Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Should Samsung Buy RIM, Manufacturer Of Blackberry? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should Samsung Buy RIM, Manufacturer Of Blackberry? (499 Views)

Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! / RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos / Etisalat Reduces Price Of Blackberry Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Samsung Buy RIM, Manufacturer Of Blackberry? by maclatunji: 12:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
Whilst doing "amebo" on the internet, I found an interesting article and the writer made quite a suggestion that I think my fellow Nairalanders might want to talk about. Let us look at this suggestion together:

RIM will make a modest rebound but will eventually be acquired.

To be entirely honest, I have some hope for RIM. I do think the company will make a modest rebound in 2013 with the release of its BlackBerry 10 devices. But to take back a significant share of the handheld market, RIM will need help from someone else. It makes the most sense in my mind for RIM to consolidate with a company that has the right marketing and a solid hardware vision. [b]Perhaps Samsung could acquire RIM and make BlackBerry 10 its proprietary operating system if Tizen doesn’t work out. [/b]Any number of the growing Asian OEMs that could use better business platforms may show interest in RIM as well.

This should be a most interesting year in the world of technology. Aside from new innovations, changes in the PC landscape and mobile technology transforming the way people work, learn, communicate and play, it will also be a year of transition for many of the PC companies that have dominated the digital landscape for the past 30 years. Without strong mobile plays, their ability to compete will be diminished by the strong competitive positions of Apple, Google and Amazon. If they are to survive and thrive, they’ll need to fully embrace social media and find ways to partner with the Facebooks and Twitters of the world that are driving the next generation of social media and mobile advertising.

Indeed, 2013 will bring a lot of changes to the world of technology, along with some solid innovations that are bound to ingrain the digital lifestyle deeper into the fabric of our society.

Tim Bajarin is the president of, and Ben Bajarin is a principal at, Creative Strategies Inc., a technology-industry analysis and market-intelligence firm in Silicon Valley. They contribute to Big Picture, an opinion column that appears every Monday on TIME Tech.

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2012/12/31/10-tech-industry-predictions-for-2013/#ixzz2GobGMcOL
Re: Should Samsung Buy RIM, Manufacturer Of Blackberry? by luluosas(m): 9:02am On Jan 03, 2013
It would not be a bad idea.
Re: Should Samsung Buy RIM, Manufacturer Of Blackberry? by mj(m): 3:09pm On Jan 03, 2013
I have been following this for long, everything depends on the success of Blackberry 10, if it fails then Samsung will acquire it.

(1) (Reply)

Apple No Longer Rocks-cnet / Samsung Galaxy 5830 / How To Maintain Your Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.