Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:23 PM

Lagosians Act Like "Chickens"!!! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lagosians Act Like "Chickens"!!! (648 Views)

Who Are The True Lagosians? The Yorubas, Igbos Or The Benins? / Eyo Festival 2011. Calling All Happy Lagosians / Would You Act Like Okonkwo? - When Things Fall Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosians Act Like "Chickens"!!! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
I'm sure there are lots of nairalanders that have been robbed in traffic (either as a car owner or u were caught up in the robbery festival)! The problem i find hard to comprehend is that Lagosians, in particular, will turn a blind eye when they see a robbery event taking place in traffic even if the person being robbed is sitting in the car next to theirs undecided. I have been robbed 2ce in traffic (1st was on 3rd mainland bridge at abt 7.30pm and the 2nd was in front of nitel building near govt house along marina by 7.30am...i mean 7.30am angry ...and to make d case worse, i was robbed by a baba (i call him dat cos he looked like he was in his early 50s but was smelling of weed and kaikai and also had a gun cry. When i was being robbed, all i noticed was other car occupants quickly closed their door windows & drove away from my car even in the tight traffic.

Is it that Lagosians prefer to mind their own business or that they are not bold enough to stand for one another in time of need or simply put, that Lagosians are just chickens!!!

I can't imagine this scene taking place in Onitsha or Aba, ppl will roast u with their spare tires.
Re: Lagosians Act Like "Chickens"!!! by Seun(m): 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
wise_many2k: and also had a gun
Guns make people at like chickens. Nobody wants to die.
Re: Lagosians Act Like "Chickens"!!! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
Seun: Guns make people at like chickens. Nobody wants to die.

I know....but how many ppl can dey take on if a crowd standup to them? Proper check will tell you that they only rob cars wit 1 or 2 occupants
Re: Lagosians Act Like "Chickens"!!! by Seun(m): 9:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
wise_many2k: I know....but how many ppl can dey take on if a crowd standup to them? Proper check will tell you that they only rob cars wit 1 or 2 occupants
With a gun involved, some people in such a crowd will die before the robbers can be stopped.
Re: Lagosians Act Like "Chickens"!!! by ifyalways(f): 10:02pm On Jan 09, 2013
Lagos na the world headquarters of OYO. On your own, guy.
Kpele
Re: Lagosians Act Like "Chickens"!!! by slimyem: 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
This op is funny....
That kain busy body nor dey adviceable my brother else you die like that chicken wey you call Lagosians.
Better to be a live chicken than to be a dead one.
No sense in carrying person load for head con dey pull your own for hand,
In Lagos,you are strictly O.Y.O.
Nor look face..nor wait for anybarry!!!
Re: Lagosians Act Like "Chickens"!!! by Rocktation(f): 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2013
Exactly. Honestly, I would think thrice before taking a bullet for my own, not to talk of someone I don't know....and the fact that their other members might be around the corner. undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Ideato Senior Staff Forum Holds Her Maiden Seminar / Have You Ever Been Scammed In Your Country? Narrate Your Experience(s). / Enjoy 2 Weeks Of Cinema At The French Cultural Center Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.