Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,979 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 (74844 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa : International Friendly : (1 - 1) On 29th March 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 02, 2013
ayusco85:

AIT will show the match. Just saw it on their news bar, dat they have the right to show the match live by 7pm.

You guys in Naija are lucky! So far, I've not seen any tv station that will broadcast the match to those of us in the US. undecided

Anyway, I'll rely on Nairaland for the play-by-play coverage and analysis smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by sabak: 8:40am On Jan 02, 2013
AIT just confirmed the game will be life on their station.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Johnnoah1st: 8:51am On Jan 02, 2013
Shaw007: Last year it was GEJ giving us a new year gift with subsidy,Now its keshi,i hope say ppl no go die this time shagrin

and ehmm,gOodluck 2 those that'll watch d match,i no wan destroy this my new black and white Tv
hahahaha black and white tv indeed
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Johnnoah1st: 8:53am On Jan 02, 2013
sabak: AIT just confirmed the game will be life on their station.
it is life indeed not live again.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by ayusco85(m): 8:59am On Jan 02, 2013
CFCfan:

You guys in Naija are lucky! So far, I've not seen any tv station that will broadcast the match to those of us in the US. undecided

Anyway, I'll rely on Nairaland for the play-by-play coverage and analysis smiley

U can come back to naija and watch it then go back to d U.S after the match grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 02, 2013
ayusco85:

U can come back to naija and watch it then go back to d U.S after the match grin

Haha. Just for one or two days? I don't think so grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Anubiri(m): 10:25am On Jan 02, 2013
I pity naija 2da...na cry dem go take cum back
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Duruewurupraise: 10:33am On Jan 02, 2013
Nigeria will suprise dem cos our home based players don't fear names

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Teeboy15(m): 10:35am On Jan 02, 2013
semid4lyfe: The Super Eagles of Nigeria will take on the "La Selecció", the official football team of the Spanish autonomous community of Catalonia in an International Friendly & Exhibition match on Wednesday, 2nd January 2013 at the Cornella-El Prat Stadium, the home ground of La Liga club, RCD Espanyol.

Manager of the Catalonia side, Johan Cruyff has named a strong squad that includes 10 players from FC Barcelona, seven from RCD Espanyol and two from La Liga club, Rayo Vallecano.

Austrian club, Red Bull Salzburg, Getafe and AC Milan also contributed one player each to the Catalonia team.

Nigeria which is in camp in neighboring Portugal preparing for the African Cup of Nations will be fielding a mix of domestic league players and foreign pros in this game though they'll be without Captain - Joseph Yobo, Chelsea Duo - Mikel Obi & Victor Moses and Isreal-Based Goal keepers, Vincent Enyeama & Austin Ejide and in their absence, either Warri Wolves Chigozie Agbim or Heartland's Daniel Akpeyi will be in goal.

The friendly against the Super Eagles is Cruyff's last game in charge of Catalonia, and he's said the best players have been chosen, leaving out players from the second division, because it is an important game and the Nigerians are preparing for the African Cup of Nations.

On his part, Super Eagles gaffer, Stephen Keshi has urged Nigerians not to loose sleep over the game as his team will put in a strong performance against Catalonia.

The Words:

“For me it was a personal obligation. Forty years ago I was well received and have been here as a player and coach. I have fulfilled my obligations that I targeted and much more.

It's an important game for me, the players and the people of Catalonia and I'll like to win and bow out with a very loud ovation” — Johan Cruyff, Coach of Catalonia

“This will be my second time of facing Catalonia as a coach. I still recall when we were preparing for the 2000 Africa Cup of Nations when I was assistant to Bonfrere Jo. We lost that game 5-0.

We will be playing with a team dominated by players who ply their trade in the Nigeria Premier League. One or two foreign-based professionals will join us and I want to assure our teeming fans that the boys selected for that game will put in a strong performance against Catalonia” — Stephen Keshi, Super Eagles Coach

So what do you think? Does Stephen Keshi and in deed the players have what it takes to stop the likes of Sergio Busquets, Xavi Hernandez, Sergi Roberto, Cristian Tello, Carlos Puyol, Martin Montoya, Gerard Pique, Carles Puyol, Marc Bartra, Jordi Alba, Sergio Tejera, Joan Capdevila? etc and get a respectable result OR will it be another drubbing like in '98?

Who knows? Drop your opinion, prediction, comments and perhaps *pause* prayer for the team so it doesn't start 2013 with a loss tongue

Source: supersport.com
which 1 b catalonia again....
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by iamdsam: 10:39am On Jan 02, 2013
Even these Green Chickens know say them go lose. I bid them farewell as they go to rewrite history
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 02, 2013
If Naija beat Catalonia, I go dance Awilo Logomba(makossa).
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Okijajuju1(m): 10:46am On Jan 02, 2013
The gods have spoken... I saw the scoreboard and could only see 1:0.. When I asked the gods if it meant that Nigeria would only lose by one goal to nil, they said NO.. That the scoreboard was only designed to count 1 - 9.. That the 1 was only showing because Catalunya had entered doubled digit scores...

Please Keshi, tell catalunya sorry and avoid that match.. I see destruction.. I even saw Enyeama hanging from the bar.. He had hung himself with his towel..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 02, 2013
^^^
Lol. Naija go win.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by ayusco85(m): 10:56am On Jan 02, 2013
Okija_juju: The gods have spoken... I saw the scoreboard and could only see 1:0.. When I asked the gods if it meant that Nigeria would only lose by one goal to nil, they said NO.. That the scoreboard was only designed to count 1 - 9.. That the 1 was only showing because Catalunya had entered doubled digit scores...

Please Keshi, tell catalunya sorry and avoid that match.. I see destruction..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
i laugh in swahili. u sure arent a patriotic nigerian
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by JOYCEOUS(f): 11:06am On Jan 02, 2013
Abeg oo mek una hlp me! Hw do u guys highlyt & quote oda pple's comment. * 1st tyma *
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Adanyebe(m): 11:07am On Jan 02, 2013
I cant watch that kind of fixture.... May be I will try listening to the ridiculous soreline
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Acecube(m): 11:07am On Jan 02, 2013
Duruewurupraise: Nigeria will suprise dem cos our home based players don't fear names
our home base players wey na barcelona fans... They will beg xavi to show them tricks... na oboabona or kwambe wan hold tello or borjan... Where ideye wan pass ?.. The only dude that have performed well against barca is uche. Well for me the only thing that can help us is '' chelsea championsleague winning luck''... See the kind bad situation the match is going to be played, a farewell match for their coach and legend johan cruyff.. We're dead oh
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Acecube(m): 11:12am On Jan 02, 2013
JOYCEOUS: Abeg oo mek una hlp me! Hw do u guys highlyt & quote oda pple's comment. * 1st tyma *
below every comment you see quote, report, like... Click on quote.. Welcome and beware of the g4 n first to comment rebel groups.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Adanyebe(m): 11:13am On Jan 02, 2013
JOYCEOUS: Abeg oo mek una hlp me! Hw do u guys highlyt & quote oda pple's comment. * 1st tyma *
just click the "quote" link below the persons comment and datz all
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by obi4eze(m): 11:16am On Jan 02, 2013
CFCfan:

Maybe you could watch the match online. I'm not sure of any site though but I think you could search for it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by boron10(m): 11:22am On Jan 02, 2013
we should all remember that Nigeria is not under any pressure whatsoever to win this friendly match. 90% of the selected players to execute the friendly match are home base. They'll want to impress in order for them so secure contract from bigger clubs.

Barcelona players on the other hand will want to start the second half of the season injury free and would not want to put all their efforts into the game. Winning to them won't be a big achievement afterall.

Therefore, i'll place my bet on the super chicken. I believe they will out muscle the catalonia player.

My prediction is 3-2 in favour of the super eagles. Valdes is even likely to commit a blunder
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by obi4eze(m): 11:24am On Jan 02, 2013
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by isquar3d3(m): 11:29am On Jan 02, 2013
its a pity. No Enyeama, no Ejide. Na home based 'apere' we wan use. Chai! The only reasn y i wld watch dis match is just to see Rabiu Ibrahim back in action for 9ja. He, Nosa and IK wil b joining the homebased for the match. O boy! Small Tello wil destroy whoeva our RB wil be.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 02, 2013
Enyeama is not in Camp. You must be a fake Prophet.

Okija_juju: The gods have spoken... I saw the scoreboard and could only see 1:0.. When I asked the gods if it meant that Nigeria would only lose by one goal to nil, they said NO.. That the scoreboard was only designed to count 1 - 9.. That the 1 was only showing because Catalunya had entered doubled digit scores...

Please Keshi, tell catalunya sorry and avoid that match.. I see destruction.. I even saw Enyeama hanging from the bar.. He had hung himself with his towel..
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by godstino(m): 11:36am On Jan 02, 2013
Teeboy15: which 1 b catalonia again....
you must be a dunce for quoting the whole post just to comment 5 words..dont u knw pple are surfin on mobile??
#ode
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by farmer99: 11:40am On Jan 02, 2013
Adanyebe: just click the "quote" link below the persons comment and datz all
like this?
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by creativemusic: 11:40am On Jan 02, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 02, 2013

You're welcome to Nairaland. smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by isquar3d3(m): 11:43am On Jan 02, 2013
boron10:
Barcelona players on the other hand will want to start the second half of the season injury free and would not want to put all their efforts into the game. Winning to them won't be a big achievement afterall.
this is not totally true. If u know any thing about the politics of Spain, you'll know that this match is more than just a mere friendly. It is making a political statement. This is also Cryuff's last match in charge and he wants to win. Unlike our big boys over here, the barca boys will play their hearts out. The stadium wil be filled to the brim with chanting Catalans who want independence from Spain. The barcelona team is like a goddess to them. Football is a means by which they plan to show that they can be self sufficient as a nation. It's gonna be HOT! Sorry 4 almost derailing the thread.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by dilbert100: 11:45am On Jan 02, 2013
1-4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Ronaldo's Fans Chanted “Messi” In Portugal Game Against Serbia / Barca Troll Ronaldo & Juventus With This Photo After Messi Scored Them / Muhammad Ali’s Son ‘dumps’ Wife And Children After Inheriting $80million From La

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.