Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers (662 Views)

Kenyan Muslims Shield And Protect Christians In Mandera Bus Attack / Funny Questions Nigerian Christians Ask Atheists.. / An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 05, 2013
Many of us are not true worshipers of GOD , we are followers of MEN.

The average Nigerian Christian has suspended his BRAIN and hence ability to reason, think independently , listen to GOD directly and walk closely with JESUS.

We have become junkies, feeding on the fast foods of our idols in the pulpit, MEN who are so elevated to god-like status , that even the words that come out of their mouths are held in a higher esteem than the very WORD of GOD.

What these MEN say is backed by their status, aura and position of authority. Their church doctrines are LAW and to challenge it is to challenge the very foundations of the CHURCH and even GOD. If they bark , like obedient dogs the Nigerian Christian obeys, never able to form opinions based on TRUTH , reason and logic.

These so called great Men of GOD , control the way the Nigerian Christian thinks, eats, dresses, spend their money, relate with to GOD , go on holidays , form associations , conduct their family business and even how they interact with their spouses.

There is an article on front page that has so irked me, I just had to write this article . Just watch those deceived sheeple falling all over themselves to promote their great MAN of GOD and why he should be adored, worshiped and followed.

If you begin to wonder why there is so much deception and madness in the physical church today , look no further than to the unhealthy relationship between these sheeple and their idols.

On a positive note, we still have many humble , focused, God fearing and lovely teachers and pastors out there, you will never hear of them , because , just like JESUS and his apostles, they have shunned fame and status to go about their fathers work. Indeed they are in the minority and are leading the little flock of GOD into more holiness and preparedness for the second coming of JESUS.

Tell me , are you a member of the little flock or the mega church of MAN ?
Re: Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 05, 2013
So little flock shows obedience to the word of God, and mega churches are for the gullible and hungry....

Na crase dey worry you...

If na so easy to deceive people, go build church na...

Little flock ni, small goat ko..
Re: Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 05, 2013
musKeeto: So little flock shows obedience to the word of God, and mega churches are for the gullible and hungry....

Na crase dey worry you...

If na so easy to deceive people, go build church na...

Little flock ni, small goat ko..

I apologize if the term 'little flock' confused you , it actually depicts the true followers of JESUS who worship GOD in Spirit and Truth.

Besides I do not need to form a church , I am part of the church , the real church .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 05, 2013
frosbel:

I apologize if the term 'little flock' confused you , it actually depicts the true followers of JESUS who worship GOD in Spirit and Truth.

Besides I do not need to form a church , I am part of the church , the real church .
And this real church doesn't believe in the trinity? Doesn't believe in tithes? Doesn't believe Jesus is God?

Yeah, as real as Real MADrid..
Re: Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by An0nimus: 12:28am On Jan 05, 2013
By God's grace I'm also a part of the real Church.
Re: Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 05, 2013
musKeeto:
And this real church doesn't believe in the trinity? Doesn't believe in tithes? Doesn't believe Jesus is God?

Belief in the Trinity is not a condition for membership of this CHURCH, if you believe that JESUS Christ the Messiah has come in the flesh and resurrected from the dead , for our deliverance from SIN and ETERNAL DOOM , if you follow this up with repentance from your sins, you are a member of this CHURCH.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by Bella3(f): 12:29am On Jan 05, 2013
musKeeto:

Re: Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 05, 2013
frosbel:

Belief in the Trinity is not a condition for membership of this CHURCH, if you believe that JESUS Christ the Messiah has come in the flesh and resurrected from the dead , for our deliverance from SIN and ETERNAL DOOM , if you follow this up with repentance from your sins, you are a member of this CHURCH.

And isn't that exactly what the 'megachurches' preach? Or do you know of any 'megachurch' that preaches otherwise?
Re: Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 05, 2013
musKeeto:
And isn't that exactly what the 'megachurches' preach? Or do you know of any 'megachurch' that preaches otherwise?

Not many of them do, and for those that do, they also add to the word of GOD many strange doctrines such as the TITHE, eternal blazing fire for the majority of mankind and other quite shocking creeds and religious tenets which cannot endure the scrutiny of scripture.
Re: Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 05, 2013
Lol, I would like you to share by what methods you scrutinize Scripture.

Were they the same methods that led you to open a thread claiming Jesus is God early last year only to reverse your position like Goodluck Jonathan later in the year?

How do you scrutinize Scripture? How do you know that what you believe in NOW is and WILL REMAIN your final stance?
Re: Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by Nobody: 12:43am On Jan 05, 2013
[quote author=musKeeto]Lol, I would like you to share by what methods you scrutinize Scripture.

1. Uhmm, read it for example, and accept what it says at face value, rather then reading it through the lenses of religious institutions.

2. Comparing scripture with scripture from the OLD testament to the New testament to ensure harmony of purpose and intent .

3. Never treating verses in isolation and going away to form volumes of theological garbage.

4. Using a concordance, Lexicon and other technical tools to understand the original languages , and what they actually mean, check for the meaning of certain key words based on cultural settings, researching topic by topic with hundreds of scriptures for evidence etc etc.

5. Esteeming God's interpretation through his Spirit as more worthy than the traditional ' set in stone ' doctrines.

6. Asking GOD for plenty of wisdom for discernment.

In short, be a good student and work hard, stop relying on others to pass your exams for you , as some of us are apt to do grin

Were they the same methods that led you to open a thread claiming Jesus is God early last year only to reverse your position like Goodluck Jonathan later in the year?

I have matured into a more serious bible student in recent times.

How do you scrutinize Scripture? How do you know that what you believe in NOW is and WILL REMAIN your final stance?

Because I am a Berean !

I check the facts first and then believe the doctrine
Re: Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 05, 2013
1 - accept at face value..

You accept all the stories in the Bible at face value? You don't think some may be 'allegories'?
Re: Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 05, 2013
musKeeto: 1 - accept at face value..

You accept all the stories in the Bible at face value? You don't think some may be 'allegories'?

allegories many of them are !

What I mean by face value, is not for instance believing that we shall shortly be witnesses to the appearance of locusts with female hair and teeth of Lions grin ( Revelation 9:8) , I actually mean the immediate and instinctive comprehension of a verse or chapter of scripture , based on experience by the exercise of study , and harmonious alignment with the rest of scripture.
Re: Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by tobechi20(m): 8:50am On Jan 05, 2013
Frosbel,are u folowing God, men or urself?
Re: Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 05, 2013
2. Comparing old testament to new testament.

Do you believe the Yahweh of the OT is the same of the NT? Did he really hate Israel's enemies that much that he could sanction their destruction?
Re: Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:04am On Jan 05, 2013
all xtians are man-worshippers/
Re: Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
tobechi20: Frosbel,are u folowing God, men or urself?

trying my best to following GOD and getting better at it !

If I followed myself, I will be on the other side of the fence grin
Re: Nigerian Christians in the Majority are MEN Followers by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
musKeeto: 2. Comparing old testament to new testament.

Do you believe the Yahweh of the OT is the same of the NT? Did he really hate Israel's enemies that much that he could sanction their destruction?

Of course I DO.

God hated the practices of these evil nations , such as :

1. Child sacrifice
2. Temple prostitution
3. Debauchery
4. Worshiping of other idols etc
5. Putting their children through the fire.

Just a few to mention.

(1) (Reply)

Why Jesus Christ And NOT Jesus Joseph & A Thousand Questions / St Expedite / How Can You Know That You Are Following The Right Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.