Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Think Before You Drink, Before You Drive And Before You Facebook! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Think Before You Drink, Before You Drive And Before You Facebook! (470 Views)

Newly Arrived 16gb Flash Drive And Original Dual USB For Blackberry & Iphones / Moved Folders From C: Drive To D: Drive And The Applications Stoped Working / Help Me To Uninstall O.s On My Flash Drive. And Unpartioned It For Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Think Before You Drink, Before You Drive And Before You Facebook! by olempe(m): 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
Jacob Cox-Brown of
Astoria, Oregon, who was making his way around town at approximately 1am
on New Year’s Day when his car crashed into another vehicle causing significant
damage to its taillight, bumper and further damage to another car parked in
front.

18-year-old Cox-Brown was clearly in a rush to get home,
as he didn’t stop his car – but went home to post the following message on Facebook instead: "whoever's
vehicle I hit I am sorry.

1:00am on New Year’s Day, and Jacob Cox-Brown may already have made the dumbest Facebook post of the year. That must surely be
some kind of record?

Fortunately, Cox-Brown’s posting was seen by some of his Facebook friends who
were clearly alarmed by his reckless behaviour, and passed the information on
to officers at the Astoria police department.

The police visited Cox-
Brown’s address later in the day, and claim that they were able to match his car to
evidence found at the scene of the crash.

Cox-Brown was arrested and has been charged with two
counts of “Failing to Perform the Duties of a Driver” according to a press release issued by Astoria police
department.

Of course, a Facebook post alone may not be enough evidence to prove that Cox-
Brown was driving under the influence of alcohol, or that his vehicle was involved
in a hit-and-run accident.. but it certainly appears to
have given police a valuable clue as to where to focus
their investigation.

If you’re going to drink and drive, it’s probably a good idea not to post details about it on Facebook.

But then, it probably is a good thing if
you do expose your
dangerous behaviour in this way to the authorities.

So, if you’re in the habit of breaking the law – please turn off all of the privacy on
your Facebook account and tell the world about your
activities. It would sure make the police’s job a bit easier.

Source: http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2013/01/04/drink-drive-facebook/

(1) (Reply)

Help And Support Pop Up / Mini Laptop Without Wi-fi / How Can I Synchronize My Ipad On More Than One Computer..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.