Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) (11045 Views)

Top 10 Next Rated Artistes In Nigeria / Nomoreloss Is Angry With Nigerian Hip Hop Artistes Who Sing Dirty Songs / Fake And Shallow Hip-hop Artistes In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) by playmyjamz: 2:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
FACE, FAME & FATE OF THE NIGERIAN HIP HOP ARTISTES
THE NIGERIAN HIP HOP DISCIPLES

(JULY-DECEMBER, 2012 EDITION)

THE PAST
They were the movers and shakers of the days of their reign. They set the pace, they sacrificed their all, yet they received token as rewards. They were the song on our lips, and role models to many upcoming artistes. Though many of them never won an award, they were celebrated and rated high among their counterparts.

2 Short
Essence
Eedris Abdul-Kareem
Weird MC
Blackface
Bouqui
African China
Freestyle
XProject
Djinee
Jazzman Olofin
YQ

THE OUTGOING
They had once been on the seat; their names are easy to reckon with, but for now, they are just there, nothing else. Though some of them make efforts to keep to the trend, some are in big record labels, some are with good music promoters, they are still not just okay for the present day stardom. There is a very thin line between this category and the present celebrities because many artistes that are in this category are still left in the fantasy of believing that they still control the crowd. My advice for peeps in this category is to sit up; else, they will soon be rated as past celebrities.

9ice
Faze
Olu Maintain
Duncan Mighty
Jaywon
DJZeez
Jah Bless
Klever Jay
AY.Com
Sound Sultan
Goldie
Kween

THE PRESENT
No Loooooong thing! These are the boom! The rave of the moment, the reigning rulers, the talk of the industry, the club’s delight…I beg, let’s just put it on a low key. Like you all know, it could be very easy to walk to stardom, the main thing is your ability to sustain the fame and keep the fire blazing. Come on! These guys are super hot; if you can’t beat them, please don’t bite them.

(1)WhizKid (Hottest Kid)
(2)Davido (Beefed by many, but still on top)
(3)PSquare (Busy making cool money)
(4)2Face (Legendary Baba)
(5)Flavour (The flavor of any collabo)
(6)Iyanya (Waist crooner)
(7)D’Banj (D’banj O yato)
(coolTiwa Savage (Super sexy sisi)
(9)Olamide (Mr. First of all…Baadoooo!)
(10)Ice Prince (Super-Star Aboki)
(11)Timaya (King of commercial)
(12)May D (Hmmm…Ile Ijo toh badt)

THE FUTURE (?)

Whose cap fits here in the next 6 months? Who knows? It may be from the PAST, the OUTGOING or the PRESENT. Share your comments peeps…

N.B. This is just the list, click the link below to see the pictures and the list of the real Nigerian Hip Hip Disciples in 2012.

Source1: http://blog.playmyjamz.com/?p=240 (JULY-DECEMBER, 2012 EDITION)
Source2: http://blog.playmyjamz.com/?p=45 (JANUARY-JUNE 2012 EDITION))

1 Like

Re: List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) by sdepanace(m): 7:29am On Jan 10, 2013
Nice concept, good one!
Re: List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) by Jimmygoldent: 10:10am On Jan 11, 2013
Hmmmm!!!! This is so touching to me as the way life dey run him things. Nevertheless let's all watch out who will be the new name in everybodies lips.... Really waiting cos the people on top right now ain't sleeping....

Dammy krane (Dammy krane 4 D girls),
Jimmy Gold (Oju ti ri crooner),
opzy (opzy to Gba trophy by samklef),
T-money (Kabo si area crooner)

Some of this new guys which will run this year by the grace of God cos they are so trying with great music. Let's all watch out.
Re: List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) by sdepanace(m): 12:17pm On Jan 11, 2013
@Jimmy, apart from Dammy Krane, I don't think I know or have heard about the three other guys you mentioned. That means they really need to pray and work hard for a miracle in the industry this year. Remember, a lot of guys are 'para-ing' in the music industry this year; they really want to BLOW.
Re: List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) by hypenation: 12:39pm On Jan 11, 2013
The new names or let me say the future of rap music are:
1. Young Joe C
anyone that has heard his single My WAy will surely testify to this,he raps smoother and better than most overhyped veterans in the music industry
2. Kida Kudz
He won the peak talent show season 3 and has drop some nice singles(kosere ni moscow,sho ti gbo) but he needs to work on his delivery-sounding like lil wayne will get him nowhere
3. Yung6ix
aka the king of the south. His music is sweet and fresh but i wonder what he is still doing in the underground scene,just 2 words to you man "STOP SLEEPING!"
Mark my words
Young Joe C
&
Yung6ix
will be invading the industry and when they do,they will be unstoppable
Re: List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) by sdepanace(m): 1:08pm On Jan 11, 2013
hypenation:
2. Kida Kudz
He won the peak talent show season 3 and has drop some nice singles(kosere ni moscow,sho ti gbo) but he needs to work on his delivery-sounding like lil wayne will get him nowhere
Who told you that sounding like Lil-Wayne will get him nowhere? Vector sounds very much like Jay Z, yet he is somewhere. It works for several other artistes too. At first, you may have to sound like someone else before you discover your true voice.
Re: List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) by Jimmygoldent: 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2013
@S.depanace Ma friend I will like u to pls kindly go and google and search for this guys with there tracks. Tho it's not easy when u are not on a good label or have a better way of promoting.

Jimmy Gold - Oju ti ri

http://www.hulkshare.com/cfby70c4zy0w

Opzy - Yoruba rap ti gba ijo ba

T-money - ka Bo si area

These guys are fucking good, I can fucking bet u about Jimmy Gold he is a very creative artist, I bet u will recommend him to others.
Re: List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) by sdepanace(m): 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
Jimmygoldent: @S.depanace Ma friend I will like u to pls kindly go and google and search for this guys with there tracks. Tho it's not easy when u are not on a good label or have a better way of promoting.

Jimmy Gold - Oju ti ri

http://www.hulkshare.com/cfby70c4zy0w

Opzy - Yoruba rap ti gba ijo ba

T-money - ka Bo si area

These guys are fucking good, I can fucking bet u about Jimmy Gold he is a very creative artist, I bet u will recommend
him to others.

Now I can see from my google search that you are actually the Jimmy Gold tongue
Re: List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) by oddy4real(m): 8:21am On Jan 12, 2013
9ice's last double albums sold out, he had a SOLD OUT solo concert at Expo Centre on March 11 last year and things are going on well for him, yet you opine that he is 'finished' and 'overrated'
That he doesn't do fake hype and promo like all your noise making artistes doent make him 'finished'.
Re: List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) by amblors(m): 9:16am On Jan 12, 2013
@OP how do u define hiphop?
Re: List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) by sdepanace(m): 9:40am On Jan 12, 2013
oddy4real: 9ice's last double albums sold out, he had a SOLD OUT solo concert at Expo Centre on March 11 last year and things are going on well for him, yet you opine that he is 'finished' and 'overrated'
That he doesn't do fake hype and promo like all your noise making artistes doent make him 'finished'.
How on earth could the word 'outgoing' be synonymous with 'finish'. Guy, go check your dictionary well well. What you call SOLD OUT may be red alert to the artiste. The fact that you and your friends with other few fans bought an album doesn't guarantee SOLD OUT or success of an album. Then, know this today, there is nothing like fake publicity...every artiste needs to be nice to the media. If they don't talk about you, it is either you are dead or a living dead body. Any question?
Re: List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) by sdepanace(m): 9:45am On Jan 12, 2013
amblors: @OP how do u define hiphop?
The last time I Checked, Hip Hop is the lame of any person, animal, place of tins.
Re: List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) by sdepanace(m): 7:11pm On Jan 12, 2013
@OP why is Olumaintain among the outgoing artistes? Any genuine reason pls?
Re: List Of The Past, Outgoing & Present Hip Hop Artistes In Nigeria (overrated) by sdepanace(m): 4:33pm On Jan 13, 2013
Mr.NAWTI is hot, so so hot!

(1) (Reply)

Gulder Ultimate Search(gus) Theme Song / D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts / Amoshine - 'Accolades' (Official Video) Ft. Wonda Tha Hypeman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.