Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Does Anyone Not Know What The K-T Boundary Is ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Anyone Not Know What The K-T Boundary Is ? (1130 Views)

7 Things You May Not Know About #goodfriday / The Issue Of Witches/wizards/and Emere That You Did Not Know About / Does Anyone Believe That 3am Is Really The Evil/demon Hour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Not Know What The K-T Boundary Is ? by therationa(m): 10:02pm On Feb 25, 2008
The K-T boundary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%E2%80%93T_boundary) is a layer of sedimentation deposited around 65 million years ago. This layer is very rich in iridium, an element mainly found in asteroid, so this layer, found all over the world is associated with an asteroid impact. It is also associated with mass extinction of animals and plants. In fact, the dinosaurs are thought to have been killed off by the consequences of the impact at that time.

Re: Does Anyone Not Know What The K-T Boundary Is ? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 25, 2008
Another ex eventu explanation

The same accusation leveled against Prophesies in the Bible.
Re: Does Anyone Not Know What The K-T Boundary Is ? by 4Him(m): 10:21pm On Feb 25, 2008
imhotep:

sometimes you wonder about their sanity at times.
They ask us to prove Noah's flood ever occured and here they are telling us about events that happened 65m yrs ago as if they were there and had any proof.
Re: Does Anyone Not Know What The K-T Boundary Is ? by therationa(m): 10:24pm On Feb 25, 2008
4Him:

They ask us to prove Noah's flood ever occured and here they are telling us about events that happened 65m years ago as if they were there and had any proof.

You see my point about not understanding science. You have just made it. Tell me, can you stand at a scientific conference and say "I was not there so I cannot prove it" I beg-oh, go talk to you scientist mother and father make them teach you something.
Re: Does Anyone Not Know What The K-T Boundary Is ? by 4Him(m): 10:31pm On Feb 25, 2008
therationa:

You see my point about not understanding science. You have just made it. Tell me, can you stand at a scientific conference and say "I was not there so I cannot prove it" I beg-oh, go talk to you scientist mother and father make them teach you something.

how can you hypocrite then sit here and tell us that since we were not there the bible stories are false?
Re: Does Anyone Not Know What The K-T Boundary Is ? by therationa(m): 10:35pm On Feb 25, 2008
4Him:

how can you hypocrite then sit here and tell us that since we were not there the bible stories are false?

That has never been our (or my ) criticism of the bible. Other people may have but I have never said that. I know better to provide that kind of criticism.
Re: Does Anyone Not Know What The K-T Boundary Is ? by jgirl3: 10:50pm On Feb 25, 2008
Yes I know what the K-T boundary is. We create human gadgets to tell us what date something happened. What's to say that dating materials are accurate? just because they can detect correctly within hundreds of years doesn't mean that it's accurate for longer periods.
Re: Does Anyone Not Know What The K-T Boundary Is ? by KAG: 11:04pm On Feb 25, 2008
imhotep:

It's absolutely nothing like that.

j-girl:

Yes I know what the K-T boundary is. We create human gadgets to tell us what date something happened. What's to say that dating materials are accurate? just because they can detect correctly within hundreds of years doesn't mean that it's accurate for longer periods.

Repetitive testing: of both the chemistry involved and the datings. Independent tests and testing methods showing the same range.

4Him:

They ask us to prove Noah's flood ever occured and here they are telling us about events that happened 65m years ago as if they were there and had any proof.

There's evidence. That's usually counts for a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft / Whose Track Record Is This? / SHOCKING!!! - Nigeria's "bad Image" Now Changing Overseas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.