Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Can Bill Gate Be The Owner And CEO Of Microsoft? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Bill Gate Be The Owner And CEO Of Microsoft? (600 Views)

If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company / The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 / See Billionaire Bill Gate's House.. It Is Worth $147.5 Million Dollars! (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Bill Gate Be The Owner And CEO Of Microsoft? by zangiff(m): 9:56pm On Jan 06, 2013
well, I'm searching about Bill Gates & Finds he is the CEO of Microsoft, I'm confused can CEO means the owner of Microsoft If he is not a owner & just a Employee how can he is world richest person for 50 years Wanna know more about him have a nice day.
Re: Can Bill Gate Be The Owner And CEO Of Microsoft? by arbitrage: 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2013
go to forbes or google to get what you need.
Re: Can Bill Gate Be The Owner And CEO Of Microsoft? by Abbey2sam(m): 11:01pm On Jan 06, 2013
[quote author=zangiff]well, I'm searching about Bill Gates & Finds he is the CEO of Microsoft, I'm confused can CEO means the owner of Microsoft If he is not a owner & just a Employee how can he is world richest person for 50 years Wanna know more about him have a nice day.[/quote

Your use of vocabulary is something else but never mind.

Do you know the meaning of CEO? No I guess
It means chief Executive officer,
it's not a must for him to be the chiarman,becuz he must have sold shares
Re: Can Bill Gate Be The Owner And CEO Of Microsoft? by zangiff(m): 8:41am On Jan 07, 2013
thanks
Re: Can Bill Gate Be The Owner And CEO Of Microsoft? by jeak123(m): 6:09pm On Jan 10, 2013
@ Op, u should know dat someone can be a CEO and still be the owner of the company. An owner of a company call sell part of d shares of a company ie dilute shares in a company for a no of reasons.
He may sell shares to make d company a PLC. But he can still retain a controlling interest in d company. For instance, he'll sell 49 percent of d shares in d company and retain 51 percent 2 make him have a controlling interest and d hoghest shareholder. That is wat Bill Gates did with Microsoft.

(1) (Reply)

This To My Brothers And Sisters In UK And US / DO U KNOW U CAN USE UR CURRENT ANNUAL RENT TO BUY A HOUSE? ABUJA RESIDENTS ONLY / Design Ebooks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.