Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) (6520 Views)

Everybody Is A Genius (A US Based Story) / Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus / Everybody Is A Genius--season 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

**Yawns**

Guy, can't you construct a single correct sentence? I mean, one free of mistakes?? undecided undecided

Yeah, it's obvious who "sabi book pass"...Anyway, have it your way. I've wasted more than enough time here - the floor's all yours...enjoy!

***Also unfollows this boring thread...***
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 9:29pm On Jan 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

**Yawns**

Guy, can't you construct a single correct sentence? I mean, one free of mistakes?? undecided undecided

Yeah, it's obvious who "sabi book pass"...Anyway, have it your way. I've wasted more than enough time here - the floor's all yours...enjoy!

***Also unfollows this boring thread...***
LOL
ofcorse I can't, because i'm not a genius.... but i'm a Man of my word. I argue, only on what I know, and I never quit....
So it's better you give up,
you CRAZY BITCH !!!
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by ciphoenix: 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2013
mAd-BulleT:

Your eyes seems to be in your pocket, better bring them out, and fix it back.... Read the qestion again, if you see anything like ALL, then tell me.
dude. Where in my post did you see ALL? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by ATMC(f): 6:52am On Jan 05, 2013
Efemena_xy:

**Yawns**

Guy, can't you construct
a singlecorrect sentence?
ma'am, noone is above mistake!
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 8:08am On Jan 05, 2013
@Ciphoenix, here is what you say; "from your explanation of what ANIMALS mean(not all animals), BIRDS should also mean not all birds". [/quote] YES! I don't refer to all birds.... IF BIRDS FLY, WHAT DO BIRDS DO?
I'm sorry, if I offended you.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 8:15am On Jan 05, 2013
ciphoenix: from your explanation of what ANIMALS mean(not all animals), BIRDS should also mean not all birds.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 9:22am On Jan 05, 2013
ATMC: ma'am, noone is above mistake!
don't mind Efemena_xy, SHE IS A GENIUS! but the problem is that, she is NEUROTIC and exceedingly suffers from DELIRIUM.... please Efemena_xy, go and see your doctor.
I care about you so much, I need to tell you the truth....
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by ciphoenix: 9:23am On Jan 05, 2013
mAd-BulleT:
@Ciphoenix, here is what you say; "from your explanation of what ANIMALS mean(not all animals), BIRDS should also mean not all birds". YES! I don't refare to all birds.... IF BIRDS FLY, WHAT DO BIRDS DO?
I'm sorry, if I offended you.
not offended. Just trying to get it straight. So, if it means NOT ALL BIRDS. Then there should be multiple answers because some fly, some don't. Don't you think?
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2013
ciphoenix: not offended. Just trying to get it straight. So, if it means NOT ALL BIRDS. Then there should be multiple answers because some fly, some don't. Don't you think?
Yeah, some birds fly while others don't.... But the answer is obvious, because the question has stated the flying birds already.

Answer this, if you want me to reason with you.....
If,
1=5
2=10
3=15
4=20
5=?
People fail Simple Questions.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by ciphoenix: 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
mAd-BulleT:

Yeah, some birds fly while others don't.... But the answer is obvious, because the question has stated the flying birds already.

Answer this, if you want me to reason with you.....
If,
1=5
2=10
3=15
4=20
5=?
People fail Simple Questions.
Your point is......
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 6:25pm On Jan 05, 2013
ciphoenix: 1.
Your point is......
GREAT! .....you're right. Now I think you should get my point. That's the logic I used, to set the Q1....
It's just complicated.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by ATMC(f): 8:17pm On Jan 05, 2013
mAd-BulleT:

don't mind Efemena_xy....
you are insulting her...d insult is uncalled for girl,
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 9:34pm On Jan 05, 2013
ATMC: you are insulting her...d insult is uncalled for girl,
But, you know I didn't insult her...
I noticed that, from her hypocrisy and sarcastic quotes.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by ciphoenix: 12:51am On Jan 06, 2013
mAd-BulleT:

GREAT! .....you're right. Now I think you should get my point. That's the logic I used, to set the Q1....
It's just complicated.
with all due respect, if we are to go by this logic, what BIRDS(which means SOME birds) do would be either fly or run or walk or swim. Your premise only talks about a BIRD that flies, doesn't exclude the possibility of SOME others flying.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 8:32am On Jan 06, 2013
ciphoenix: with all due respect, if we are to go by this logic, what BIRDS(which means SOME birds) do would be either fly or run or walk or swim. Your premise only talks about a BIRD that flies, doesn't exclude the possibility of SOME others flying.
Cool, you know if we say BIRDS in general, we are talking about the flying, i.e Eagles, Parrots, the walking i.e fowl,ostrich and the swimming e.g duck, geese e.t.c . If we are to talk of the abilities of birds ...I've mentioned "fly", "run", "swim", in the question, you should then know that the answer is "birds walk".
You see, in that brain teaser I make use of FLY, RUN, SWIM, and WALK; only that, "walk" was the omission that should be looked for?
Here is the question;
If a bird fly, Animals run, Fishes swim, what do Birds do?
Despite "ANIMALS" has taken the place of BIRDS and FISHES in that question, doesn't make it amiss. It's not a normal question..IT'S A BRAIN TEASER
The focal point of the question is; FLY, RUN, SWIM, and " ? "
So I used these to represent the verbs above.
Bird (Kite)
Animals
Fishes
Birds (Hen and Turkey)
The brain teaser doesn't ask you to state Animals, it deals with the movement; FLY, RUN, SWIM and WALK!
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by ATMC(f): 8:50am On Jan 06, 2013
mAd-BulleT:

Cool, you know if we say BIRDS in general, we are talking about the flying, i.e Eagles, Parrots, the walking i.e fowl,ostrich and the swimming e.g duck, geese e.t.c ...So, i've mentioned "fly" in the question, you should then know that other birds walk, since Run and Swim are also mentioned.
You see, in that brain teaser I make use of FLY, RUN, SWIM, and WALK; only that, "walk" was the omission that should be looked for?
Here is the question;
If a bird fly, Animals run, Fishes swim, what do Birds do?
Despite "ANIMALS" has taken the place of BIRDS and FISHES in that question, doesn't make it amiss. It's not a normal question..IT'S A BRAIN TEASER
The focal point of the question is; FLY, RUN, SWIM, and " ? "
So I used these to represent the verbs above.
Bird (Kite)
Animals
Fishes
Birds (Hen and Turkey)
The brain teaser doesn't ask you to state Animals, it deals with the movement; FLY, RUN, SWIM and WALK!
if you like argue till tomorrow dt your question number one get comma. Accept or leave it
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by ciphoenix: 9:15am On Jan 06, 2013
Simply put. The logic is flawed. Things don't work that way Amigo.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 9:31am On Jan 06, 2013
ATMC: if you like argue till tomorrow dt your question number one get comma. Accept or leave it
Are you sure?.... Ok, prove me wrong!
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 10:03am On Jan 06, 2013
ciphoenix: Simply put. The logic is flawed. Things don't work that way Amigo.
.....KUL, FAREWELL!
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by LarrySun(m): 6:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
Hi Bullet,
You know what? I can imagine all the birds gathering right now and laughing at we humans...all because of your first Brain Teaser. I think you shouldn't have included that first question in the first place. I saw some very wonderful people coming here, disagreeing with your premises and you, on the other hand, making them take umbrage at your not-so-polite comments.

Let me give you a piece of advice, buddy. Never insult people who are kind enough to visit your threads and drop a few comments, not even when they infuriate you or disagree with ya. If you begin to insult people at leisure, then chance has it that you may end up with fewer friends than foes. Of course, you may get your skin back on the person who insulted you (on his or her thread, simple).

Insult or no insult...it's also quite wrong to call a lady a "CRAZY BI.TCH"! I view you as someone who insults others at the slightest given chance, I may be wrong though.

Okay, can someone crack this brain-teaser?
A man walked into a bank with his dog. What is the name of the dog.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by ATMC(f): 6:54pm On Jan 06, 2013
mAd-BulleT:
Are you sure?.... Ok, prove me wrong!
others already did, mine wont make a difference.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by jonced(m): 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2013
@ Larry sun

The name of the dog is WHAT

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by LarrySun(m): 1:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
jonced: @ Larry sun

The name of the dog is WHAT
You're so right!
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by tush12: 8:13pm On Jan 07, 2013
Answers
1)Birds flock
2)It will take 5mins to boil the eggs
3)You have 3 apples
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2013
ATMC: others already did, mine wont make a difference.
Iol, ok.... have it your own way!
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by mAdBulleT(m): 9:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
@Larry Sun, I got your point.... I'm astound with your clue in, THANKS A LOT.
Re: Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) by Mescopaul(m): 2:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
Actually i got your drift @*** - bullet.

If i were you sir i wouldnt include the FISH in the teaser, cos from your explanation you made use of the the Walking, flying, running and swimming movements.

Your teaser was right in a way but a little flaw spoilt the beauty of it.

First you said "birds fly, (what remains of the movement of birds is run, walk, and swim).

Next you said Animals run, (birds included, so fly and run has been covered remaining swim and walk).
Saying Fishes swim was out of the way, since the bird case-study has nothing to do with fish.
If you had said something like "Animals run and swim", thereby covering the run and swim movements since birds are also animals, we would have been left with only the WALK movement, which will not be easy to get though.

Or rather you could have omitted the Fish part, thereby leaving your audience to figure either one of swim and walk or both of them.

Your teaser was great, but your 'Fish' mis-mangled the first Question. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Love With Her Pastor-episode 2 By Angelsss / Unity! A Short Inspiring Story. / The Life I Didn't Want To Live - Diaries Of A Virgin Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.