leaders wont be getting away with mass murders like that.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by ypzilanti: 1:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
redsun:

The case wont get to court.The judge himself will think the complainant is crazy.

That is why anything goes in nigeria,because it is lawless country.If there are laws,the leaders wont be getting away with mass murders like that.

I agree, but sometimes you have to test the system in that way. You may just be surprised at the outcome. Also, a brilliant lawyer can appeal until it gets to supreme court, and bring attention and publicity to the issues with the roads.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by wilxz(m): 2:06pm On Jan 01, 2013
Why do people always complain about the state of the roads when an accident occurs. What about the state of the drivers involved. The worst a road can be, is to be riddled with potholes. A sensible person knows that when you get to that spot, you have to slow down the vehicle, so as to enable you move past d potholes efficiently, instead of trying to fly over it by increasing the speed of the vehicle.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by redsun(m): 2:15pm On Jan 01, 2013
ypzilanti:

I agree, but sometimes you have to test the system in that way. You may just be surprised at the outcome. Also, a brilliant lawyer can appeal until it gets to supreme court, and bring attention and publicity to the issues with the roads.

It is the only way out but at the moment nigerians are beclouded and bespelled.I was speaking to somebody this morning in nigeria that told me politicians slaps their staffs and otimkpus(praise singers) at wiil,then i asked "why dont dont sue them"?he said for where,that even the police sergeant at the counter will tell the complainant to go back,apologise and remain sheepishly loyal to the same oga/madam that is harrassing him/her.

It is a lwaless country.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by manny4life(m): 2:20pm On Jan 01, 2013
redsun:

It is the only way out but at the moment nigerians are beclouded and bespelled.I was speaking to somebody this morning in nigeria that told me politicians slaps their staffs and otimkpus(praise singers) at wiil,then i asked "why dont dont sue them"?he said for where,that even the police sergeant at the counter will tell the complainant to go back,apologise and remain sheepishly loyal to the same oga/madam that is harrassing him/her.

It is a lwaless country.

Our messiah will come from somewhere. America nor China won't send their politicians or lease their leaders to us. One viable solution though is revenge on the system. If there were groups who went after these guys in the three tiers of government, they'll be forced to seat up - by fire by force.
Re: Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway by redsun(m): 2:30pm On Jan 01, 2013
manny4life:

Our messiah will come from somewhere. America nor China won't send their politicians or lease their leaders to us. One viable solution though is revenge on the system. If there were groups who went after these guys in the three tiers of government, they'll be forced to seat up - by fire by force.

That is why when you hear of kidnapping,you think ordinary nigerians are inhumans,but they are forced into the acts by the socalled ruling elite.Somehow,there has to be a way out and it could mean systematically eliminating the flawed elite and the incoming elite will know the faith waiting for them if the choose to go the same ay of the past.

Democracy is not working,nigeria at this moment is worse than a military regime and the only people that the socalled democracy favours are the politicians and their cohorts that are stealing the people's resources.

(1) (2) (Reply)

60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences / Lady Accused Of Ordering The Assault Of Taxify Driver, Speaks / Bus Collides With Trailer In Jigawa,18 Passengers Dead(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.