Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam (1634 Views)

Android Plans For GLO? / Watchout: That Etisalat Roll Over Of Unused Data Is A Big Fraud / How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 02, 2013
Guys check this out
Now i believe our Naija Network providers are scammers
most especially Glo Nigeria

GLO: BIG NEW YEAR'S DAY GIVEAWAY QUESTION (fill in the blanks below):

As a company, Globacom recently made history as the first single company to build an $800 million high-capacity fibre-optic cable, known as ___________. It is the first successful submarine cable from the ___________ to ___________; and it will decrease telecom process and provide excess bandwidth to all the cities connected to the cable. This historical initiative will also improve teleconferencing, distance learning, disaster recovery and telemedicine among several other benefits.

1st 5 correct answers will win the Samsung Galaxy Y Pros, while the next 5 correct answers will win N1,000 recharge vouchers.

*To qualify, you have to also share post with friends after completing the task.

Glo World1:35 AM - Public
The answer to yesterday's BIG NEW YEAR GIVEAWAY question is Glo-1, United Kingdom, Nigeria (edited answers were disqualified).

Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Winners:
Udokwu Chiedozie
TIMOTHY CHINASA Ekwugha
Yousouph Horlaneeyi Suleiman
Uchendu Uchendutalks
Fadogba Ayodeji

N1,000 Recharge pin winners:
adeolu ajibade
Ivongbe Jude
Oladipo Jamiu Adebola
Adewale Oladipo
Tunde Sholanke

an edited post

My correct answer

so how come?
Re: Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 02, 2013
Lol, African wonder.
Re: Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam by Francheezy(m): 1:25pm On Jan 03, 2013
dnt mynd dem, xame with me
Re: Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam by luluosas(m): 8:51pm On Jan 10, 2013
There is no scam about it. I won 3 days ago on Twitter and will be collecting my phone soon. So, if you don't win or believe in what Glo is doing on their social media pages, does that make it a scam?
Re: Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam by adewasco2k(m): 5:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
guys check out the page i just stumbled on.....like it and hear the discusions

1 Like

Re: Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam by Spoiltbrat: 9:19pm On Feb 21, 2013
GLOBACOM = SCAM cry
Re: Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam by Spoiltbrat: 9:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
luluosas: There is no scam about it. I won 3 days ago on Twitter and will be collecting my phone soon. So, if you don't win or believe in what Glo is doing on their social media pages, does that make it a scam?

luluosas am sure up till this moment GLOBACOM is yet to give
u the samsung y pro, i won in december too but till now im
still waiting to reveive it. i visited glo office in benin, they said
they have no idea of any such promo. now u can see globacom
is a scam.
check this out also http:///j9VnrahWK2
no be today the scam begin
Re: Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam by Spoiltbrat: 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
grin

saw this on twitter today

"@chaly6packs: @GlobacomLimited its been over Nine weeks since I supposedly won a fone. Am yet to receive it. Even Gloworld staff@Uyo&Benin said its a scam"
Re: Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam by Francheezy(m): 9:45pm On Feb 21, 2013
n0 b scam...lulu0sas nd sum 0da peeps here 0n NL av c0llected deir 0wN,
Am yet t0 c0llect myn

1 Like

Re: Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam by Valto(m): 12:06am On Feb 22, 2013
make una no talk wetin una no know!! i won on twitter on the 16th of jan, and my phone was delivered 2weeks later to me, i spend another 2weeks b4 i decided to check der office....its not a scam .. am writting this with my samsung galaxy y pro duos courtesy of GLO
Re: Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam by luluosas(m): 1:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
Spoiltbrat:

luluosas am sure up till this moment GLOBACOM is yet to give
u the samsung y pro, i won in december too but till now im
still waiting to reveive it. i visited glo office in benin, they said
they have no idea of any such promo. now u can see globacom
is a scam.
check this out also http:///j9VnrahWK2
no be today the scam begin
As you can see, I am posting with my phone. I won on twitter on the 8th of January, 2013 but collected my phone on 6th February, 2013. My wife won her own on the 31st of January, 2013 and collected on the 18th of February, 2013. Both of us collected from Gloworld office in Jimeta, Adamawa State.
In my own case, I was called before I went for the collection but, in my wife's case, she was not called. We just visited their office to make enquiries about the phone and behold, it was already there and she collected.
Therefore, if you have won and are yet to collect, please, visit their Gloworld office in the address you provided for them. Remember, there is no SCAM in the whole game. Thank you.

Re: Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam by luluosas(m): 1:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
Francheezy: n0 b scam...lulu0sas nd sum 0da peeps here 0n NL av c0llected deir 0wN,
Am yet t0 c0llect myn
Na true jor. I am posting with phone now.
Re: Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam by luluosas(m): 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2013
Spoiltbrat: grin

saw this on twitter today

"@chaly6packs: @GlobacomLimited its been over Nine weeks since I supposedly won a fone. Am yet to receive it. Even Gloworld staff@Uyo&Benin said its a scam"
To be sincere, a lot of Glo staff working in their Gloworld offices across Nigeria does not even know about this online Social media promotion as it is run. So, the best way to go about it is to continue disturbing theem using the platform you won. So please, go about it in a matured manner.
Re: Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam by Valto(m): 1:41am On Feb 28, 2013
blink182: Lol, African wonder.
even though i won, but glo's dubious ways is getting too much

Re: Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam by luluosas(m): 9:50pm On Feb 28, 2013
Valto: even though i won, but glo's dubious ways is getting too much
In fact, 3 of us have won in this ongoing game, myself and my wife have collected ours while my in-law is the line to collect her own.
However, the case you just raised here, I remembered I challenged Glo of denying this same person his winning sometime ago on twitter (14th January, 2013) https://twitter.com/lugardosa/status/291229975594561536/photo/1. The guy was actually complaining this Wednesday whether he offended Glo while they continue to deny him his winnings. Glo, announce this guy now as the winner of this week Tuesday contest.

Re: Watchout For GLO Social Network Scam by Valto(m): 10:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
luluosas:
In fact, 3 of us have won in this ongoing game, myself and my wife have collected ours while my in-law is the line to collect her own.
However, the case you just raised here, I remembered I challenged Glo of denying this same person his winning sometime ago on twitter (14th January, 2013) https://twitter.com/lugardosa/status/291229975594561536/photo/1. The guy was actually complaining this Wednesday whether he offended Glo while they continue to deny him his winnings. Glo, announce this guy now as the winner of this week Tuesday contest.
eeyah this same guy don suffer! he won again on tuesday and was denied

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Huawei Help Centre? / GIONEE S5.5 OTA Kitkat Update Available / Hack That Your Neighbour's WIFI Password

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.