Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! (6493 Views)

Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? / Aké Arts & Book Festival: 5 Facts You Should Know / Is Anyone Attending Ake Arts And Books Festival? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by Suetsi(f): 2:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
Aké Arts and Book Festival is a yearly event that brings like-minded people from all over Nigeria, africa and beyond, together in an atmosphere charged with thrilling creativity.

The 6th edition has been announced again, bigger and better this year, 2018.

Aké Arts & Book Festival is five days of cultural immersion. As is always the case, Aké Arts and Book Festival aims to showcase the very best of contemporary African literature, poetry, music, art, film and theatre. It’s interesting to note that this year’s festival ( sixth edition) will take place for the very first time in Lagos!
Date: October 25th-28th
Venue: Radisson Blu Hotel, Ikeja, Lagos
Theme for this year: ‘Fantastical Futures’
Conversations will center on a “re-imagined African future.” Aké Arts and Book Festival preserves, promotes, develops, and celebrates diverse forms of creativity in Africa.
Features you don’t want to miss: book chats, art exhibition, a stage play, school visits, panel discussions, film & documentary screenings, a musical concert, a night of poetry performance, and others. Book lovers are not left out, as they’ll get to purchase books at affordable prices at the Aké Festival Bookstore.

https://bookclubs.com.ng/ake-arts-book-festival-2018/

Who's attending?

1 Like

Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by Sleekjunior(m): 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2018
Ftc..dedicated to all my igbo brothers,lovers friends wifeys and the afonjas as for d buharist..soon u all will belong to only daura..kick apc out..kick out p0verty
Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by xtophy1(m): 3:43pm On Oct 10, 2018
Threads like this require no comment box at all.. pls, wetin u expect me to talk i should say mak dem no do am??

1 Like

Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by FILEBE(m): 3:44pm On Oct 10, 2018
Iya Segi. I was surprised when she employed the word "feck" in an african novel and settings. It was so so out of place

1 Like

Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by GentleMoney: 3:46pm On Oct 10, 2018

3 Likes

Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2018
I'm in! Gate fee?
Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by Olatunji1929: 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2018
Awon eniyan ti ALADE
Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by gaby(m): 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2018
Will be there live with my book right on my siggy
Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by Nlolodo: 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2018
cool
Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by gaby(m): 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
Suetsi:
Aké Arts and Book Festival is a yearly event that brings like-minded people from all over Nigeria, africa and beyond, together in an atmosphere charged with thrilling creativity.

The 6th edition has been announced again, bigger and better this year, 2018.

https://bookclubs.com.ng/ake-arts-book-festival-2018/

Who's attending?

I sure will attend with my story in my siggy
Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by ObinnaT: 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
FILEBE:
Iya Segi. I was surprised when she employed the word "feck" in an african novel and settings. It was so so out of place
But in the setting it was written, we have been using "fuc.k". Well, it would have been out of place if it was set in early or mid twenties.

1 Like

Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by Nlolodo: 4:01pm On Oct 10, 2018
Ok
Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 10, 2018
If you want to keep a secret from a Nigerian, write it in a book. See how dry this thread is sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by twilliamx(m): 4:05pm On Oct 10, 2018
Sleekjunior:
Ftc..dedicated to all my igbo brothers,lovers friends wifeys and the afonjas as for d buharist..soon u all will belong to only daura..kick apc out..kick out p0verty

And put PDP in ba? Una poverty just start. Nigerians can never be free. Vote, sowore, Donald duke, fela durotoye and anyone else apart from does old insatiable gloats.

2 Likes

Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by sacajawea: 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2018
FILEBE:
Na Wetin come my mind first be that oh.
Wow human brain Is amazing.
Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
My Lola Shoneyin, the author of fantastic book 'The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's wives'

Saved the dates already, so excited and can't wait.
Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by TheAlchemist: 5:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
I hope to be at the event.
Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by bukola: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2018
AryaSand:
My Lola Shoneyin, the author of fantastic book 'The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's wives'

Saved the dates already, so excited and can't wait.

See you there then.
Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by Mizwisdom(f): 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
Is there gate fee?
Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by gaby(m): 6:19pm On Oct 10, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
If you want to keep a secret from a Nigerian, write it in a book. See how dry this thread is sad

You ain't wrong o.
I witnessed something yesterday and I'm yet to get over it.

I decided to tell my story in the form of a book as a sensitization tool on the menace called Irregular Migration which is in my siggy.

I'd gone to an office to drop a copy of this book to find a way to create awareness to this menace.

While on my way out of the first office I stepped into, I noticed a sign that read " Department of youths development and empowerment". I was like "bingo", this office would make a good place to get my book and story going.

When I stepped into the office, I met three women looking like traders with their heads resting on their desks in an apparent siesta mode in a government office.

So, I proceeded to ask if they indeed worked there to which they answered in the affirmative. I introduced myself and told them what I was on about, they were looking at me clueless.

I got frustrated and was about exiting the office when an elderly man walked in and they pointed him to me as an assistant director. So I went up to him introduced myself and handed him my book.

Oga looked at the book and was like " what is it about?" I explained to him and his response was:

Abeg go look for Benin people to give your book because na dem dey send their children go abroad.

Whether na cry I go cry o Abi na laugh oo, I no even understand.

I just tire waka comot.

4 Likes

Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by rxmusa(m): 6:23pm On Oct 10, 2018
Wow! I will have love to attend but my problem will be accommodation since I've never been to Lagos
Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by Rednose: 6:24pm On Oct 10, 2018
Registration for this event seems to be N10,000. Google: Ake Arts & Books Festival.
Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by AdorableJosh(m): 8:02pm On Oct 10, 2018
There's a certain lack of je ne sais quoi about the change of location, I'm sure it'll be a great experience nonetheless.
Re: It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! by Mopricelezz(f): 8:11am On Oct 11, 2018
Wow! Wish I could attend

(1) (2) (Reply)

Interested In Moderating This Section? / Farafina is Now Open For Submission / Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.