Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,904 members, 7,810,481 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Ubuntu Linux - Computers (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Linux (463560 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ubuntu Linux by plero(m): 11:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hey everyone,
I just published a new video on how Kubernetes actually works with a simple animated explanation. If you've been wondering how it works, you have come to the right place! I gave complete overview of this interesting tool in about 15 minutes.

Here is the link to the video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSue4CdEafg
I did love to read your comments and feedback.  I am open for suggestions and collaboration. 
Do have a great weekend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by AshipaEk0: 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2023
taylormed2:
Hello house, been having issues accessing sites when using mtn router on my ubuntu 23.04
I've noticed this issue affects my colleagues who use linux and an mtn router/mifi.
Any suggestions?

PS: I am able to access the site if I try using brave's tor vpn.

did you try running network tests to see where it was failing?

like traceroute?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by amdryzenitelcor: 10:48am On Oct 24, 2023
oh dear Ubuntu, and finally the other day I decided to test Manjaro Linux - a very interesting system.
I posted the test results on my blog: https://hddv.ru/blog
Re: Ubuntu Linux by amdryzenitelcor: 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2023
Joseph, tell me its performance in games is very different from ASUS ROG STRIX G17? I looked at a comparison of similar beeches here: [url]https://hddv.ru/ [/url]and didn’t decide what to choose
Re: Ubuntu Linux by AshipaEk0: 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2023
smh.

omo ase, na here you feel say you go see people filter?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by upsupa(m): 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2023
plero:
Hey everyone,
I just published a new video on how Kubernetes actually works with a simple animated explanation. If you've been wondering how it works, you have come to the right place! I gave complete overview of this interesting tool in about 15 minutes.

I did love to read your comments and feedback.  I am open for suggestions and collaboration. 
Do have a great weekend.

Do you know of any good training provider in Lagos to learn DevOps from scratch? I want to train a non technical relation of mine and would prefer physical training to virtual
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Deepmiind: 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2023
While resting, you can still choose to send that DM which has been longing in your mind. You may as well want to chill and have a good Netflix time.

Well… I'm here to help.

Send a message for your international texting number and Netflix login
Call/WhatsApp: 9 1 5 3 4 1 1 6 2 5
Re: Ubuntu Linux by preciouswoman66(m): 5:16am On Dec 06, 2023
Have anyone try using Windows USB modem with Wine in Linux?

You mind sharing your experience and how you did it? smiley
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Deicide: 1:59pm On Dec 06, 2023
preciouswoman66:

i dont even understand the question
Re: Ubuntu Linux by AshipaEk0: 11:39am On Dec 11, 2023
preciouswoman66:

You have a USB (Internet) modem that you wish to use with Linux?

3G or 4G type of USB modems like in the attached picture?

If thats the case, its use has nothing to do with Windows or Wine.

They work natively

let us know the type of modem, brand and model number

Re: Ubuntu Linux by Deepmiind: 1:23pm On Dec 12, 2023
I sell accessories and you can come visit us at our store in Computer Village
Message or call : 9 1 5 3 4 1 1 6 2 5

Re: Ubuntu Linux by preciouswoman66(m): 12:33am On Dec 17, 2023
AshipaEk0:

You have a USB (Internet) modem that you wish to use with Linux?

3G or 4G type of USB modems like in the attached picture?

If thats the case, its use has nothing to do with Windows or Wine.

They work natively

let us know the type of modem, brand and model number

It's chupez usb 3G modem. Nairaland is difficult to upload photo
I want to use it on my linux pc(ubuntu)

while using it with windows pc, it installed a .exe file to commicate with the modem. Kind of like admin portal to monitor speed, see messages, etc. What i planned to do was get the .exe and ran it as a software on linux through wine to commicate with the chupez modem.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by AshipaEk0: 11:43am On Dec 18, 2023
preciouswoman66:

It's chupez usb 3G modem. Nairaland is difficult to upload photo
I want to use it on my linux pc(ubuntu)

while using it with windows pc, it installed a .exe file to commicate with the modem. Kind of like admin portal to monitor speed, see messages, etc. What i planned to do was get the .exe and ran it as a software on linux through wine to commicate with the chupez modem.

Alright.

On Linux/Ubuntu you do not need a dedicated app to use a supported USB modem.

The network manager will handle that with no issue.

So what you will do is plug in your modem, open up a terminal and type

lsusb

it should give you an output of all usb devices recognized by the computer, including your modem

at the top right hand corner of your desktop where you see small icons such as your speaker, wifi etc, you can access your Network Manager there, or go into Settings, Network. You should see the modem there ready to setup

All you have to do is set the Access Point and connect.

If you have any issues with the above, or your modem is not automatically recognized, post the output of that lsusb command so we can see what type of modem radio it has.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Chukdobz20: 2:54am On Jan 11
plero:
Hey everyone,

Do have a great weekend.

Hi @plero

The video tutorial is awesome with clear explanation and the info graphics aided the easy understanding. I am looking for mentorship from you. I have 4 years in systems and network monitoring. I'm looking to transition into Devops and cloud computing.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by kingzjay(m): 11:41am On Apr 14
I want to sell my HP Laptop as scrap. It's Working except that the hard disc was taken out to replace in another system I'm currently using.

Re: Ubuntu Linux by Deicide: 2:31pm On Apr 14
Give Aboki and use it to collect Bucket grin
kingzjay:
I want to sell my HP Laptop as scrap. It's Working except that the hard disc was taken out to replace in another system I'm currently using.

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (Reply)

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.