Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Is This A Scam From Airtel? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is This A Scam From Airtel? (704 Views)

[photo] See What A Female Marketer From Airtel Wore In Public / I Don Port From Airtel, MTN, Glo & Etisalat To NCC O! / Sexkillz Is A Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Scam From Airtel? by lovejo(m): 3:17pm On Jan 03, 2013
I'm presently in Nigeria and i have less than a month to return to my base. I have 2 lines and one of it is Airtel which i only use to received call from specific people and I received call from less than 5 people per day from it and all total call summary received is less than 15 mins per day.

I got this message '' Your Hello Tune subscription has been renewed at at N100.00 for 30 days. For more songs dial 791 at 25k per seconds SMS song name to 792. To unsubscribe SMS STOP to 791.''

I did not request for this service and hardly touch this phone except I have a call because it is a small phone and i have other smart phone with me. I called customer service and i was told to enjoy it for a month, which i declined because i have less than a month to left here. Customer care advise to send stop to 791 and that I can not get a refund that i should enjoy it which I know i can't enjoy what I did not subscribe for.

If anyone has experience this, kindly let me know because they do this like after 10 minutes i top up my line. If they do this to 1,000 customer is N100,000 and 10,000 customer is N1,000,000. If NCC stop them from doing promo they should take the war to NCC and not their customers.

All foreign corporation takes Nigerians for ride because there is no adequate law to protect consumers.
Re: Is This A Scam From Airtel? by Sirniyeh(m): 8:10pm On Jan 03, 2013
My man, the 791 or 792 is not from Airtel. Individual nigerians are making money through this. They use online mobile number generator to generate mobile numbers and send them the message. Just ignore it
Re: Is This A Scam From Airtel? by lovejo(m): 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2013
I called customer care and I was told to text STOP to 791 to stop it.
Re: Is This A Scam From Airtel? by fergusen: 9:40pm On Jan 04, 2013
I experienced same last year.
Re: Is This A Scam From Airtel? by lovejo(m): 10:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
They called me with their stupid number to advertise their product and I did let the call handler know what happened and that i will not reload on it till I left. She told me I subscribed for the service in November 2010, surprisingly I bought this line August 2011 and used it for 2 months and since 2008, I have not spent any days in Nigeria cos my free period always falls either June or December.
Re: Is This A Scam From Airtel? by freemanbiz(m): 10:55am On Jul 04, 2013
In march this year 2013, Airtel Nigeria Scam (ANS) removed my remaining 1.8GB and till date did out return it. Just yesterday, being 3rd July, 2013 airtel made away wit my 3GB of N5000 (hard borrowed cash) Airtel is a scam.

(1) (Reply)

smh @ This Generation / Dr. Myles Munroe Will Be In Lagos This Weekend / I Hate The MODS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.