Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

My Car Heavily Consumes Fuel? Please Help! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Heavily Consumes Fuel? Please Help! (2045 Views)

Does A V6 Camry Pencil Consumes Fuel Excessively? / 1999 Toyota Camry Consumes Too Much Fuel / Help Pls: My Nissan Primera Car Consumes Fuel So Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Heavily Consumes Fuel? Please Help! by coolchimex: 5:51am On Nov 22, 2013
Good Morning House, please I have a Volkswagen Sharan VR6 Engine 1999 Model (6 Plugs) Fuel Injector System which I ignorantly bought not knowing that it heavily consumes fuel. I have been seeking advice from people; a friend suggested that I should change it to Golf 3 Engine while another suggested that the Air Flow Meter be adjusted but warned me that recalibrating the Air Flow Meter might affect the Injector System which is very sensitive. An acquaintance used Injector Cleaner spray on the Injector which reduced the fuel consumption but told me it should be done every 3 days. However, I wish to get a permanent solution. Expert/Experienced helpers please come to your boy's aid abeg. My post is long because I want to make things as clear as possible. Thank You for your anticipated help and Gd Morning once again.
Re: My Car Heavily Consumes Fuel? Please Help! by JUO(m): 6:44pm On Nov 22, 2013
14.3 mpg US OR 16.4 L/100Km
HIGHWAY 26.7 mpg US OR 8.8 L/100Km
COMBINED 20.3 mpg US OR 11.6 L/100Km. I think there is nothing wrong with your van. the sharan is a vr6 2.8, 204hp. what's the mpg you're getting?
Re: My Car Heavily Consumes Fuel? Please Help! by coolchimex: 9:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
@JUO, You are correct. I'll have to accept the car as it is, but I must confess; she is one powerful baby and fast too!
Re: My Car Heavily Consumes Fuel? Please Help! by sultaan(m): 10:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
Do you have a check engine light on if you do what are the codes, you should never guess a problem.The mechanic will easily creat a problem for you.
Re: My Car Heavily Consumes Fuel? Please Help! by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
JUO: the sharan is a vr6 2.8, 204hp. ?

The Volkswagen Sharan is a 2.8 VR6 174hp.
Re: My Car Heavily Consumes Fuel? Please Help! by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
coolchimex: A friend suggested that I should change it to Golf 3 Engine

Sounds like you enjoy creating issues for yourself. If you don't like the VR6, then for Pete's sake sell your Sharan, and buy one with the 1.8 / 2.0 I4.
Re: My Car Heavily Consumes Fuel? Please Help! by Burger01(m): 7:49am On Dec 07, 2013
^^^ Case closed.

Nice one Sienna.... Next please.
Re: My Car Heavily Consumes Fuel? Please Help! by coolchimex: 8:50am On Dec 24, 2013
Lucky Me! The Great Siena made a post on my thread. cheesy
Sir, I respect you and your likes - Ikenna, CarDoctor etc for the wonderful job you are doing on Nairaland. Please keep up the good work; I am a novice in this car thing and was only trying to sample info from those who know better before making a decision. Oga Siena, JUO, Sultaan, Burger01 thank you so much for your input. God Bless and of course Merry Christmas!

(1) (Reply)

All Hail The Mighty Toyota Hilux!!! / Dealers Wanted For Neo Socket Fuel Saver Wanted / Any Airbag Repair Expert In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.