Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

My 1999 Toyota Sienna Consumes Fuel..pls I Need Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My 1999 Toyota Sienna Consumes Fuel..pls I Need Help (654 Views)

My Car Heavily Consumes Fuel? Please Help! / 1999 Toyota Camry Consumes Too Much Fuel / Help Pls: My Nissan Primera Car Consumes Fuel So Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 1999 Toyota Sienna Consumes Fuel..pls I Need Help by sunylop: 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2013
I have this Toyota siennna 1999 model , it starts consuming fuel excessively gushing out black smoke, I was advised to change the air flow meter which I did but doesn't solve the problem, my mechanic later cleaned the throttle valve and some other things, the black smoke reduced excessively, but the fuel consumption still very high.
Following the advice on one of the threads on nairaland, I decided to go for scanning which reveals the following codes..:
P0325 - knock sensor 1
P0330 knock sensor 2
P0500 - speed sensor
P0773- transmission shift solenoid
My question now is , Will changing the knocks sensors reduce the fuel consumption?, what of changing the shift solenoid, how does this affect the fuel consumption as well. What do I do now because I don't ve money to waste...pls i just want the gurus to advise me on what to do next...
Thanks very much as I will be waiting for your responses..
Re: My 1999 Toyota Sienna Consumes Fuel..pls I Need Help by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:57pm On Jan 03, 2013
sunylop:
I have this Toyota siennna 1999 model , it starts consuming fuel excessively gushing out black smoke, I was advised to change the air flow meter which I did but doesn't solve the problem, my mechanic later cleaned the throttle valve and some other things, the black smoke reduced excessively, but the fuel consumption still very high.
Following the advice on one of the threads on nairaland, I decided to go for scanning which reveals the following codes..:
P0325 - knock sensor 1
P0330 knock sensor 2
P0500 - speed sensor
My question now is , Will changing the knocks sensors reduce the fuel consumption?, what of changing the shift solenoid, how does this affect the fuel consumption as well. What do I do now because I don't ve money to waste...pls i just want the gurus to advise me on what to do next...
Thanks very much as I will be waiting for your responses..

those code are only for the auto gearbox they got no links with black smoke, black smoke is most linked with oil, oil must be linking into the engine
Re: My 1999 Toyota Sienna Consumes Fuel..pls I Need Help by sunylop: 12:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
@ Zim drill...code P0325 and P0300 are not related to automatic transmission.. Only P0773 has to do with the transmission.although, there is oil leakage from the sump, I think that doesn't ve anything to do with black smoke from the exhaust..
Re: My 1999 Toyota Sienna Consumes Fuel..pls I Need Help by OJtech2(m): 6:48pm On Jan 04, 2013
i think you need to rescan the car, and make sure you use a generic scaner. therez absolutely no relations between the codes you have here and the black smoke. although the shift solenoid could make your car consume fuel because the gear ratio will not be proper. not by black smoke. but i tell you, dont guess and dont waste money, the fault can only be reveald by scaning.
Re: My 1999 Toyota Sienna Consumes Fuel..pls I Need Help by sunylop: 9:00pm On Jan 04, 2013
@ o tech... Thanks very much for your contribution, the car was scanned twice and these are the codes :
0325 - knock sensor 1
P0330 knock sensor 2
P0500 - speed sensor

Maybe I should still go ahead to change the knock sensors..the black smoke reduced after cleaning the throttle valve..
Re: My 1999 Toyota Sienna Consumes Fuel..pls I Need Help by sunylop: 9:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
Siena and ikena should please contribute..pls I am still waiting ...

(1) (Reply)

Invisible Driver At Drive Thru (yahoo Video) / Mercedes C220 (1997 Model) Needed / VIN Check

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.