Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,444 members, 7,819,642 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award (47926 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / PICTURES: PROUD WINNER ... Lionel Messi Shows Off The Ballon D'or Award / Messi Wins Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by tomakint: 12:22am On Jan 08, 2013
Krayola:
That would be great if he did it with Valencia, or Sevilla or some other team.... Not with Real Madrid. They're as big as teams can get.
The guy is currently a failure. The first time any team he has coached has performed this woefully is in Spain, and it just happens to be one of the strongest squads in the game. The guy no get excuse abeg leave story
You have a good sense of judgment and you have said it all! Bela Guttman is my all time best coach.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 12:23am On Jan 08, 2013
coogar:

you are talking rubbish as usual....it's becoming a habit
before jose went to madrid, what was their performance in the champions league? they normally get dumped out in the quarterfinal or the 2nd round. jose broke that jinx. the copa del rey jinx was also broken by jose after several years of being in the wilderness. he won all these titles at guardiola's expense - and guardiola was forced to sack himself.

Only that Pep destroyed him in the CL 2011 semi to win his second title

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 12:23am On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu:

You mean TERRY BUTCHER?
Yeah, it's him. Check this:

Just four minutes after the ''Hand of God'' goal, however, came ''The Goal of the Century'', so called because it is often claimed to be the greatest individual goal of all time. Héctor Enrique passed the ball to Maradona some ten metres inside his own half. Maradona then began his 60-metre, 10-second dash towards the English goal, passing four English outfield players – Peter Beardsley, Peter Reid, Terry Butcher (twice) and Terry Fenwick. Maradona finished the move by dribbling round Peter Shilton and slotting into the net to make the score 2–0 to Argentina.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentina_v_England_(1986_FIFA_World_Cup)
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Oahray: 12:25am On Jan 08, 2013
logica: Lol. Must be him. See name sef: Butcher. You go fear nah! Still na Maradona butcher am. English players (and the EPL) are overhyped.
True that. England with its media. See how they paint their mediocre national team like its world class.

The EPL benefits from the media coverage and hype too. And many of the people arguing here are those who watch EPL cos it is what is easily accessible. Some had not even watched Athletico Madrid play until Falcao destroyed Chelsea in the UEFA supercup.

Let them argue in their ignorance.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 12:25am On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu:
Only that Pep destroyed him in the CL 2011 semi to win his second title

in a dubious fashion - in jose's first season still acclimatising to the spanish football politics. love him or hate him, jose is the man.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Krayola(m): 12:26am On Jan 08, 2013
coogar:

you are talking rubbish as usual....it's becoming a habit
before jose went to madrid, what was their performance in the champions league? they normally get dumped out in the quarterfinal or the 2nd round. jose broke that jinx. the copa del rey jinx was also broken by jose after several years of being in the wilderness. he won all these titles at guardiola's expense - and guardiola was forced to sack himself.

there's no motivation again apart from the champions league.
what's the point in winning it again n again? his direct rival has left barcelona and the 2 of them are on their way to the premier league next season to resume hostilities. admit it, jose destroyed barcelona with inter, chelsea and now madrid.

The point is that that's his job. If he doesn't do it well, he is a failure. He hasn't done it well, diafour, he is a failure.

Madrid has not done this badly in recent history. In fact Jose Olodo Mourinho just led Madrid to their worst league start in 10 years. Analyse that!!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 12:26am On Jan 08, 2013
coogar:

in a dubious fashion - in jose's first season still acclimatising to the spanish football politics. love him or hate him, jose is the man.

Barcelona 5 Madrid 0.

Acclimatization indeed
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 12:28am On Jan 08, 2013
coogar: what's the point in winning the league title again n again?

Sir faggotson has won the EPL title several times so whats the point in him winning again?

AT last count Faggotson has more league titles than Mourinhoe
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by IyfeNamikaze(m): 12:29am On Jan 08, 2013
u guys fail to understand one thing, MESSI is better then RONALDO #fact
but was he better than Ronaldo in 2012? Hell nO!!!!
Messi was only scoring goals and won nothing last year, while Ronaldo was scoring goals too,but he won la liga and super cup.
Iniesta even won uefa nations cup with spain.
Those coaches and plapers that voted for messi (if there realy was anything like that at all) were baised,and voted with favourism.

Am a barca fan incase u want to throw tantrums at me.

When canavaro won this award, ronaldinho,zidane and even shevchenko were all better footballers than he was,but his performance for his team and the trophy he helped them to win were enough to crown him.

This style of fifa's will breed selfishness in football.
''why should i bother about the team's success? If i score 100 gaols this season and the team end up winning nothing,i will still be the best''
This was not how it was back then... When baggio,zidane and figo won it, when bechkam and raul were close to winning it. Fifa is not a supreme being, they are humans too, so some of their descision are faulty.
And judging by the way things has gone now, it's obvious that messi has won it already next year. This is getting very boring.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Oahray: 12:29am On Jan 08, 2013
Debroslink:

just answer the simple question: of the 91 goals scored by Messi, how many did Xavi and Iniesta feed him?
Its obvious, he has no idea. He hasnt mentioned any single statistic on this thread thus far.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 12:33am On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu:
Sir faggotson has won the EPL title several times so whats the point in him winning again
AT last count Faggotson has more league titles than Mourinhoe

another daft analogy!
ferguson is a stayer, jose is a drifter. jose's sole aim is to win all the league titles in the top leagues in europe. alex ferguson's sole aim is to win titles only for man utd. yet again, apples and oranges.

Krayola:
The point is that that's his job. If he doesn't do it well, he is a failure. He hasn't done it well, diafour, he is a failure.

mourinho was brought in to stop the barcelona dominance and he did last season. what meaningful title did barcelona win last season? mourinho bodied barcelona so bad, guardiola had to retire out of frustration and sleepless nights. mission accomplished!

Madrid has not done this badly in recent history. In fact Jose Olodo Mourinho just led Madrid to their worst league start in 10 years. Analyse that!!

yet more idiotic analogies.
history only recognises winners - if you are 2nd, you are not different from the 17th position. it's either you win it or not. worst start or best start counts for nothing!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 12:36am On Jan 08, 2013
Schuster and Capello already truncated the barca dominance. When they both denied Barca the league. So why would they need to do that again
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Hotdiamond(m): 12:36am On Jan 08, 2013
mama-gee:
I have a feeling ronaldo will win the next edition. . .

All he has to do now is to keep scoring goals, win the champions league and win either the top scorer in the champions league or top scorer in la liga.

Roanldo is getting his second next year.
no b 4 mouth. Na 4 field Dem dey do am.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Krayola(m): 12:39am On Jan 08, 2013
coogar:

mourinho was brought in to stop the barcelona dominance and he did last season. what meaningful title did barcelona win last season? mourinho bodied barcelona so bad, guardiola had to retire out of frustration and sleepless nights. mission accomplished!

How can he have ended Barcelona's dominance when he is sitting 16 points behind Barcelona. U go school?

coogar:

history only recognises winners - if you are 2nd, you are not different from the 17th position. it's either you win it or not. worst start or best start counts for nothing!

Before when i talk say u no get sense i just dey play but now u don proof it beyond reasonable doubt.

BTW history recognizes failures too. Just ask Hitler, Bin Laden, Saddam, Ghaddaffi etc . All world recognized losers. Mourinho is about to join that list.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 08, 2013
coogar:

chelsea have won in europe, so have nottingham forest and aston villa. apart from barcelona and real madrid, which other club in spain have won in elite europe? none!!! that's the problem with spain. the top 2 clubs pack the best players in the league and left the others with nothing. how would it look if 80% of the quality players in the premier league all play for man utd and chelsea?
You talking nonsense ...barca,madrid,valencia,sevilla,atheletico,celta vigo,bilbao nkor.?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by davida222(m): 12:44am On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu:

In every way

1. Madrid has 9 Champions league Man Utd has 3

2. Madrid has 32 league titles Man Utd has 19

3. Madrid has produced several Great players and ballon D Or Man utd has produced 1
hahaha... Cl 9 times?? again my frend dat was wen it was called cup, dat time no desent team was involved in the competition. and 32 league tittles u say dat is u again my frend leving in past glory of 1882 just like the scosers liverpool up north.. so think again. marid resent succes is nothin to right home about. compel to manutd from 1999 to date. so check ur fact rite. manutd still remen the most supported club in the world again check ur fact. and the most valuable club in the world. food 4 thourt. And did u just say great players. hehe my frend dont let us debate on that. piss out.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Krayola(m): 12:47am On Jan 08, 2013
davida222: hahaha... Cl 9 times?? again my frend dat was wen it was called cup, dat time no desent team was involved in the competition. and 32 league tittles u say dat is u again my frend leving in past glory of 1882 just like the scosers liverpool up north.. so think again. marid resent succes is nothin to right home about. compel to manutd from 1999 to date. so check ur fact rite. manutd still remen the most supported club in the world again check ur fact. and the most valuable club in the world. food 4 thourt.

go and compare their records from 1999 to date like you suggested then holla back.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by elampiro(m): 12:56am On Jan 08, 2013
Krayola:

He didn't score 91 goals. Who gives a damn what his teams did? It's an individual award ffs!!

91 goals no major trophy. Ronaldo carried Madrid to Laliga title.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 12:59am On Jan 08, 2013
mikeyhernadez:
You talking nonsense ...barca,madrid,valencia,sevilla,atheletico,celta vigo,bilbao nkor.?

you are a fool.....
you mean sevilla, valencia and athletico have won the champions league?

Krayola:
How can he have ended Barcelona's dominance when he is sitting 16 points behind Barcelona. U go school?

this boy is a fool.
barca had won 3 titles back to back and on their way to win the 4th when jose stopped y'all....on top of that, he won the copa del rey and forced guardiola into an early retirement. how's that not stopping your dominance - what did barcelona win last season?

Before when i talk say u no get sense i just dey play but now u don proof it beyond reasonable doubt.
BTW history recognizes failures too. Just ask Hitler, Bin Laden, Saddam, Ghaddaffi etc . All world recognized losers. Mourinho is about to join that list.

you have proven you reason with your toe-nails right from the start...
mourinho is not a failure - he had one objective in spain and that is to win la liga. he has achieved that aim last season. the only other target is the champions league this season before he quits spain. his league position bears no bearing.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 1:01am On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu: Schuster and Capello already truncated the barca dominance. When they both denied Barca the league. So why would they need to do that again
The funny thing is, neither of those guys would have given a thought to coaching a club in the English League before or shortly after it became EPL. It's only recently circa (2000) that the league actually caught the fancy of who-is-who in European football.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by tomakint: 1:05am On Jan 08, 2013
elampiro:

91 goals no major trophy. Ronaldo carried Madrid to Laliga title.
Quit debating on football! Wrestling may be a better option! So Copa del Rey, an equivalent of Premiership's FA cup is not a major trophy? hmnnnnn
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by jonex70(m): 1:08am On Jan 08, 2013
IAM NOT MESSI OR ROLADON FAN, BUT ONE THING AM CERTAIN OF IS THAT ALL THE GREASTES FOOTBALLER IN THE ONE HAS ONE THING IN COMMOM WHICH IS THE WORLD CUP. UNTIL MESSI WIN IT FOR NOW PEOPLE WILL REMEMEBER HIM BUT AFTER HE HAS RETIRED NOBODY WILL REMEMBER HIM AGAIN UNLESS HE WIN THE WORLD CUP WHICH IS THE ULTIMATE AWARD IN THE WORLD OF FOOTBALL. RONALDO DELIMA, ZINADE, MARADONA, PELE AND MOST OF THE GREATES FOOTBALLER IN THE WORLD ARE REMEMBER FOR ONE THING WORLD CUP. RONALDO DELIMA NEVER WON THE CHAMPION LEAGUE NEITHER PELE OR MARADONA. FOR BE I BELIEVE THE SPANISH LEAGUE IS TOO SIMPLE AND EASY FOR BOTH MADRID AND BARCELONIA. VERY SOON THE SPANISH LEAGUE WILL NOT EVEN HAS A SPONSOR because NOBODY WANT TO WATCH BORING LEAGUE AGAIN. ALL THE GREATEST RECENT FOOTBALLER HAS ONE THING IN COMMON THEY EITHER PLAY IN BOTH SERIA I OR LA LIGA OR ATLEAST THEY WON THE WORLD CUP. EG ,,,MARODANA. RONALDO, ZINADE,AND RODADINHO.MESSI HAS PLAY AGAINST CHELSEA 8 TIMES AND HE HAS NEVER SCORE A AGO. AM NOT CONVINCE ABOUT HIM. I THINK THE DEFENDER IN LA LIGA ARE TOO SOFT AND WEAK AND THEY GIVE HIM TOO MUCH SPACE.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 1:19am On Jan 08, 2013
Iyfe Namikaze: u guys fail to understand one thing, MESSI is better then RONALDO #fact angry
but was he better than Ronaldo in 2012? Hell nO!!!!
Messi was only scoring goals and won nothing last year, while Ronaldo was scoring goals too,but he won la liga and super cup.
Iniesta even won uefa nations cup with spain.
Those coaches and plapers that voted for messi (if there realy was anything like that at all) were baised,and voted with favourism.

Am a barca fan incase u want to throw tantrums at me.

When canavaro won this award, ronaldinho,zidane and even shevchenko were all better footballers than he was,but his performance for his team and the trophy he helped them to win were enough to crown him.

This style of fifa's will breed selfishness in football.
''why should i bother about the team's success? If i score 100 gaols this season and the team end up winning nothing,i will still be the best''
This was not how it was back then... When baggio,zidane and figo won it, when bechkam and raul were close to winning it. Fifa is not a supreme being, they are humans too, so some of their descision are faulty.
And judging by the way things has gone now, it's obvious that messi has won it already next year. This is getting very boring.

Oga think before you type na?
'but was he better than Ronaldo in 2012? Hell nO!!!!
Messi was only scoring goals and[color=#990000] won nothing last year??,
while Ronaldo was scoring goals too,but he won la liga and super cup.
Iniesta even won uefa nations cup with spain.'[/color]

Do you have the statistics to back up you silly claim?? What exactly do you have to back up your argument? goals? assists? overall qaulity of both players? Calm down joor grin

[s]Am a barca fan incase u want to throw tantrums at me[/s]. Mtcheew! Think before you Lie!!

Ask yourself if La liga and super cup are the same as the World Cup! Why don't you face the truth for once atleast? How can an intelligent man say Ronaldo was better than Messi in 2012!!! angry How?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 1:38am On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu:
I am getting feelers only extreme ignoramuses support La liga
EPL you mean.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 1:50am On Jan 08, 2013
davida222: hahaha... Cl 9 times?? again my frend dat was wen it was called cup, dat time no desent team was involved in the competition. and 32 league tittles u say dat is u again my frend leving in past glory of 1882 just like the scosers liverpool up north.. so think again. marid resent succes is nothin to right home about. compel to manutd from 1999 to date. so check ur fact rite. manutd still remen the most supported club in the world again check ur fact. and the most valuable club in the world. food 4 thourt. And did u just say great players. hehe my frend dont let us debate on that. piss out.

Since it became CL Madrid has won more than Man Utd. Old format Madrid beats Man Utd, New format Madrid beats man utd

Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo all played for Madrid and won WPOTY tell us the top players that played for Man Utd
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 1:52am On Jan 08, 2013
logica: EPL you mean.

Yeah corrected
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by vosquare: 2:08am On Jan 08, 2013
illuminati messi ronaldo iniesta xavi,illuminati blatter in short illuminati fifa
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by vosquare: 2:11am On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu:

Since it became CL Madrid has won more than Man Utd. Old format Madrid beats Man Utd, New format Madrid beats man utd

Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo all played for Madrid and won WPOTY tell us the top players that played for Man Utd
figo,ronaldo,beckham van nistelroy all passed through baba fergie 4 ur info wink
dayokanu:

figo,ronaldo,beckham van nistelroy all passed through baba fergie 4 ur info
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 2:14am On Jan 08, 2013
^^ figo passed through Ferguson? INTERESTING
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by vizboy(m): 2:21am On Jan 08, 2013
Messi played a good game last season but i dont think he merited these ballon d'or
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by tomakint: 2:23am On Jan 08, 2013
@Jonex70 have u ever 'kicked' football in your life? No pun intended! The more reason I didn't say 'played'
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by tomakint: 2:28am On Jan 08, 2013
vizboy: Messi played a good game last season but i dont think he merited these ballon d'or
And who do u feel deserved it? After 91 incredible goals in a calendar year, 26 incredible goals in half of a league, 73 incredible goals in all official competitions it seems you need to die and be born 7 times to really get convinced! cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (33) (Reply)

PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (2 - 0) On 28th September 2021 / Chelsea vs Liverpool - ( 0 - 2) On 20th September 2020 / Manchester United VS Derby County: Carabao Cup (7 - 8 On Pens : 25-09-2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.