Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? (1025 Views)

15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / How Do You Feel When Your Husband Spends Most Of His Time Glued To His Phone? / Celebrating Birthdays For February 29th Born Family Member? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by babadey(m): 12:44am On Jan 09, 2013
I have sympathised with many,showed condolences too. I never knew what they felt,how they felt it until today when I lost my dear elder brother jome fondly called jay jay at the age of 31 to illness. The more I go back to memory lane,I keep on crying,what makes me cry the more is the tears coming from my mum, couldn't stand it, So, I had to pick up my phone and listen to elvis presley to ease me. I have never cried deeply in my life like this to the extent of having headache. MY MESSAGE TO YOU (jayjay):I will miss you jay jay,u should have stayed strong to fight death for us especially for mummy but I know you did,I will always luv you,my jayjay. Rest my blood,rest my friend,rest in peace Jome.sad

Remember yours today and send a heart felt message to him/her.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by kudiice(m): 12:57am On Jan 09, 2013
It was a feeling of betrayal by death, but then death visits evryone! Loosing ma dad was twice da pain of a woman in labour! I pray dat all lost souls rest in peace!
Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by Gambrosia: 1:08am On Jan 09, 2013
Devastated.
Lost.
Helpless.
Lonely.
Sad.
Tearful.
I LOST WEIGHT!

Then I pull through. . . DEATH MEANT ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO ME AFTER THAT. I don't fear death ANYMORE! kiss

With that one occurence. . . I had no more worries about the unknown. kiss

R.I.P daddy! You are the my one true FIRST LOVE. . . NO MAN CAN FILL THOSE SHOES! kiss

Your little princess! cool

I don't feel any pain. . . It is alright now. kiss LIFE IS GOOD! HE HAS LEFT NIGERIA FOR A BETTER RESTING PLACE!

Gosh! I will forever hate that country called Nigeria! angry
Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by Ivynwa(f): 2:55am On Jan 09, 2013
Oh dear! Indeed it's only when it happens to one that one realizes the magnitude of the pain. Do accept my sympathy bros and console ur mum pls. Nothing hurts like that.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by greatgod2012(f): 5:14am On Jan 09, 2013
Gambrosia: Devastated.
Lost.
Helpless.
Lonely.
Sad.
Tearful.
I LOST WEIGHT!

Then I pull through. . . DEATH MEANT ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO ME AFTER THAT. I don't fear death ANYMORE! kiss

With that one occurence. . . I had no more worries about the unknown. kiss

R.I.P daddy! You are the my one true FIRST LOVE. . . NO MAN CAN FILL THOSE SHOES! kiss

Your little princess! cool

I don't feel any pain. . . It is alright now. kiss LIFE IS GOOD! HE HAS LEFT NIGERIA FOR A BETTER RESTING PLACE!

Gosh! I will forever hate that country called Nigeria! angry

why? Was Nigeria responsible for your dad's death?
Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by babadey(m): 8:26am On Jan 09, 2013
Ivynwa: Oh dear! Indeed it's only when it happens to one that one realizes the magnitude of the pain. Do accept my sympathy bros and console ur mum pls. Nothing hurts like that.

Thx. Children are really the joy of motherhood, He will be released from the hospital today by 12pm.

@gambrosia.. Exactly,what I felt.

@greatgod2012... She has her reason(s),pls. Let's don't pick on others.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 09, 2013
@ Poste

SO sorry for your loss. May God give you and your family the Grace to endure through it all.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by slimyem: 8:48am On Jan 09, 2013
I lost her about 10 years ago..
I didn't believe it at first.
I didn't think someone that amazing could die just like that.
I hated this world..
I just thought God was a wicked one to have taken away such a sweet person.
But i'm thankful for the closely-knit family i had and still have.We pulled ourselves together and we helped one another through the time.
Its been hard but we can smile now.
She lived a good life and left us with beautiful memories.smiley

Op,Its okay to grieve for as long as you want.
I just hope you too will look back at this time and smile someday.smiley

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by greatgod2012(f): 9:17am On Jan 09, 2013
baba dey:

Thx. Children are really the joy of motherhood, He will be released from the hospital today by 12pm.

@greatgod2012... She has her reason(s),pls. Let's don't pick on others.

pls, im not picking on her, im only been curious.

Meanwhile, sorry for your loss, i also lost a sister of mine 4 years ago, and d memory of her still linger till now, we even thought our mum wont live beyond a month after d incidence, but thank God now, we are having reasn to smile again.
So, @op, try and console your mum, tell her she is not d only one passing thru what you pple are passing thru.
May God give you d fortitude to bear d loss.
Accept my condolence.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by Gambrosia: 11:05am On Jan 09, 2013
greatgod2012:

why? Was Nigeria responsible for your dad's death?

He should have been born an AMERICAN! HE WAS TOOOOOOOOOOOOO POLISHED FOR SUCH A JUNGLE! kiss
Being born in Nigeria. . . .and living in Nigeria can kill anyone.
Thank my Agnostic GOD he lived till 66. HE REFUSED TO LEAVE the gaddam place! NO SCHOOLS, NO ROAD, NO WATER, NO HEALTHCARE, NO JOBS. . . NOTHING FOR CHILDREN AND ELDERLY TO ENJOY LIFE!!! angry

The average lifespan is now 52 and getting lower.

Nigeria is NOT conducive for human living! JUST GLAD I HAVE ONLY MY MOM THERE WHO ALSO REFUSES TO GET THE HECK OUT OF THERE!!! When her Igbo-Catholic God calls her in her own time, I CAN SAY GOODBYE FOREVER TO THE PHOCKING PLACE!!! kiss

WHAT A PHOCKING C/U/N/TRY!!! angry
Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by Gambrosia: 11:07am On Jan 09, 2013
baba dey:

It is well. I had some peace from it. . . ONE LESS PERSON TO WORRY ABOUT IN NIGERIA OF A LAND OF WRETCHES!!! kiss
I learned something from it.
WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU. . . MAKES YOU STRONGER. His love has made me STRONGER.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED THAT MAN!!!! cry

Fear no more. . . your brother is resting! No more wahala for him! kiss

It is tough when a parent buries a child!
All part of the trials of life.

WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER.

If I did not die when my darling PAPA did. . . NOTHING WILL KILL ME BUT NATURAL CAUSES I SWEAR! kiss
Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by tasandra: 11:42am On Jan 09, 2013
Eyaaa Op,soo sorry abt ur broda..pls do take hrt ur mum is lookin up to u nw,may almighty God console her..may the good LORD keep the rest of u ppl safe Amen..
Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by serubawon(m): 2:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
My sympathies on the loss of your brother. There's no explaining why things like this happen. They just happen. You can't blame God, He's the creator. Without Him, you can't exist. However, the long and short of it all is that life continues, even after terrible things occur in our lives.

I lost my late wife to sickness 8 years ago. It was like the whole world stopped and ended on that day. I have 2 kids and I had to raise them on my own. For 8 years, I've been un-married and never thought I could ever meet anyone who could make me feel the way I felt then. However, God is loving and kind and after such a long time, I met someone who makes me feel happy again.

You can read my story on the following thread: https://www.nairaland.com/20511/adjusting-life-widower. I hope you can find solace and encouragement in my journey. I can tell you for a fact though, one day....you will smile again. Remain blessed.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by Winneygirl(f): 3:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
What U feel, some of us have felt.
And no one can undrstand Ur pain.
Just God.
Only God.
Because dis period, He's all U can hold on to.
U will need a lot of strength 2go thru dis. Only God can give U dat strength.

Pray in Ur heart. Let every breath U take be a breath of prayer.
Breath.
Pray...
Be strong.
Pray.
Because He knows Ur pain.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by babadey(m): 10:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ujujoan: @ Poste

SO sorry for your loss. May God give you and your family the Grace to endure through it all.

Thx. Amen
Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by babadey(m): 10:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
slimyem: I lost her about 10 years ago..
I didn't believe it at first.
I didn't think someone that amazing could die just like that.
I hated this world..
I just thought God was a wicked one to have taken away such a sweet person.
But i'm thankful for the closely-knit family i had and still have.We pulled ourselves together and we helped one another through the time.
Its been hard but we can smile now.
She lived a good life and left us with beautiful memories.smiley

Op,Its okay to grieve for as long as you want.
I just hope you too will look back at this time and smile someday.smiley

I have stopped grieving cos if I still do, who will comfort my mum and sisters?. Yeah, I will smile when looking back. I can see how strong ur heart is now. Thanks a million.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by babadey(m): 10:38pm On Jan 09, 2013
greatgod2012:

pls, im not picking on her, im only been curious.

Meanwhile, sorry for your loss, i also lost a sister of mine 4 years ago, and d memory of her still linger till now, we even thought our mum wont live beyond a month after d incidence, but thank God now, we are having reasn to smile again.
So, @op, try and console your mum, tell her she is not d only one passing thru what you pple are passing thru.

May God give you d fortitude to bear d loss.
Accept my condolence.

Oh,sorry I misunderstood you. Thanks alot
Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by babadey(m): 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2013
tasandra: Eyaaa Op,soo sorry abt ur broda..pls do take hrt ur mum is lookin up to u nw,may almighty God console her..may the good LORD keep the rest of u ppl safe Amen..

Amen. Thx,I'm grateful
Re: How Did You Feel When You Lost One Of Your Nuclear Family Member To DEATH? by babadey(m): 10:50pm On Jan 09, 2013
@ serubawon... Ehya,I'm so sorry. You are a strong man. I feel you and thanks a lot.

@winneygirl. Thanks a lot. I'm already coming over it.

(1) (Reply)

Gtbank.scamalerts / Are Nigeria Police Really POLICE As Being Defined By Dictionary? / Nigerian’s First Choice Fumigation Services Company: BEDBUG TERMINATOR-CHOGON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.