Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,357 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award (47924 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / PICTURES: PROUD WINNER ... Lionel Messi Shows Off The Ballon D'or Award / Messi Wins Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Shaw007(m): 11:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
Hehe . . .haters wiLL just argue and die Like that for ntngrin

1000 ways to die;Die of frustration from hating messigrin

and he's just 25!!!!

Most of the fmr worLd best/greats Got their peaks at 27/28/29 (Not cLose 2 wHat messi has Btw) . . Therefore,i don't thinK this is messi's peak yet,He's onLy just rising. . .and haters can die with that thoUghtcheesy

and BTW i thinK the EPL is the most entertaining League,But La-LigA,Liga is definity the One with More quaLity and taLent,its Not even arguabLe!!

Just because basicaLLy 2/3 teams have been reaLLy exceptionaL doesnt make the other teams Less Good,infact Liga teams have to be among the strongests,Barca and madrid are just simPLy exeptionaL

for instance,wouLd u say Other Players in the worLd are trash just because messi and Ron are presentlY dominatIn
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 11:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:

I THINK I ANSWERED THAT... TORRES AND AGUERO... PLS TEL ME HOW MANY GOALS THEY SCORED IN THEIR 1ST SEASON IN EPL?

MIND YOU, THESE 2 WERE NOT LALIGA'S FINEST OOOH....

they did not outscore their peers when they came here. rooney outscored aguero and torres did not score more league goals than adebayor - so what are you having a party for? this is the same league where la liga greats like deco, reyes, baptista, etc were sodomised by the premier league.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by elampiro(m): 11:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
This is the actual list of FIFA best according to overall play, not position.

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar: i knew la liga was a shyte league when carlos queiroz(fergie's assistant) became madrid's manager. that just sums la liga up!

What did Carlos Quieroz win in Spain? he has sacked after one season winning nothing

While in the EPL we have had a coach from Portuguese league winning at first attempt.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
Mourinho, Robson Interpreter became Chelsea Manager. *lightbulb*
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by deeplow: 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
logica: Yes of course. Who doesn't want to watch Messi when he and company roll into town? Which outstanding players do Getafe or Celta Vigo have? How many people watch a Portsmouth vs Southampton game? Are they always filled up?

The least attendance there could ever be in an Epl match is 15,000,no matter d teams playing.d truth of the matter is,take barcelona and real madrid out of it and you have a boring league in la liga.when was the last time another club won d league in la liga?the competitiveness,which is what makes a league interesting is missing in la liga.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by free2ryhme: 11:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
and he nvr scored for his country in a world cup ...mtschew!!!!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
free2ryhme: and he nvr scored for his country in a world cup ...mtschew!!!!

[size=18pt]Another EPL fan goofs again . I can confirm that 80% of all EPL fans are ignorant.[/size]
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 11:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

Was Forlan EPL's finest when he went to Spain? What about Kanoute? Van Nistlerooy (his form when he transfered)? Rossi?

ALEX FERGUSON REGRETTED SELLING FORLAN http://manchesterunited-fansclub..com/2010/07/ferguson-regrets-about-forlan.html. HE (FORLAN) CAME BACK TO HUNT LVERPOOL AND FULHAM IN THE UEFA CUP SEMI FINAL AND FINAL RESPECTIVLY. WHO THE HELL ARE KANOUTE AND ROSSI? THEY NEVER SCORED 20 LEAGUE GOALS ALL THROUGH THEIR CAREER IN LALIGA.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
deeplow:

The least attendance there could ever be in an Epl match is 15,000,no matter d teams playing.d truth of the matter is,take barcelona and real madrid out of it and you have a boring league in la liga.when was the last time another club won d league in la liga?the competitiveness,which is what makes a league interesting is missing in la liga.

Before man City last yr who won on goals difference, When was the last time another club apart from Chelsea and man Utd win the EPL
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by chic2pimp(m): 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
logica: Who should he replace in that mid-field? Iniesta, Xavi or Alonso?

Alonso easily. Even Xavi
Tbh taking his play in d league and the euros into consideration, he matched the Barca duo in terms of performances delivered
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:
What did Carlos Quieroz win in Spain? he has sacked after one season winning nothing

why was he considered in the first place? because they thought he could win it, isn't it?

While in the EPL we have had a coach from Portuguese league winning at first attempt.

backed by £500m of footballing talents - even my 3-yr old nephew would win the league with such financial support. how come benitez won the league in spain and failed to win the league in england? grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by davida222(m): 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
logica: Reject? Let's clarify what "reject" means. When you move to a bigger club, you cannot be called a reject. Case in point Torres: he went to Liverpool from Athletico Madrid? That's definitely moving to bigger things. Another example C Ronaldo from Man U to Real Madrid for a record transfer fee. Is that a reject?
Are u trying to tell us madrid is a biger club than man utd?? u most be a praat.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by AlabaSlim: 11:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

they didn't play hard to be anywhere - they just accepted the results that came with half-hearted efforts and took it in their strides. man utd did not field their strongest team against bilbao. carrick, nani and rio did not start the first leg in old trafford - it tells you how unimportant fergie took the tie.

i knew la liga was a shyte league when carlos queiroz(fergie's assistant) became madrid's manager. that just sums la liga up!
guy shut up
utd always hav PROBLEM against TIKITAKA futi...bilbao wil beat my utd 2day shld they play jus lyk atletico beat chealsink
Y did u tink chelsink a defendin champ are not RESPECTED? Mayb u shld ask RA
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 11:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:

@ LEAST QUEIROZ WAS AN ASSISTANT TO FERGUSON 4 MANY YEARS B4 HE WENT TO MADRID. PLS TELL ME THE CREDENTALS OF MICHEL LAUDRUP B4 HE BECAME SWANSEA COACH AND STARTED TEACHING UR SHITTY LEAGUE HOW TO PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

Swansea we know was made by Rodgers. Laudrup is just using an already made team....He is teaching no one how to play good footbal
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by shadelek(m): 11:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
let those best xi come n play with swansea in England, they will surely find it difficult beating the team.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 11:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
deeplow:

You see, Barca and Real may be miles ahead in Spain, but they are also miles ahead in Europe (forget one or two upsets here and there). If they both move to England, they will be first and second in England. Basic. But speaking of 2-horse race, it's no more different from England where Man U and Chelsea have dominated for years. 2007/2008 season saw Barca come third! If Real is not careful they will come third this season. I don't need to tell you much about Athletico and Malaga. I'm sure you've seen what the former did to Chelsea and what the latter recently did to Real and how they topped their group in the Champions League.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 11:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
Alaba_Slim:
guy shut up
utd always hav PROBLEM against TIKITAKA futi...bilbao wil beat my utd 2day shld they play jus lyk atletico beat chealsink
Y did u tink chelsink a defendin champ are not RESPECTED? Mayb u shld ask RA

you are a fool!
how did united eliminate barcelona in 2 legs in 2008? you speak absent common sense.....all you dstv fans with popcorn for brains should shut up and let people who know football discuss.

logica: You see, Barca and Real may be miles ahead in Spain, but they are also miles ahead in Europe (forget one or two upsets here and there). If they both move to England, they will be first and second in England. Basic. But speaking of 2-horse race, it's no more different from England where Man U and Chelsea have dominated for years. 2007/2008 season saw Barca come third! If Real is not careful they will come third this season. I don't need to tell you much about Athletico and Malaga. I'm sure you've seen what the former did to Chelsea and what the latter recently did to Real and how they topped their group in the Champions League.

use your common sense when arguing on this section.
barca and real madrid will not dominate in the epl cos they won't be able to afford the wages of messi, xavi and iniesta. in la liga, tv deals are negotiated independently and it pays about £100m each to the spanish giants. in england, all the tv proceeds are pooled together and shared fairly equally amongst the 20 clubs. grab a book and read.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by elampiro(m): 11:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
elampiro: This is the actual list of FIFA best according to overall play, not position.

From outside spain,
Pirlo is 7th overall world best
Drogba is 8th
Robin Van Persie 9th
Ibrahimovic 10th
Toure 12th
Neyman 13th
Rooney 15th
Buffon 16th
Aguero 17th
Neuer 19th

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

why was he considered in the first place? because they thought he could win it, isn't it?

And why was he sacked after one year

backed by £500m of footballing talents - even my 3-yr old nephew would win the league with such financial support. how come benitez won the league in spain and failed to win the league in england? grin

How much talent did he have in La Liga and why didnt he win in the first year?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 11:26pm On Jan 07, 2013
davida222: Are u trying to tell us madrid is a biger club than man utd?? u most be a praat.
Oh,so it isn't? Please correct me abeg.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:26pm On Jan 07, 2013
davida222: Are u trying to tell us madrid is a biger club than man utd?? u most be a praat.

Any football fan knows that Madrid is a much bigger club than Man Utd
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 11:28pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

they did not outscore their peers when they came here. rooney outscored aguero and torres did not score more league goals than adebayor - so what are you having a party for? this is the same league where la liga greats like deco, reyes, baptista, etc were sodomised by the premier league.

PLS WHO D HELL IS REYES AND BAPTISTA IN LALIGA? YES I KW BAPTISTA... HE SCORED 4 GOALS IN A MATCH 4 ARSENAL AGAINST TOTTENHAM AND COULDN'T SCORE 5 GOALS IN A WHOLE SEASON IN LALIGA. REYES IS ALSO A FLOP IN LALIGA. DECO'S STORY WAS LIKE THAT OF SHEVCHENKO. DUMPED BY BARCELONA AND BECAME A FAVOURITE @ CHELSEA. EPL IS SHIT!!!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Krayola(m): 11:29pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

And why is the clown that was schooled by dortmund struggling to catch Atletico Madrid in Liga.

Mourinho will soon run out of Spain. God don catch am.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 11:29pm On Jan 07, 2013
chic2pimp:

Alonso easily. Even Xavi
Tbh taking his play in d league and the euros into consideration, he matched the Barca duo in terms of performances delivered
Did you hear PIM from Pirlo in the final against Spain?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by davida222(m): 11:29pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:

WHO THE HELL ARE ALL THESE SHITS? PLS TELL ME THEIR EXPLOITS IN LALIGA ASIDE MANAMAN
that means u dont watch ur so called La liga, let me tell u, G henze was the best LB back madrid ever but from man united. and he was a united rejet too.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:30pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

Swansea we know was made by Rodgers. Laudrup is just using an already made team....He is teaching no one how to play good footbal

Your knowledge of European football is very limited.

Any deep follower of European football would know Laudrup has done the same thing in Getafe several years back. This is a quote from then

"During his tenure, as successor to former Real Madrid manager Bernd Schuster, he brought a new brand of exciting and free-flowing attacking football to the club which brought back memoires of Laudrup as a player. His team, which was not one of the established forces in Spanish football, enjoyed comparative success. However, he performed only one season as manager, tendering his resignation in May 2008
"
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by deeplow: 11:30pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Before man City last yr who won on goals difference, When was the last time another club apart from Chelsea and man Utd win the EPL

In the last ten years,the Epl title has been won by 4different clubs.I dnt have the accurate info,buh I think the last time anoda la liga club,other than barca n madrid won was in 2004.since then,it has been a two-horse race between madrid and barca.imagime the last time barca won the league,d gap between them and the team in third was too huge
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by AlabaSlim: 11:30pm On Jan 07, 2013
This is not my utd i use to know...our STANDARD has fallen so BAD that we play a weak team lyk newcastle & concede 3 goals? That is not COMPETITIVENESS,our standard has simply fallen. ASK BRAZIL or CAMEROUN, wen an oga becomes poor, his maid will not mistake him 4 an orange seller
#FACTS
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dino2006(m): 11:30pm On Jan 07, 2013
Omen100:

U must be Okpe road boy to have ever give such a statement, Okpe road guys always see Amupke, okirikwe, ojolu gana & uguaja guys as less stylish guys, so u better respect urself there b4 I give smelling slap there.

For d sake of Pete, who d frea.kin phuck is this?? Nairaland has turned something else. Hian! angry angry

@topic, this whole affair, is getting too one-sided though. Congrats to Messi anyways.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Krayola(m): 11:31pm On Jan 07, 2013
EPL fans no get sense. I swear. All of una patapata
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 11:31pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:
And why was he sacked after one year

why was del bosque sacked? you are barely scratching the surface here? fact remains united's number 2 became the manager of the biggest club in spain.

he finished ahead of madrid and barcelona.....those 2 clubs have more money than valencia. how come benitez couldn't apply the same scheme in england? the premier league is a tough league - legends like juande ramos, scolari, ancelotti, villas-boas have all been undressed. if guardiola comes here, he wouldn't last 3 months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (33) (Reply)

PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (2 - 0) On 28th September 2021 / Chelsea vs Liverpool - ( 0 - 2) On 20th September 2020 / Manchester United VS Derby County: Carabao Cup (7 - 8 On Pens : 25-09-2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.