Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Can I Take Jamb With An E8 In Maths To Study Insternational Studies - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Take Jamb With An E8 In Maths To Study Insternational Studies (9236 Views)

I Was Really Suprised By Jamb With 307 As My Score / 1.5 Million Candidates To Take JAMB, Cut-off Marks For 2016 Announced / With E8 In Maths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Take Jamb With An E8 In Maths To Study Insternational Studies by Xplodes2700(m): 8:57am On Jan 08, 2013
Gud morning NL, please i need your advice on this, my WAEC result is : English langauage- C6 , Economics C6, C.R.K- B3 , Government- B3, Biology- C6 , mathematics E8, Agric sci - C6 , Lit. In. English- B3, i want to take Jamb with this result, to study International Studies @ uniben, is the result good enough despite the mathematics E8, Should i apply or not, please your advice is needed, thanks
Re: Can I Take Jamb With An E8 In Maths To Study Insternational Studies by Alhasan1(m): 11:29am On Jan 08, 2013
Check ur brochure,esp d school admission requirement on thier website
Re: Can I Take Jamb With An E8 In Maths To Study Insternational Studies by dominique(f): 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
You can't study any course with less than a c6 in maths and english. You better go pickup another WAEC form before its too late. I wonder why these arts students are so negligent towards maths, It has cost a lot of people their admission.

1 Like

Re: Can I Take Jamb With An E8 In Maths To Study Insternational Studies by tboy08: 7:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
dominique: You can't study any course with less than a c6 in maths and english. You better go pickup another WAEC form before its too late. I wonder why these arts students are so negligent towards maths, It has cost a lot of people their admission.
@xplode2700 you can study law and some others with your o'level,am quiet sure of that but i'm not sure of international studies..
Re: Can I Take Jamb With An E8 In Maths To Study Insternational Studies by pwiz(m): 9:09pm On Jan 08, 2013
dominique: You can't study any course with less than a c6 in maths and english. You better go pickup another WAEC form before its too late. I wonder why these arts students are so negligent towards maths, It has cost a lot of people their admission.
Madam, stop putting fear on him. Who told you he can't study any course with a pass in maths? Abegiii, @op, you can study (sharia,islamic and common) law with that grade and also mass comm (depending on d uni),political science,english and some oda art course. All just depend on ur skul. check ur brochure.
Re: Can I Take Jamb With An E8 In Maths To Study Insternational Studies by dominique(f): 11:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
p.wiz:
Madam, stop putting fear on him. Who told you he can't study any course with a pass in maths? Abegiii, @op, you can study (sharia,Islamic and common) law with that grade and also mass comm (depending on d uni),political science,english and some oda art course. All just depend on ur skul. check ur brochure.

Except they've changed the criteria for admission since my time. As far as I know, no credible institution will admit anyone without at least a credit in maths and english. Out of your five-subject requirement, maths and english is always prerequisite. You can as well tryout mushroom unis that are looking for students, I bet they'll overlook your deficient result and admit you anyways.
Re: Can I Take Jamb With An E8 In Maths To Study Insternational Studies by pwiz(m): 8:18am On Jan 09, 2013
dominique:

Except they've changed the criteria for admission since my time. As far as I know, no credible institution will admit anyone without at least a credit in maths and english. Out of your five-subject requirement, maths and english is always prerequisite. You can as well tryout mushroom unis that are looking for students, I bet they'll overlook your deficient result and admit you anyways.
Madam, let me help you out. Some top uni accept pass in maths in some [art] courses (bt nt fail), . Take a look at the screenshot below for two different course requirement:

Re: Can I Take Jamb With An E8 In Maths To Study Insternational Studies by pwiz(m): 8:24am On Jan 09, 2013
I aint saying you are wrong abt nt requiring maths for some [art] courses but it all depends on the uni. People with credit pass in the two subjects (eng and maths) will be considered above the ones that have a pass in maths, it alll depends. Though I am not giving him any hope on that. He could remedy it by writing this year waec,neco or nabten and put two sittings when registering for jamb.
Re: Can I Take Jamb With An E8 In Maths To Study Insternational Studies by Fego50(m): 8:40am On Jan 09, 2013
with e8 in maths 4 international relations nd diplomacy,uniben wil definatly acept u,i called some of my frnds stdying d course in uniben,nd they affirmed 2 it.so pls dnt listen 2 dis liers on nairaland,i almost mised my admission becos of their stupid saying.

1 Like

Re: Can I Take Jamb With An E8 In Maths To Study Insternational Studies by dominique(f): 10:29am On Jan 09, 2013
Glad to see things has changed since my time ( i don dey old be dat o embarassed). Then, there was a massive maths failure amongst the art students in my set and most of them couldn't gain admission cos of that. I'll still recommend our poster to get another waec form to be on the safe side.
Re: Can I Take Jamb With An E8 In Maths To Study Insternational Studies by Fego50(m): 12:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
dominique i don't think u re geting old u are only ignorant of d new nuc requirements 4 arts nd science stdents.so broda get updated nd leave people who hav their dreams 2 pursue them without scare.tanx

(1) (Reply)

After Viewing This Photo, You Would Learn More Than 10,000 Life Leasons / What Is The Difference Between Hnd And Bsc/ba In Nigeria? / NECO Records 50% Improvement In SSCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.