Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,975 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Help Me To Uninstall O.s On My Flash Drive. And Unpartioned It For Me. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Me To Uninstall O.s On My Flash Drive. And Unpartioned It For Me. (1590 Views)

Newly Arrived 16gb Flash Drive And Original Dual USB For Blackberry & Iphones / How Do I Uninstall Avast Antivirus? Its Proving Difficult. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me To Uninstall O.s On My Flash Drive. And Unpartioned It For Me. by scantee(m): 11:35am On Sep 26, 2009
please my Huys in the house.

i went to my friends house to help him format his laptop, and slot in my flash to back up his files, after which i have finished the backing up the files i forgot to remove the flash in the system and proceed with my formating.

when i get to stage of choosing the drive to format i choosed my flash drive and as well even partioned it.

as i want to proceed it shows me an error message that the drive selected is low to install the oprating system (O.S) that was when i find out that i am using my flash drive.

since that day when ever i plug in my flash drive in any system it will detect it, but if i want to open it, it will show an error that the drive is not formated did i want to format it now i will click yes, the formating dialog box will appear but it could not verify the capacity of the flash drive, i t will shown me unknown capacity in the capacity option.
i will mark quick format to proceed the formating, it will tell me that windows was unable to format the drive.

finally i decided to use ms dos to format it, all at no avail, it will rather show me this message below. i dont know how to use the file system switch to format a drive.

C:\>format f:
Insert new disk for drive F:
and press ENTER when ready,
The type of the file system is RAW.
Please use the /FS switch to specify the file system
you wish to use on this volume.

C:\>

please mguys help me out, i so much cherish that my flash drive. it more than original flash drive. is LG 2gb black flip up.

thanks

Re: Help Me To Uninstall O.s On My Flash Drive. And Unpartioned It For Me. by scantee(m): 11:39am On Sep 26, 2009
thanks for your help.
i always trust N'landers they have always been at my help any time, and i believe they will stiil do as they normaly do.

thanks more
Re: Help Me To Uninstall O.s On My Flash Drive. And Unpartioned It For Me. by soki2ng(m): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2009
Your are lucky. Your own na flash drive.
My colleage also inserted a 960 GIGABYTE EXTERNAL HARD DISK DRIVE while formating his system.
He used the normal 40 Gig for the OS, but He forgot to remove the External HDD.
i'm sorry to inform u, but that was the end of the external hard disk 960 GIG just go like that,

We did not give up sha, We carry screw driver Scatter the thing open, we extracted the Cirlular disk inside it and put in another hard disk. It worked, so now he is using 960 HDD in his system instead of 40 gig, and no more External
Re: Help Me To Uninstall O.s On My Flash Drive. And Unpartioned It For Me. by scantee(m): 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2009
soki2ng:

Your are lucky. Your own na flash drive.
My colleage also inserted a 960 GIGABYTE EXTERNAL HARD DISK DRIVE while formating his system.
He used the normal 40 Gig for the OS, but He forgot to remove the External HDD.
i'm sorry to inform u, but that was the end of the external hard disk 960 GIG just go like that,

We did not give up sha, We carry screw driver Scatter the thing open, we extracted the Cirlular disk inside it and put in another hard disk. It worked, so now he is using 960 HDD in his system instead of 40 gig, and no more External

hey my guy,
i am tired of the whole thing, any way sha nothing happen

thanks

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Help Me Access The "Temp" Folder Of My Laptop / GPU For 3d Rendering / Clean Neat HP Core I5 12gig 1 Terabyte Touch Screen With Keyboard Light For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.