Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

The Pentecostal Movement And Speaking In Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Pentecostal Movement And Speaking In Tongues (808 Views)

Ten(10) Ways The Pentecostal Movement Went Wrong / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pentecostal Movement And Speaking In Tongues by therationa(m): 11:43am On Feb 24, 2008
Re: The Pentecostal Movement And Speaking In Tongues by Horus(m): 8:58pm On Feb 24, 2008
Pentecostalists claim that when the Holy Spirit comes to you, you speaking in tongues, or Glossolalia. Glossolalia comes from the Greek word Glossa and it literally means, "tongue." They claim the "lord" is passing a message through them and that one may be blessed with the divine gift of speaking in tongues (languages). Yet, Pentecostalists don't speak in other tongues. Instead, they fall out on the floor and start babbling and muttering, while moaning and talking undecipherable mumbo-jumbo.
Re: The Pentecostal Movement And Speaking In Tongues by mmonwuba(m): 12:06am On Feb 25, 2008
when the Holy Spirit came upon the apostles in the upper room, they spoke in new tongues, this was the evidence of the spirit coming upon them. True it is that this issue of speaking in tongues is abused by some penticostalist, but that does not rule out the fact that it exists.
Re: The Pentecostal Movement And Speaking In Tongues by oloriooko(m): 10:09am On Feb 25, 2008
What you do not understand or cannot understand, please stay away from it for your own safety

This serves as a warning to someone trying to comprehend spiritual truths with a depraved mind

Stick to your scientific beliefs cos some people have made themselves combustible materials.
Re: The Pentecostal Movement And Speaking In Tongues by oluomok(m): 4:29pm On Feb 25, 2008
Speaking in tongues is a wepon penticostal use in church

It is true there are real and fake tongue, let me tell u, at evey real thing their must be a fake, and fot the fact that their fake cloths in the the market does not stop me from buying cloth all i need to do is to shine my eyes.

Speaking in tongue is a language of heaven, i tell you when ever xtain in real prayer battles heaven will aiways want to pass message and in these,
Another thing is that if i pray in tongues supplications are made and since nobody can understand me , i'm assesing into the kingdom of grace.

mores so if i pray in tongue just for few min. i belive i've covered yrs of prayers and heaven in compling to my case.
Re: The Pentecostal Movement And Speaking In Tongues by oluomok(m): 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2008
Speaking in tongues is a wepon penticostal use in church

It is true there are real and fake tongue, let me tell u, at evey real thing their must be a fake, and fot the fact that their fake cloths in the the market does not stop me from buying cloth all i need to do is to shine my eyes.

Speaking in tongue is a language of heaven, i tell you when ever xtain in real prayer battles heaven will aiways want to pass message and in these,
Another thing is that if i pray in tongues supplications are made and since nobody can understand me , i'm assesing into the kingdom of grace.

mores so if i pray in tongue just for few min. i belive i've covered yrs of prayers and heaven in compling to my case.
Re: The Pentecostal Movement And Speaking In Tongues by JeSoul(f): 7:21pm On Feb 25, 2008
oloriooko:

This serves as a warning to someone trying to comprehend spiritual truths with a depraved mind

Words of wisdom! and if only all the atheists masquerading around the religion forum would understand this one simple fact!
Re: The Pentecostal Movement And Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 25, 2008
@Jesoul. agree, realy!
Re: The Pentecostal Movement And Speaking In Tongues by therationa(m): 9:32pm On Feb 25, 2008
olrotimi:

@Jesoul. agree, realy!

JeSoul:

Words of wisdom! and if only all the atheists masquerading around the religion forum would understand this one simple fact!

I started a thread asking for the definition of Spirituality but none has been forthcoming. So what is a spiritual truth? And can you give some examples?

(1) (Reply)

Is Nostradamus Popularly Known As "the Man Who Saw Tomorrow' Truly A Prophet ? / Pastoral School / Noisy Churches And Mosque In My Area: Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.