Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,509 members, 7,770,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:45 AM

Hp Pavillion Dv6000 Entertainment Pc Notebook (xp Driver) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hp Pavillion Dv6000 Entertainment Pc Notebook (xp Driver) (29546 Views)

Installing Windows XP Without A CD-ROM Drive / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hp Pavillion Dv6000 Entertainment Pc Notebook (xp Driver) by newgold22: 4:40pm On Oct 10, 2007
Hello Landers. I formatted this Laptop that come with Vista to install XP SP 2. I want to download drivers so i can install the devices (Sound, Ethernet, WebCam, etc)available, all drivers i downloaded from HP site couldn't install the devices. I have the option of choosing my OS (Windows XP & Windows XP x64). Please, which of this OS is required to download my driver coz all those downloaded under Windows XP refused to work.
Re: Hp Pavillion Dv6000 Entertainment Pc Notebook (xp Driver) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2007
you may not be able to find all the drivers you need.the laptop was DESIGNED for windows vista.the implication is that you may not find xp drivers for the system even on hp's website.

i would recommend going for the option of running xp and vista on the system, rather than an outright removal of vista.

also, do not go near 64 bit windows. it does not support 16 bit apps, does not allow unsigned drivers, is is relatively unsupported by vendors.

i advise you to reinstall vista, partition your hard drive, and install xp on the second partition, and config your sys for dual booting.

google 'dual booting xp and vista'

i suspect that you removed vista because of incompatibility issues. if this is the case you can take either of the following>

download the latestt updates and vista SP1(beta)
run your apps in xpsp2 compatibility mode.
Re: Hp Pavillion Dv6000 Entertainment Pc Notebook (xp Driver) by ricki: 11:00pm On Oct 12, 2007
you stupid cow, sorry

i have all the softwares be it vista or xp and i am willing to help you out of course - i use the same laptop as the one you mention, but i made a backup of everything see, that is what you should do too.

anyway most of the vista drivers do work with xp and vice versa 'cause i have tried this several times. if you still have any problems holla right away
Re: Hp Pavillion Dv6000 Entertainment Pc Notebook (xp Driver) by Gochu: 8:55am On Mar 15, 2008
Hi guys, got a nu Samsung SATA HDD 4 ma HP Pavillion Entertainment PC DV6000, n cant seem 2 get a device driver to drive sound, i installed Windows XP on it, can any1 hlp out , need it runin fast ,
Re: Hp Pavillion Dv6000 Entertainment Pc Notebook (xp Driver) by RAJones: 9:37am On May 17, 2008
Hi Ricki,

I noted in your response to another member that you have drivers for the HP Pavillion that work with XP.
I have recently had a similar experience where I formated VISTA from my laptop and replaced it with XP Pro, Service Pack 2. Now I'm looking for drivers.

Could you assist please?

Thanks
Roland
Re: Hp Pavillion Dv6000 Entertainment Pc Notebook (xp Driver) by joraelly4g(m): 3:56pm On May 22, 2008
www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3253922&lang=en&">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3253922&lang=en&
The General dv6000 drivers
Pick Your Operating System and Download

For the one that are not there like Quick Play or more
email me at joraelly@yahoo.com - I will upload it.
Re: Hp Pavillion Dv6000 Entertainment Pc Notebook (xp Driver) by 1Music2luv(m): 6:24pm On May 22, 2008
Hi Guys, I had the same problem with HP pavilion tablet Pc which i downgraded to windows XP. It was resolved by the HP support guys, I'll suggest u chat with the HP support team, they have the complete driver database for all their computer systems.

Try it ,they r always willing to help to solve all ur driver issues.

Good Luck!
Re: Hp Pavillion Dv6000 Entertainment Pc Notebook (xp Driver) by RAJones: 8:16am On May 24, 2008
Thanks guys.
Got them.

Roland
Re: Hp Pavillion Dv6000 Entertainment Pc Notebook (xp Driver) by BridgesIT: 12:08am On Sep 02, 2009
It's always advisable to give the tasks of formatting or converting your OS btw Vista&XP to an IT person because of drivers&total loss of OS which keeps you stranded.I can recommend experts who will fix all ur IT issues even at ur place,dial 08023177634 or bridgesconceptsbmc@yahoo.com
Re: Hp Pavillion Dv6000 Entertainment Pc Notebook (xp Driver) by guysmat(m): 10:17am On Sep 06, 2009
Re: Hp Pavillion Dv6000 Entertainment Pc Notebook (xp Driver) by joys24: 10:44pm On Oct 15, 2009
u no wat still dey search on google.

(1) (Reply)

Features To Consider When Buying A Laptop.. / Removing Desktop.in Permanently In Windows 8 And 8.1 / Calling Systems Administrators - Our Own Thread?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.