Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Why Do Dentists Cover Their Noses With Facemasks When Treating A Patient - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Dentists Cover Their Noses With Facemasks When Treating A Patient (698 Views)

Rat Removed From A Patient’s Belly In Abia State (graphic Photo) / How I Was Molested By A Patient –psychiatric Doctor / Need Dentists' Help;cost Of Having A Crown On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Dentists Cover Their Noses With Facemasks When Treating A Patient by Kayraph(m): 11:35am On Jan 07, 2013
Please don't get annoyed with my question, I just want to know why.... undecided
Re: Why Do Dentists Cover Their Noses With Facemasks When Treating A Patient by paulicoco: 8:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
This is part of universal standards of infection control. U will also notice that the dentist wears gloves, a uniform ( sometimes also an apron) and protective eye wear or glasses. Wearing a facemask and potentially protects both the dentist and the patient from micoorganisms in the air and aerosols, which are produced whilst he is working on you with his instruments ( especially when using high- speed handpieces, because they use water and are mixed with your saliva). A dentist or dental care professional may also have a cold or other air-borne diseases and may protect the patient as well. Universal precautions are vital to protect both the dentists and patients, from diseases and the dentists will not only wear facemasks when working on u, but also on every other patient.

(1) (Reply)

How To Treat Bad Breath / Do You Check Expiring Dates Of pure And Bottle Waters Before Drinking? / Is Anafranlin Sold In 9ja Chemists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.