Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,489 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC (29290 Views)

How To Open & Play Java Games And Applications On Ur Laptop And Desktop / How To Disable Start-up Applications On Your Computer / Browse On Your Pc Using Your BlackBerry As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by Odunnu: 5:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
aieromon: Mozilla Firefox
Windows Media Player
VLC Player
Internet Download Manager
Utorrent
What does 'utorrent' do?
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by OPEYEMIAD(m): 5:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
Mine are
1. Moxila fire fox
2. Youtube downloader
3. Adope player and reader
4. Corel draw 13
5. VLC player and many more
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by NoQualms1(f): 5:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
USB Disk Security

TuneUp Utilities

Norton Antivirus

VLC media player

Windows media player
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by sod09(m): 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2013
Pls guys i nid serial key nd emali id for internet download manager
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by RedLight1: 5:57pm On Jan 15, 2013
Odunnu:
What does 'utorrent' do?
for downloading and uploading torrent files
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by Yarn2me(m): 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2013
Where can I get FIFA 13 ...
Am bored with PES 13 already

1 Like

Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by Odunnu: 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2013
Red-Light:
for downloading and uploading torrent files
What are torrent files?
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by wonlasewonimi: 6:28pm On Jan 15, 2013
Odunnu:
What are torrent files?

Google is the new think before you speak wink
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 15, 2013
Odunnu:
What are torrent files?
...u obviously don't download movies off the internet grin grin
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by Oahray: 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

just trying to be sure you know that dev C++ is not an instant messenger tongue
I-too-know! She said she would rather replace Adobe Reader with dev C++ on her top5 list. What suggests that she thinks its an instant messenger? Abi you just wan chat with NL babe? Na wa for some people sha. lipsrsealed
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 15, 2013
toria1980: Can anyone help me with good site where I can download softwares free.....​am tired of buying fake from Otigba

Thanks all

go to www.kat.ph it has all you will need.

ALL HAIL TORRENT FREAKS !!!! grin grin grin
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by Oahray: 6:49pm On Jan 15, 2013
Yarn2me: Where can I get FIFA 13 ...
Am bored with PES 13 already
*yawn* same place you got PES13. You just want to start a FIFA vs PES debate. Dey go jor.
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by Odunnu: 7:13pm On Jan 15, 2013
Shollypopz:
...u obviously don't download movies off the internet grin grin
Oh, is that it? No, I dont, actually. Thanx.
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by wonlasewonimi: 7:34pm On Jan 15, 2013
Oahray: I-too-know! She said she would rather replace Adobe Reader with dev C++ on her top5 list. What suggests that she thinks its an instant messenger? Abi you just wan chat with NL babe? Na wa for some people sha. lipsrsealed

Voltron defender of the universe....if you see the list she gbamed to, wont you think she missed road? It was tongue-in-cheek though.
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by cigie(m): 7:49pm On Jan 15, 2013
From all your responses, I can tell that utorrent and notepad has more functions than I thought...I think utorrent is for large downloads and notepad for small notes...good people of NL, please deliver me from my ignorance...what's making these applications so special...thanks
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by cigie(m): 7:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
0'Cisa:
Get Utorrent first and every other thing shall be added.
How bro?
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by Kabawhat: 7:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
SimonAndal: Internet Explorer 10 (Metro)
uTorrent
Notepad++
Command Prompt
VLC Media Player
u must be a programmer
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by Oahray: 8:07pm On Jan 15, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

Voltron defender of the universe....if you see the list she gbamed to, wont you think she missed road? It was tongue-in-cheek though.
I saw it, and I didnt think she 'missed road' (quite surprising though). I understand what you are up to now.
Oya pardon my intrusion and continue your runs. wink
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by yusuf01(m): 10:06pm On Jan 15, 2013
In no particular order

Microsoft Security Essentials (the best free antivirus out there)

VLC (no more to talk about)

Chrome - ever since I started using chrome, I've never used †ЂΞ mediocre browser called firefox

Adobe Reader - of course, I still read pdf

Lock a Folder - what a way to hide files u don't want in open glare

Mini Bin - I love my desktop clean, I delete all icons and ∂α† includes the recycle bin

Recuva - recovers deleted files even if they are 6 months old

The little I can remember.
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 15, 2013
Presently on My lappy e eb like say na:

1 Internet Download Manager
2 MS Word
3 MS Excel
4 VLC Media Player/Windows Media Player
5 Firefox/Google Chrome

...in no particular order
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by aceblackpearl: 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
OmolodMilkman93: This space has bin reserved til I get my laptop,......

ByTheWay, get ur 10GB 4 3,500

10GB OF WHAT ? Data bundle ? Network ? PM THE DETAILS IF GENUINE
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by femi4: 11:25pm On Jan 15, 2013
Eyaa,I came late,anyway make I start:
VLC: It plays all manner of video file format

Bittorent: It looks sexier than U torrent. You all know what it does

IDM: it gives my downloads massive speed, also gud for downloading youtube videos.

Ms word/adobe reader: For office work and personal runs.

Winrar: For Opening rar files that normal Zip can't handle
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by Madawaki01(m): 11:27pm On Jan 15, 2013
mc~evans:

Did anyone ask you to list the five most important games you play on your PlayStation 3?
this are pc games.......hunn....i love games
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by freecharles(m): 12:35am On Jan 16, 2013
google chrome
java
vlc media player
DAP
microsoft encarta

.....and many more
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by mikron(m): 2:11am On Jan 16, 2013
yuzedo:

grin grin grin grin Broda, be like say you dey d game with us! cheesy Ah ah? You even sabi d scope pass veterans! Mojo Watchers Association of Nigeria (MWAN)// - Zonal Secretary tongue
guy u funny die,abeg no kill me wit laugh
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by mikron(m): 2:25am On Jan 16, 2013
IM SORRY I LL HAVE TO NAME MORE THAN 5,
INTERNET DOWNLOAD MANAGER- for downloading anything from the net
MICROSOFT OFFICE- for my documents
AVG - my trusted antivirus (licence till 2018)
MOZILLA FIREFOX/MAXTHON- my default browsers
UTTORENT- for downloads too
IOBIT UNINSTALLER- for uninstalling unwanted programmes from my lappy (it cleans even leftovers)
TOTAL VIDEO CONVERTER- conversion of raw video files downloaded from the net to any format of my choice
FLV PLAYER- my media player of choice
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by Nipeks(m): 2:29am On Jan 16, 2013
1. PHPStorm
2. Adobe Photoshop
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by semid4lyfe(m): 6:25am On Jan 16, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

Google is the new think before you speak wink

Hehehehe. . . you know what they say about ladies and tech grin

Meanwhile, I hardly download from torrents but when I do I use either FlashGet or GetRight, both normal download managers that support torrent downloads

Are the torrent clients faster for downloading torrents than the normal download managers? undecided
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 16, 2013
semid4lyfe:

Meanwhile, I hardly download from torrents but when I do I use either FlashGet or GetRight, both normal download managers that support torrent downloads

Are the torrent clients faster for downloading torrents than the normal download managers? undecided

And what do "they" say about ladies and tech??!!! angry I dare you to say it, I dare you!! angry angry
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by Rocktation(f): 10:14am On Jan 16, 2013
OMgosh! Can't believe he took my words for it! That was just me, Semidlyfe!!! cheesy
Don't go saying that a lot in public places.
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 16, 2013
semid4lyfe:

i use zbigz to download torrents faster
Re: The Five Most Important Applications On Your PC by wonlasewonimi: 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2013
Shollypopz:

And what do "they" say about ladies and tech??!!! angry I dare you to say it, I dare you!! angry angry

Cluelessness!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hp Pavillion Dv6000 Entertainment Pc Notebook (xp Driver) / Removing Desktop.in Permanently In Windows 8 And 8.1 / Features To Consider When Buying A Laptop..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.