Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,949 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:12 AM

Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network (67330 Views)

How To Successfully Upgrade Mysql Of Wamp Server / Wamp Server Ebook Ft Install Wamp, Write Php / Mysql / Mysql Console / Wamp Installation Error. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network by tundewoods(m): 11:46pm On Apr 12, 2008
About a month ago i decided to set up a wireless area network in my office using a netgear wireless router basically to share my broadband internet access and some minor file sharing.

However i also would love to have my WAMP server to run from a paricular system which is the server work station and be able to access it on other machines via my wireless network.I have done the basic stuff like creating a work group and assigning ip addresses like 192.168.1.1 and so on.

However i notice that the HTTPS Config file in the apache of WAMP need to be configured to map the ip address of the particular work station as well the rights of the mysql database needs to granted to enable changes from other systems.

Where i am kinda confused is the area of the ip address that will be used to access the local host across the network.On the local system i guess one can use http://127.0.0.1/ to access local host but in the case of a network whats the mapping parameters ?

Really appreciate help on steps to guide me through just in case you have configured the latest WAMP 2.0 server across a network to enable other systems or machines to be able run websites locally on the network or intranet
Re: Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network by uspry1(f): 1:02am On Apr 13, 2008
If you develop multiple websites from hosting server, all you need is to add a virtual host to httpd.conf and let windows HOSTS file know about it. It is found at Apache httpd.conf somewhere. The code like this:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName yourdomain
DocumentRoot /home/yourdomain/public_html/
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/yourdomain/public_html/cgi-bin/
</VirtualHost>

Google to find more info about Virtual host configuration on Apache server.

So I believe that your WAMP control manager has its own built-in Virtual Host configuration the day you were first time installed them on your computer or laptop. I did that which it prompted asking me what my virtual host is, nice manager configuration. Be sure that your WAMP version updated.
Re: Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network by tundewoods(m): 12:16pm On Apr 13, 2008
@ uspry1

Thanks for the info regarding virtual host set up.I have actually attached a copy of my httpd.config file.can you kindly download it and see if you can locate where i need to modify.

Re: Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network by uspry1(f): 4:44pm On Apr 13, 2008
tundewoods:

@ uspry1

Thanks for the info regarding virtual host set up.I have actually attached a copy of my httpd.config file.can you kindly download it and see if you can locate where i need to modify.

@tundewoods

You're welcome. No need for me to download your copied httpd.config, because i am very familiar finding where you need to modify the easy way as follow below:

1.) Open your Apache httpd.config

2.) Search for Virtual Host section, using text editor toolbar menu, "EDIT" to select "FIND", then it will prompts you a FIND dialog box entering the blank"FIND WHAT" field box the exact wording>>>: "Section 3: Virtual Hosts" without a quote.

3.) It will search pointing the highlight text of "Section 3: Virtual Hosts", then scroll down reading the following configuration instruction and Virtual host example VERY CAREFUL.

4.) Create your own multiple virtual host placing in the between of the end of the Virtual host example and "INCLUDE" tag. Your example multiple virtual hosts like this below: [please check your Apache2 documentation if you are doubt]

Create the file-first domain:

#
# Example.com (/etc/apache2/sites-available/www.example.com)
#
<VirtualHost *>
ServerAdmin webmaster@example.com
ServerName www.example.com
ServerAlias example.com

# Indexes + Directory Root.
DirectoryIndex index.html
DocumentRoot /home/www/www.example.com/htdocs/

# CGI Directory
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/www/www.example.com/cgi-bin/
<Location /cgi-bin>
Options +ExecCGI
</Location>

# Logfiles
ErrorLog /home/www/www.example.com/logs/error.log
CustomLog /home/www/www.example.com/logs/access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

Next create the file-second domain:

#
# Example.net (/etc/apache2/sites-available/www.example.net)
#
<VirtualHost *>
ServerAdmin webmaster@example.net
ServerName www.example.net
ServerAlias example.net

DocumentRoot /home/www/www.example.net/htdocs/

# CGI Directory
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/www/www.example.net/cgi-bin/
<Location /cgi-bin>
Options +ExecCGI
</Location>

# Logfiles
ErrorLog /home/www/www.example.net/logs/error.log
CustomLog /home/www/www.example.net/logs/access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

Finally create the file - third domain:

#
# Example.org (/etc/apache2/sites-available/www.example.org)
#
<VirtualHost *>
ServerAdmin webmaster@example.org
ServerName www.example.org
ServerAlias example.org

DocumentRoot /home/www/www.example.org/htdocs/

# CGI Directory
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/www/www.example.org/cgi-bin/
<Location /cgi-bin>
Options +ExecCGI
</Location>

# Logfiles
ErrorLog /home/www/www.example.org/logs/error.log
CustomLog /home/www/www.example.org/logs/access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

5.) That's it! Save your Apache httpd.config, then go back to Apache start/stop manager to restart the Apache server in order to refresh the new configuration updating.

6.)If you plan to terminate the domain and open your Apache httpd.config, use EDIT/FIND menu to type the name of domain you want to delete. It will prompt the right place (highlight text) and delete that domain name virtual host. Repeat on number 5 above.

NOTICE: ServerAdmin clause, you don't have to use "webmaster@yourdomain.com", it also can be "yourusername@yourdomain.com", that is fine with me! I hope you did set up your domain email forward or account to your yahoo mail or outlook express if you are too busy to access secured domain webmail checking incoming messages.

I hope it helps! Good day Tundewoods!
Re: Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network by cmon(m): 2:31pm On Apr 16, 2008
@ uspry1
Are you really a female? If yes, then I'm impressed. Most ladies usually look at IT as a man's world. I guess the world is rapidly changing.

Looks like you know so much about these Networking stuffs. I'm just a website developer (well you can say a new one grin). When I get web projects, I usually do the hosting on external servers. Now a client wants to run a database on his system (Connected to the internet) and be able to synchronize the database on his local server (computer system) with the one on his website. How do I accomplish that?

Here's my point:

I'm of fan of the popular XAMPP software. Even if I install the XAMPP on his local system, how do I get to synchronize the database system (MySQL) with that of his website or how do I get the website to use the database on his local system using PHP, enabling real-time contents of the database to reflect on the website?
Re: Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network by uspry1(f): 11:14am On Apr 17, 2008
@cmon

Yes I am really FEMALE to look at IT since my first personal computer started about 20 years ago as technology changed dramatically. Also I am DEAF too!!!

Read my posting on the topic, "DO YOU LOVE COMPUTER" at below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-120021.0.html#msg2059776

Let's me answer your questions next page.
Re: Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network by uspry1(f): 11:57am On Apr 17, 2008
There are three ways you can do MySQL remote/local synchronization for your client working on your web project at below:

1.) You could use MySQL replication, with your laptop as a replication client. Each time you connect your laptop will pull all changes to your tables since the last time you connected.

The replication is about zero writes on the slave. It is used where you expect a slave to do nothing. Of course, you can use replication to get the source data into one database on your local server, then copy the data to a working schema using INSERT , SELECT queries and only make changes on the working schema.

2.) Under the website development contract where it is shown the agreeing with you and your client to furnish client's hosting server login system (username/password) to access the client's remote MySQL server, you can copy the data from your local server to remoted working schema using INSERT, SELECT queries and modify the working schema.

3.) You register the web-based remote access such as "GoToMyPC" (link: https://www.gotomypc.com/) or set up using Windows XP/Vista's "Remote Assistance" with Windows Live Messenger (formerly MSN Messenger) that allowing you to access remoted client's computer system to open client's local server to replicate source data into client's MySQL using INSERT, SELECT queries and modifying the working schema. Be sure you and your client must have Windows Live Messenger login on. Google how to use Windows' Remote Assistance or check with your Windows XP/Vista Help and Support.

It is usually for remote web developer for foreigner/remote client in the distance without driving or meeting in person.

** If you are LINUX OS, then I am bit rusty to answer MySQL remote/local synchronization with LINUX. . .it would be different LINUX syntax. I used to be familiarized with LINUX debian-based OS in the past. **
Re: Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network by uspry1(f): 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2008
The most of time I deal with my clients working on MySQL database, I do replicate all my source data from my local server (not client's local server) to be copied into my client's remote MySQL server with client's hosting server username/password access according to my/client's website development agreement/contract.

Of course I code INSERT, SELECT on MySQL queries to modify the working schema in quality of database functionally the exactly the same as my local server.

I have no problem with that!

I used to have "GOTOMYPC" remote access to client's computer system in the distance only for COMPUTER REPAIR such as Virus attack, software upgrades, etc. as well as pick up document/pictures/external files need for my design project ONLY WITH CLIENT'S PERMISSION. Because my client is CLUELESS about computer, do not know nothing about it!

I terminated "GOTOMYPC", because it cost money per month!!!
Re: Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network by gbolio4(m): 12:48am On Apr 25, 2008
uspry1:

@cmon

Also I am DEAF too!!!

Must you always stress that point?
Re: Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network by ircguru: 7:00am On Nov 07, 2009
I upright start identical right mailing index archives into unix http://maillistarchives.com can you lend me any other, i constraint some established mailing lean over archivs and usenet archives after unix and/or linux
Re: Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network by maericacomictnb: 6:16am On Nov 17, 2014
To Predict Win Match And Steps to Making Money from 1960BET in Nigeria. A must read!

Yeah! 1960BET.

Before you take any move further, i will advice you register or Log In through this Link here as 1960bet account by clicking here.https://www.1960bet.ng/Odds/registration/affiliate40498

You hear me right. A lot of things are involved in really making it big on 1960bet and other betting sites. One of such is registering a FRESH account if you already have one before so that you can start afresh. Therefore, Kindly click here => https://www.1960bet.ng/Odds/registration/affiliate40498 to get started. Ensure you register instantly. Very important.Ever heard of 1960bet before? Well, if you’ve never heard about it before, i will urge you to
go straight off to and register and take a look at it and possibly register an account in there. But before you do so, be sure to get my SUPERB GUIDE on how to earn an average of #100,000 monthly via 1960bet by clicking here

A lot of folks out there are football lovers and have one team or the other. Like myself now,
my team is ARSENAL but i also love Barcelona. I know yours will be either Chelsea, Man utd, Liverpool, Man city, Real Madrid etc but, that’s not the point.

As a football lover, do you know that you can make money from football matches. Take for example, when arsenal won Swansea yesterday and Man utd won their match against reading, you wouldn’t believe i made extra #48,000 over the weekend.

How did i achieve this? I was so sure that Arsenal would win and they eventually did. I was sure that Man utd would win as well and they did win. I had placed bets on these 2 teams to win and when they did, i made my cool cash.

Well, the platform trough which the bets are placed is 1960BET. As from next week, i shall begin some series on how to earn from football betting. I use the money earned from this means for my weekly expenses and never have to touch my other incomes.

Right now, i want you to follow the link below to open a fresh 1960bet account. Use your normal details. Register with this link and get your account active.

Once you have register a new account following the link i gave you above, it’s now time for you to fund your 1960bet account. I mean, adding some money into your account which you shall be using to place bets on football matches.

Let me tell you something here, where i mentioned that i made #48,000 from betting
on Arsenal to win and Man utd to win. Let me be frank with you. I spent #30,000 to place bet on the matches at an odd over 2 and i was able to make a profit of #48,000. If i ad used #3,000 to place a bet on the same match, i would have won just #4,800.

So, the more money you fund into your 1960bet account, the more your potential of earning from 1960bet. I will advice that the least you should fund should be #1000. And can have as much as #100,000 and above.

To fund the account, you will see the option of ATM payment on the website when you are logged in. JUST click on deposit. Alternatively, you can fund through agents. You will see lists of their agents.

When you see the list, you will see their phone number and their location, never bother about location but if anyone is closer to you, fine. You can walk into his office and pay him
the exact amount you want to fund to your 1960bet account and give him your USERNAME on 1960bet and the money will be funded to your 1960bet account.

If the agent is far away from you, you can ring his number and he will give you his account number to pay into. You will give him your username after payment and he will fund your account. Never bother about transacting with any of the agents. They have all been verified and known personally by 1960bet boss. They can never toil with your money or dupe you. The worst is they might not fund you on time. In this case, you have to disturb them on phone.

LET me stop here for today. I will advice you go straight away to get my comprehensive guide on how to start earning an average of #100,000 monthly from 1960bet.

If you have any challenges please contact us at 08080021916 or support@1960bet.ng
Re: Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network by iykyvic(m): 3:54am On Nov 19, 2014
I use wamp developer pro, makes things quite easy. if you intend other computer to see your offline app via a specific url, you need to manually edit your OS hosts file and add the name resolution or configure virtual hosts on your router. that way http://topserve.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

List Of Popular Nigerian Blog Sites / This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day / Google’s Top Searches Of 2019 In Nigeria: ASUU Strike, Naira Marley, Xenophobia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.