Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

There Is Still Hope For Nigerian Education. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / There Is Still Hope For Nigerian Education. (599 Views)

Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) / Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? / Is There Still Hope For Him With A 1.5GPA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is Still Hope For Nigerian Education. by Jeremiahdada: 3:13pm On Jan 01, 2013
I would like to use this medium to pay the debts I owned to Federal Government of Nigeria and Federal Ministry of Education and the Scholarship Board of it since 2010. I, Dada Mayowa Jeremiah, a graduate of Lautech in Ogbomoso, Oyo State, an awardee of the fed. Govt. Scholarship in 2010 uses this medium to appreciate all the concerned agencies and personnels so far for their dedication to this sheme and their faithfulness. May God Almighty bless you all. I am a nigerian who do not believe in things like this before I was awarded. I see them as awarding people they know even when do not even qualify at all for it. I relunctantly put in for it in 2010. We were called to loyola college in Ibadan later for a selection test. Many said it is the same old story that they dont used to hear anything afterwards. That was my first time then. Later on in school, my HOD called me a day it was the scholarship award. I doubted it because I never expected anything like that to be true and fair and free. But, it was in reality. I have been awarded for 2010 and 2011. I decided to write specially on this because for the 2011 award, there was some miss up that they have to do re afirmation of awardees. I was not available with the letter of award at my institution when the officier came from Abuja. I really appreciate the man because, He took the pain calling me asking for necessary details and asking for me to scan a copy of the award letter to his email which he downloaded and printed for me. I dont even know him till now, how he looks like I dont even know. I dont even have to pay him anything not even for the inconveniencies. Also when I responded late on the last day of the collation of the details he was still very helpful. I dont know his name but from his email he might be bearing Muibi. I am sure of this that the federal government is faithful to the scholarship shemes and the ministry of education and the scholarship board are loyal and dedicated as well. I also know of the PRESSID scholarship. If Jonathan's administration is to be commented on concerning education, i will say they are faithful to the course of education. I have many witnesses including my secondary school Federal Government College, Ikirun and where I now serves the country. Kudos to Jonathan, his administration, min of education and scholarship board. God bless you all.
Re: There Is Still Hope For Nigerian Education. by calcal: 3:21am On Jan 02, 2013
so the scholarship is like a bribe or their father' money that you are praising the idiots. They should learn how to do the right thing for the country and not giving scholarship to 10 students whereas majority couldn't break thru.
Re: There Is Still Hope For Nigerian Education. by Jeremiahdada: 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
Just see one thing good about nigeria. It will give u d drive to change to d best of ur ability oda lacking areas about nigeria.
Re: There Is Still Hope For Nigerian Education. by Tobbie9(m): 9:40pm On Jan 02, 2013
Jeremiahdada: Just see one thing good about nigeria. It will give u d drive to change to d best of ur ability oda lacking areas about nigeria.
I admire your patriotism but I have to say the federal government can do better, anyway I'll like to know how much the scholarship is worth and your CGPA when u won so I can guage my chances.Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Japan Gives 317 Classrooms To Nigeria [thank God] / A Creche/nursery For Ur Child / Mathematical Science Or Computer Science.which One Is The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.