Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,750 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) (32818 Views)

Who Else Got This From Akwa Ibom State University(aksu) / Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom Water Corporation / Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by Nextworldnx(m): 6:39am On Jan 09, 2013
Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following academic staff positions on full-time basis, in the Faculties/Departments listed below:

A.) FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
Department of Agric. Economics and Extension
Department of Animal Science
Department of Crop Science
Department of Soil Science

B.) FACULTY OF ARTS
Department of English and Literary Studies
Department of History and International Studies
Department of Religious and Cultural Studies
Department of Philosophy
Department of Performing (Theatre) Arts
Department of Mass Communication

C.) FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Department of Education Science
Education/Biology
Education/Chemistry
Education/Integrated Science
Education/Mathematics
Education/Physics

D.) FACULTY OF OCEANOGRAPHY AND NAVAL ARCHITECTURE
Department of Marine Engineering
Department of Oceanography
Department of Marine Transportation

E.) FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Department of Computer Science
Department of Mathematics/Statistics - (Statistics)

F.) FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
Department of Agricultural Engineering
Department of Chemical /Petrochemical Engineering
Department of Civil Engineering
Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Department of Mechanical Engineering

G.) FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Department of Accounting
Department of Business Administration
Department of Economics
Department of Marketing
Department of Political Science
Department of Public Administration

We are currently recruiting to fill the following vacant positions:

1.) PROFESSOR

QUALIFICATION
Ph.D degree with specialization in the discipline applied for;
Evidence of academic leadership through considerable research and administrative experience and quality publications;
At least, 12 (twelve) years of post-qualification full-time relevant teaching and research experience.

REMUNERATION: CONPASS 07

2.) READER

QUALIFICATION
Evidence of academic leadership though considerable research and development experience and quality publication
At least 9 (nine) years post-qualification full-time relevant teaching and research experience

REMUNERATION: CONPASS 06

3.) LECTURER II

QUALIFICATION
PhD degree from a reputable University in an appropriate area of specialization.
Evidence of interest in research possibly, with some postdoctoral research experience

REMUNERATION: CONPASS 03

4.) LECTURER I

QUALIFICATION
PhD degree from a reputable University in an appropriate area of specialization with a minimum of 3 (three) years post- qualification experience in a University or Research Institute
Evidence of scholarship through acceptable academic standard publications.

REMUNERATION: CONPASS 04

5.) SENIOR LECTURER

QUALIFICATION
At least 6 (six) years post-qualification relevant teaching experience, along with quality publications

REMUNERATION: CONPASS 05

General
The AKSU salary package is as applicable in all Nigerian Universities, as approved under the ASUU- Federal Government Agreement. Other allowances and Conditions of Service are as approved by the Governing Council from time to time.

DUE DATE: 20th January, 2013

TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates for each position should submit 10 copies of applications, photocopies of credentials, and other valid documents, accompanied by Curriculum Vitae organized as follows:

Full names with surname in capitals
Sex
Date of Birth
Nationality
State/Local Government/Town of origin
Marital status
Number, names and ages of children
Post desired, and Faculty/Department
Current Postal Address
GSM Phone Number & E-mail address
Permanent home address
Institutions attended with dates
Academic qualifications with dates
List of publications with dates

Working experience
Present Employment: employer, status,
Membership of professional bodies
Academic honours and distinctions
Extracurricular activities

Names and address of 3 (three) referees, 2 of whom must be authorities in candidates field of study, and who should forward reports directly to the Registrar, Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU)

All applications should be clearly marked with the Position/Department applied, on the envelope, and addressed to:

The Registrar,
Akwa Ibom State University,
(Main Campus) - Ikot Akpaden,
Mkpat Enin Local Government,
Akwa Ibom State

Note: Retired Professors and Readers who may be interested to take up contract appointment, may also apply.

Source:
www.nextjobsfile..com

3 Likes

Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by Raxxye(m): 6:58am On Jan 09, 2013
Thanks for the info.
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by pato405(m): 9:23pm On Jan 10, 2013
please is anyone in Uyo here on the forum to assist with taking an application pack down. I cant risk it being missing in Nipost transit o! grin
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by Braimoh100(m): 3:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
breaking news
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 14, 2013
New uni I guess
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by ghettodreamz(m): 3:40pm On Jan 14, 2013
Me be hermaphrodite ooooo, hope I still fit in for any of those vacancies? gringringrin

Na where all these job hunters dem de sef? I de very sure say na Tonto Dicke thread dem go de, de gossip where something wey concern dem pataki de here, dem no go come oooooo. Chai! gringringrin

@OP; thanks for sharing... Chop knuckle grin

4 Likes

Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by decrox199(m): 3:44pm On Jan 14, 2013
I believe those vacancies will b strictly for indigenes...very tribal a state!

1 Like

Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by epmmiks: 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2013
No ICT ?
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by olubode01(m): 3:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
Can graduate assistant appy? I really have flare for lecturing.

1 Like

Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by rexfada(m): 3:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
Seems There's no slot for graduate assistants.
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by DMainMan: 4:00pm On Jan 14, 2013
In this life, u just have to do what u think is right after careful evaluation. Never do anything to please another person at the detriment of you.

In fact, I don’t know the rule of success but the rule of failure is to trying to please everyone which u can never achieve as u ar bound to failure.

U ar important, valuable and deserve people respecting your informed decision.

The attached pix further demonstrate the goings-on in our society.

1 Like

Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by Remzolution: 4:07pm On Jan 14, 2013
decrox199: I believe those vacancies will b strictly for indigenes...very tribal a state!
why r u so shallow in thinking? How well do u knw AKS that u should bring in d issue of tribalism? Maybe it's ur little trick in dissuading more qualified applicants than urself 4rm applying...if d latter isn't true abt u, then u r jst another bad yam! Mtcheeeew!

3 Likes

Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by NnamdiN: 4:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
pato405: please is anyone in Uyo here on the forum to assist with taking an application pack down. I cant risk it being missing in Nipost transit o! grin
AKSU is not in uyo. Its quite far from uyo
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by Konnektions146(m): 4:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
pato405: please is anyone in Uyo here on the forum to assist with taking an application pack down. I cant risk it being missing in Nipost transit o! grin
the place is far from Uyo, funny enough, there are not direct vehicle , u either join the staff bus from uyo or yu take a taxi to mkpat-enin/ukam area and then finish up.

check their website, there should be a liaison office somewhere in Uyo.

good luck
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by searay(m): 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
Nto Akwa Ibom enim Okuk oooo.
Toyo ke mkpo State Secondary ke eke kama okuk enam oooo.
Isongho idem ooooo

5 Likes

Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by koolg: 4:29pm On Jan 14, 2013
Seems only phd holders qualify
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by Tmum: 4:42pm On Jan 14, 2013
decrox199: I believe those vacancies will b strictly for indigenes...very tribal a state!
u r xo wrong.....
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by ujukala: 4:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
See the likely questions you will be asked. Properly compiled.
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by decrox199(m): 5:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
Remzolution: why r u so shallow in thinking? How well do u knw AKS that u should bring in d issue of tribalism? Maybe it's ur little trick in dissuading more qualified applicants than urself 4rm applying...if d latter isn't true abt u, then u r jst another bad yam! Mtcheeeew!
stfu u slowpoke...lemme put It straight τ̅☺ u dat m quite familiar wit happenings over dia including cross river,u guys will do anythn τ̅☺ screen out aspirants dat is not fm Ɣ☺ΰr syd in a mere Union election let alone getting employed in a state owned institution..u guys are just too tribalistic..take It or leave It!
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by Remzolution: 5:38pm On Jan 14, 2013
decrox199: stfu u slowpoke...lemme put It straight τ̅☺ u dat m quite familiar wit happenings over dia including cross river,u guys will do anythn τ̅☺ screen out aspirants dat is not fm Ɣ☺ΰr syd in a mere Union election let alone getting employed in a state owned institution..u guys are just too tribalistic..take It or leave It!
I asked u hw well u knw AKS bt u repeatd d same fing...ur claim is baseless wdout facts! B4 u go on names-calling rampage, in Uniuyo the Igbos and d Yorubas dominate dos posts...d problem wt u is dt u r so incorrigible 2 accept dt a state cud b liberal in issues lyk ds. I dnt blame u, d state of fings in d country alone hs taken a toll on u! My HOD till graduatn was a Yoruba, y dat?

1 Like

Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by searay(m): 5:39pm On Jan 14, 2013
decrox199: stfu u slowpoke...lemme put It straight τ̅☺ u dat m quite familiar wit happenings over dia including cross river,u guys will do anythn τ̅☺ screen out aspirants dat is not fm Ɣ☺ΰr syd in a mere Union election let alone getting employed in a state owned institution..u guys are just too tribalistic..take It or leave It!
Grow up boy
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
searay: Nto Akwa Ibom enim Okuk oooo.
Toyo ke mkpo State Secondary ke eke kama okuk enam oooo.
Isongho idem ooooo
afo o? nwod nyin usung ye iko enam.
umu kupo inua, ayem diye me isang ekop?
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by smartg(m): 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
I love this post, am sure in few months 4rm now someone is going to testify for this.
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by Rastamann: 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
I hope NUC is not coming for accreditation soon in Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU)?
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by Anieunam: 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
wat abt M.sc, is it nt among d big boys?
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by Capnd143(m): 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2013

am not an athenian neither am i a greek, am a citizen of the world --Albert einstein if it was for indigines y post the jobs on their[b] website?[/b] Why broadcast on Radio Nigeria?. The spirit of schism has indeed overpowered some 9jarians -- martins ruggers, 2013
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by knockturnal(m): 7:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
You are fool of the highest order, making statements on issues you are ignorant of. Aneke Diok uno fien

1 Like

Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by ignis: 7:42pm On Jan 14, 2013
smartg :
I love this post, am sure in few months 4rm now someone is going to testify for this.
Amen.
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by Curiouscity(m): 8:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
knockturnal:
You are fool of the highest order, making statements on issues you are ignorant of. Aneke Diok uno fien

grin grin grin grin

I wish the guy knows what that means, he would run and ask for 4giveness!!!

BTW, I hope this is not "Obio-Akpa 2005-2006" style of recruitment?
Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by etebomugmailc(m): 8:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
It is a pitiable abysma abysma and regretably lucubrous to know that ppl of your kind still exist in this cosmopolitant planet. Ur argument is irrational and unfounded. Infact, it lacks the substansive corelation to the issue at stake. Be ye transformed by renewing ur mind.

1 Like

Re: Massive Recruitment At Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) by alphaconde(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
So how many Phd holders are on nairaland? Mayb there are but I know this information is useless to most of us. Abi na ma uncle I go show the advert?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oxford Comm. Services Int.l Ltd. / List Of Confirmed Fake Job Venues Updated / CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.