Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Using Wamp On Windows8 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Using Wamp On Windows8 (1000 Views)

How To Successfully Upgrade Mysql Of Wamp Server / Wamp Installation Error. / Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Using Wamp On Windows8 by ponana(m): 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2013
Has anybody tried installing Wamp server on windows8? Apache seem not to be starting. Any inputs would be appreciated.
Re: Using Wamp On Windows8 by ponana(m): 7:24am On Jan 14, 2013
I already fixed it. It seems its not a problem with windows8 afterall. I found out that a couple of programs conflict with Wamp server cause they make use of port 80 as well. In my case, it happened to be skype. The options available to make use of wamp server in this scenerio is either to quit your skype when ever you want to make use of wamp server or you change the port for your skype. This can be done from the login interface of the skype application. You click the file menu and you see options, on there you see a Check box saying something about using port 80 for alternative for connection. Uncheck it and you are good to go.
Re: Using Wamp On Windows8 by omni1: 10:18am On Jan 14, 2013
It's not Windows 8 specific. @Ponana just got the exact thing. Skype uses that Port: 80 and WAMP listens to same port too. That causes the issue of WAMP being offline. Note well that other applications could listen to same port. If you experience same problem after doing that of Skype, just change your Apache port to say 8080 or any Port that hasn't been used by any other installed application.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Publish A Blog Unto My Cpanel? / Smartweb Hosting Company / Steps To Get More Nigerian Followers On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.