Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 (39340 Views)

Cape Verde, DR Congo, Tunisia, Zambia - AFCON 2015 Group B / Ghana Vs Cape Verde - AFCON 2013 - (2 - 0) On 2nd February 2013 / Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
balladin:
Spot on. A certain Raheem Lawal and Rabiu Ibrahim plus Mikel, Nosa and Moses would have been a killer midfield.I Wonder how Onazi and Ogude got into the team.

You wonder how Onazi and Ogude got there. Godfatherism. How did Obiora Nwankwo get there (A player playing who is finding it difficult to break into a team in the lower league in Italy). Just like people repping Siasia. He destroyed a fantastic team we raised. The team that won the U17 world cup raised by Yemi Tela.

Obiora Nwankwo came in and Rabiu Ibrahim was dropped. One Emeka Okafor who can't keep for my street team became the keeper and the U17 best Keeper who only conceded a goal from Toni Kroos (Bayern Munich FC) in the whole tournament. Saved all three penalties taken against him in the final was dropped.

Siasia dropping Rabiu Ibrahim and Goal Keeper Ajeboye on the bench at the U20 World Cup made me write off Siasia. Godfatherism is what is killing Nigerian football. It is what turned the great SUPER EAGLES to GREEN CHICKENS. There is nothing super about these Chickens.

I agree with you that a midfield made of Ibrahim Rabiu, Raheem Lawal and Mikel would have made our midfield very solid. Hence we are stuck with Godfather/NFF selection, let us pray that someway somehow, Steven Keshi can make something out of these players. I am really disappointed with the show today.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:01am On Jan 10, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

You wonder how Onazi and Ogude got there. Godfatherism. How did Obiora Nwankwo get there (A player playing who is finding it difficult to break into a team in the lower league in Italy). Just like people repping Siasia. He destroyed a fantastic team we raised. The team that won the U17 world cup raised by Yemi Tela.

Obiora Nwankwo came in and Rabiu Ibrahim was dropped. One Emeka Okafor who can't keep for my street team became the keeper and the U17 best Keeper who only conceded a goal from Toni Kroos (Bayern Munich FC) in the whole tournament. Saved all three penalties taken against him in the final was dropped.

Siasia dropping Rabiu Ibrahim and Goal Keeper Ajeboye on the bench at the U20 World Cup made me write off Siasia. Godfatherism is what is killing Nigerian football. It is what turned the great SUPER EAGLES to GREEN CHICKENS. There is nothing super about these Chickens.

I agree with you that a midfield made of Ibrahim Rabiu, Raheem Lawal and Mikel would have made our midfield very solid. Hence we are stuck with Godfather/NFF selection, let us pray that someway somehow, Steven Keshi can make something out of these players. I am really disappointed with the show today.

Yet people are criticizing Osaze for speaking out.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 10, 2013
balladin:
Spot on. A certain Raheem Lawal and Rabiu Ibrahim plus Mikel, Nosa and Moses would have been a killer midfield.I Wonder how Onazi and Ogude got into the team.

Go and get your own coaching badge and show keshi how to do it.maybe you,ll be the messiah we have been waiting for...you lot praised onazi against venezuela and catalunya now just one game against cape verde,you are calling for his head..
Nigeria has the worst football fans...people are now calling on taiwo...etc..same people will criticise the coach when he fumbles on the left back..they will wonder why someone rejected by milan,QPR and now in dynamo kiev will find his way into his team..
This team remains the best nigeria can offer..
Some idi.ots are rejoicing with rubbish zambian team...you lot should wait till the tournament starts properly..
Nigeria will surprise and shut all you mutha fu.ckers up..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 10, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Yet people are criticizing Osaze for speaking out.

Osaze remains a bugger..no sane coach will tolerate his stupidity...let him try such in england..
Phuck him..he isnt needed and even if he was in that team,he would still play shyte..
You people shld get over it..
He is shyte and a GHANA MUST GO FULL OF TES.TIS.....PHUCK OSAZE..
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by sambos994(m): 12:11am On Jan 10, 2013
Well....after watching this game, we should revert back to the 4-3-3. I think we should use the 2nd half defense in AFCON. We should have won by 2 but..... the keeper is good. Another thing, what really baffles me is people are now wanting Ibrahim after you guys chased him off. Onazi did good in Venezuela and Catalonia yet one bad game against Cape. Verde make you guys all call for his head. I don tire for Nigerians...
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:14am On Jan 10, 2013
gbosaa:

Go and get your own coaching badge and show keshi how to do it.maybe you,ll be the messiah we have been waiting for...you lot praised onazi against venezuela and catalunya now just one game against cape verde,you are calling for his head..
Nigeria has the worst football fans...people are now calling on taiwo...etc..same people will criticise the coach when he fumbles on the left back..they will wonder why someone rejected by milan,QPR and now in dynamo kiev will find his way into his team..
This team remains the best nigeria can offer..
Some idi.ots are rejoicing with rubbish zambian team...you lot should wait till the tournament starts properly..
Nigeria will surprise and shut all you mutha fu.ckers up..

He should get his coaching bad because he noticed something is wrong with the team? Please didn't you notice that only Mikel showed Quality in that Midfield?

I hope the team surprises us but the selection is weak. Chelsea winning the Champions League didn't make them better than Barca. I hope they win but I am not optimistic.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:16am On Jan 10, 2013
gbosaa:

Osaze remains a bugger..no sane coach will tolerate his stupidity...let him try such in england..
Phuck him..he isnt needed and even if he was in that team,he would still play shyte..
You people shld get over it..
He is shyte and a GHANA MUST GO FULL OF TES.TIS.....PHUCK OSAZE..

Whether you like abuse him, he has said what is wrong with our system. Support those who will keep quiet and allow our football rot.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by GUNSLINGER: 12:17am On Jan 10, 2013
bboiabb:

ghana whipped them 1-0? 1-0 is a whipping? you are a joker

Well at least they won, what about ur super penguins grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Nobody: 12:17am On Jan 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin ;Dthey are going hard

They can say all they wanna say..football is not played with computer keyboards..
Africa champion or no african champion,fact is we have been whooping their silly a.rses since 1994.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:18am On Jan 10, 2013
sambos994: Well....after watching this game, we should revert back to the 4-3-3. I think we should use the 2nd half defense in AFCON. We should have won by 2 but..... the keeper is good. Another thing, what really baffles me is people are now wanting Ibrahim after you guys chased him off. Onazi did good in Venezuela and Catalonia yet one bad game against Cape. Verde make you guys all call for his head. I don tire for Nigerians...

Our team lack players skills, it is clear many of our present midfielders lack the skill, vision and brilliance Ibrahim Rabiu possesses. I feel sad he was dropped. I never was among those asking for him to leave.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 10, 2013
[quote author=thegoodjoehunt]

He should get his coaching bad because he noticed something is wrong with the team? Please didn't you notice that only Mikel showed Quality in that Midfield?

I hope the team surprises us but the selection is weak. Chelsea winning the Champions League didn't make them better than Barca. I hope they win but I am not optimistic.
[

/quote]

Do us a favour list your best 23 players.
No sentiments..give us the list of those who will replace those selected..

I repeat it...Osaze is a bum..he,ll be the biggest mistake if invited..he is s good player no doubt but his bad influence and disruptive behaviour will ruin everything this team has worked hard for...Osaze Sucks..
If eagles gets humiliated in SA..and come back with a basketful of goals,Osaze sucks still...
Phuck him...he is a bugger.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:36am On Jan 10, 2013
gbosaa:

I am not the one being paid Millions of Naira a month to scout this country and overseas to select the best talents. Do you think Obiora Nwankwo deserves to be in that place? How did he get there? Did Keshi actually go out, watch him play and select him?

Let us be honest and quit this being blinded by patriotism. I believe that if a child does bad, tell him so that he will work on improving. Not praising him for doing bad.

That squad is weak and how can we regain our glory in the world if we continue with this kind of system.

I stopped being optimistic when the team went on a break. At the time we should be scouting and searching for real talents to lift the team.

Now we can only pray.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by tbaba1234: 1:26am On Jan 10, 2013
It is just a friendly. It does not necessarily tell you how the tournament will go.

Nigeria lost to Togo 3:1 at the National Stadium, Surulere in the last friendly before going ahead to win Olympic Gold in '96.

Nigeria was held to a draw by a Ghana B team before going ahead to win the nations cup in '94.

I saw a few positive things in the team in the second half. Once they can get the goals, confidence will grow and you never know.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 10, 2013
^^^
In addition, Nigeria lost to the then Yugoslavia by 3-0, lost to Netherlands by 5-1, and was beaten 1-0 by Germany in pre 1998 world cup friendlies.
In the end, Nigeria remarkably topped her World Cup group.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:51am On Jan 10, 2013
tbaba1234: It is just a friendly. It does not necessarily tell you how the tournament will go.

Nigeria lost to Togo 3:1 at the National Stadium, Surulere in the last friendly before going ahead to win Olympic Gold in '96.

Nigeria was held to a draw by a Ghana B team before going ahead to win the nations cup in '94.

I saw a few positive things in the team in the second half. Once they can get the goals, confidence will grow and you never know.

No doubt there is a possibility of making the team successful with a winning strategy. Maybe Coach Keshi wants to defend and counter attack with speed using the pace of Ahmed Musa and Victor Moses with Mikel spraying the passes during the counter. With that the team can look strong.

When you talk of the Olympic era, we knew we already had a world class team and our team were once U17 World Cup champions and had what it took to win the tournament.

This is not the case with this team. Nigeria has been performing poorly and our age grade stars have all been scattered. Very few left from Siasia U20/Olympic finalist team. None from Yemi Tela's U17 team. So we can't just expect them to easily gel and get flying.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:56am On Jan 10, 2013
CFCfan: ^^^
In addition, Nigeria lost to the then Yugoslavia by 3-0, lost to Netherlands by 5-1, and was beaten 1-0 by Germany in pre 1998 world cup friendlies.
In the end, Nigeria remarkably topped her World Cup group.

Even if they lost to Yugoslavia(I still remember that match, the Yugoslavian who was on NTA was laughing at our analysts) and lost to Netherlands(I also remember that match, Kanu scored the Penalty made by Daniel Amokachi, Hooijdonk came from the bench and scored a free kick, Hasselbaink scored the first goal after a lovely dummy from Kluivert), you could still see that our team (Super Eagles) had individual talents and potential.

Just like when they lost to Denmark 4-1, you could see brilliance and creativity from Kanu, Okocha, Tijani, Finidi, Ikpeba, Oliseh, Babayaro etc. Most of them were players from the winning Olympic team at Atlanta.

this is definitely not the case here.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Nobody: 2:10am On Jan 10, 2013
^^^
You're spot on. The 1998 squad are miles ahead of the present squad in terms of individual skill and brilliance.
I still hope that this present team can reach the semi finals, at very least.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:16am On Jan 10, 2013
CFCfan: ^^^
You're spot on. The 1998 squad are miles ahead of the present squad in terms of individual skill and brilliance.
I still hope that this present team can reach the semi finals, at very least.

Yes it is up to the coaching crew drafting a strong strategy that will utilize the strength of the team. Let us keep our hearts with the team. If they work hard, they can still represent us well.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by ddippset(m): 3:28am On Jan 10, 2013
see how everyone is just arguing over mediocre players; onazi, igiebor, ibrahim, obiora! even our 'best player' is a certain mikel obi!! Nigeria, how we have fallen. is it not the same nations cup where drogba, yaya toure, adebayo, gervinho, the boatengs, mensah, gyan, seidou keita, amongst others will be playing. we need to woo back some of our established stars and manage them o! because with all these igiebor, obiora, etc etc that we are arguing over here we will get some serious bashings.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Xfactoria: 4:09am On Jan 10, 2013
ddippset: see how everyone is just arguing over mediocre players; onazi, igiebor, ibrahim, obiora! even our 'best player' is a certain mikel obi!! Nigeria, how we have fallen. is it not the same nations cup where drogba, yaya toure, adebayo, gervinho, the boatengs, mensah, gyan, seidou keita, amongst others will be playing. we need to woo back some of our established stars and manage them o! because with all these igiebor, obiora, etc etc that we are arguing over here we will get some serious bashings.

Mr man, names don't play football. Weren't those Ivorian players in the squad that couldn't beat home/African based Zambian players to the trophy at the last AFCON?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by adevest: 4:15am On Jan 10, 2013
It is a good thing that Nigerians are not expecting too much from these players. That will reduce the pressure on them and I think they will do well eventually. The players selected are good but are yet to gel as a team. They are also not confident enough due to the expectations Nigerians always places on them. If they could get out of the group stage in AFCON, it will be difficult to stop them. I am also hopeful that the rebuilding process started by Keshi is moving forward with the world cup in view.
Good luck to the team.
Up Eagles!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by honeric01(m): 4:29am On Jan 10, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Our team lack players skills, it is clear many of our present midfielders lack the skill, vision and brilliance Ibrahim Rabiu possesses. I feel sad he was dropped. I never was among those asking for him to leave.

So you mean Rabiu is better than Nosa Igiebor? when are you people going to drop sentiments?

Remind me again, which club is Rabiu bossing their midfield? since he's so skillful, brilliant and has all the vision you're talking about, he should be bossing his club's midfield. sad angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by cbjonstage(m): 4:44am On Jan 10, 2013
super eagles abi na chickens its unfortunate i had to watch ur match against cape v just 30mins cuz our midfield & defense didn't impress me. this is a shame for dis country....i hope he will bring in d right players dat will restore our glory in afcon. Keshi those boiz na wrong selection o
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by SuyaEater(m): 4:45am On Jan 10, 2013
ddippset: see how everyone is just arguing over mediocre players; onazi, igiebor, ibrahim, obiora! even our 'best player' is a certain mikel obi!! Nigeria, how we have fallen. is it not the same nations cup where drogba, yaya toure, adebayo, gervinho, the boatengs, mensah, gyan, seidou keita, amongst others will be playing. we need to woo back some of our established stars and manage them o! because with all these igiebor, obiora, etc etc that we are arguing over here we will get some serious bashings.

+8900
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Eifeh(m): 5:56am On Jan 10, 2013
This term need Osaze or Nsofor, Emenike na wach manus one
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Gbenge77(m): 6:14am On Jan 10, 2013
you are still overating those ivoriens,even after failing to win any trophy collectively
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by durtman: 6:41am On Jan 10, 2013
Keshi shld look into d better coordination of d defence line also d midfield was a shadow of itself ,we've got good players in d attack but d midfield has to be solid so as to make chances for d attack.
My only worry is dat with d list released by d big boss I still see godfatherism why is echijile making d team every time learnt is shuaibu amodu boy and big boss and amodu na padi half taye taiwo is better dan dis guy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by otokx(m): 6:43am On Jan 10, 2013
Keshi should get ready to be crucified if this team does not reach the semi finals of the AFCON. Yesterday's performance was below par, the referee was too kind.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by ghosttownboss(m): 7:18am On Jan 10, 2013
Keshi I hard a nightmare becos of u today.obviously u have taken us back by. 20years in our football you players are definately not the best nigeria can offer

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 10, 2013
Can u imagine d way these zambbians r insultn us? These pple are vry contentious abt sometin, bt d way they are goin abt it is vry sad, they r jst insultn us as if we r their zimbabwean neibors? Bt I tink iknw d reason 4 them been apprehensive! AFCON quote author=Johnnoah1st]Follow dis clink to see how dose zambians are making jest of nigeria http://www.zambianfootball.co.zm/?p=3032[/quote]
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by ow11(m): 7:43am On Jan 10, 2013
Good practice!

I wish Sunday Mba was dropped for Bright Dike or Victor Anichebe

Ogude looked heavy and he should have been dropped for Raheem Lawal

We clearly do not have a RB. . Efe Ambrose is a CB. This begs the question. Why didn't Keshi invite Fortune Chukwudi? The guy had reinvented himself as a RB for Sharks last season and was a delight to watch. one goal and three assists

I hope that leaky position will not haunt us in SA.

That said, I am happy with the progress of Oboabona, Omeruo and my favorite SE NOSA IGIEBOR!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by CrazyMan(m): 8:16am On Jan 10, 2013
I believe the squad can improve...friendlies are to work on your lapses, obviously Keshi has seen the glaring loop holes in the squad.

Let's hope he works on it before the finals of the Nations cup.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Napoli Fine Osimhen As Birthday Video Shows His ‘Recklessness’ / A Fan Throws Iwobi's Shirt Back At Him / Super Falcons Arrive Nigeria After Being Knocked Out Of FIFA Women's World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.