Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

I Want To Build My Website! Help! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Want To Build My Website! Help! (3665 Views)

Need Someone To Help Build My Website / Suggest Me A Domain Name For My Website !! [help] / Who Can Help Secure My Website? Help Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Build My Website! Help! by Padonet(m): 1:42pm On Feb 26, 2008
Pls what will it take me to build a website i.e which items do i need to build a website myself?

plss
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by my2cents(m): 6:54pm On Feb 26, 2008
Basically, all you need to **build** a website is the following:

1) text editor. You can anything from notepad to dreamweaver to homesite to textpad to whatever.

2) Knowledge of HTML for starters. After you master that, you move to XHTML, CSS and JAVAScript, in that order

3) Once you are done with 3, you can then move on the building dynamic sites for which you will need to know ASP, JSP, PHP, etc

Anyone have anything else? Please add.

Thanks,
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by Padonet(m): 7:24am On Feb 27, 2008
But i discovered i dont need to learn all that. With tridomain host, i can build a website with their easy to use website builder and launch it on the web, What do you think?
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by kazey(m): 8:41am On Feb 27, 2008
I think that was the idea in the first place to promote tridomain? Right? Cool cheesy
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by my2cents(m): 10:53am On Feb 27, 2008
lol kazey, good one.

padonet:
When you let something/someone else do something for you, how do you learn? Besides, you lose the control that you would get if you built it yourself.
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by Padonet(m): 12:23pm On Feb 27, 2008
The idea was not to promote tridomain host. I only came accross their website and i tot i could comfortably use it to build a website without learning html. I want to know, is it possible?
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by digi101(m): 12:31pm On Feb 27, 2008
You also have to keep in mind that the process of building a website is not just about "BUILDING & DESIGN". For your website to qualify as functional it must have the following:

Intresting content (Value proposition for visitors)
Functionality
Aesthetics

Wether you build it with templates, hand coding or your web host sitebuilder is really a minute issue in the scheme of things, and less i forget nice promotion strategy grin, i wonder what kindda traffic that was worth cool wink
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by Padonet(m): 1:10pm On Feb 27, 2008
I was not trying to promote tridomainhost afterall their are so many of them online like blue voda and so on. I found blue voda very convinient but i dont have a credit card to make online payments cos i had to pay some things. I know their are many in nigeria but tridomain is the only one i can remember now and i just wanted to know if anyone here has used it before so i can learn to use it faster. So forgive me if it seems like i am promoting tridomain. Just wanna learn.
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by Padonet(m): 9:47pm On Feb 27, 2008
Still need a teacher though, Any website teacher here
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by bakenda(m): 3:17pm On Feb 28, 2008
I think there is a sticky thread here on "HTML fo Beginners".
You can approach it from page1.
LOL
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by sahaya: 8:31am On Jun 09, 2011
you can build website using templates. i got my site build through the templates only. its the easiest way to build a site. when building a site through templates there is no need for any language skills. try this method. hope it might help you. i got the templates from this site http://www.tucktail.com/ to build my site.
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by ragdollz: 9:31am On Jun 09, 2011
You don't need to know html to build websites, all you need is a Web design software like Dreamweaver. It's good to know some elementary markup language tho' so you can tweak stuff from the codes. Get a nice foreign book on web design to get you going, and of course, check the NL archives. In any case you need time, creativity and determination to get even the simplest site going.
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by mo50(m): 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2011
you don't really need the knowledge of Html or any website creation basics.to make things easy for you,I'll advice that you use either www.bluehost.com or www.hostgator.com to host and build your website because they have one of the best site builders in the web hosting industry.and if you want an e-commerce site,I'll advice you use www.ipage.com.this is because they have proven to be one of the best in the e-commerce business.good luck in your site creation.
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by gabuzee(m): 1:50pm On Jun 10, 2011
Go for DreamWeaver its Pretty Good, but its good you learn the basics of HTML.
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by fd4all234(m): 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2011
@poster, the best software to use as a beginner is dreamweaver, i want you to understand that all hosting package comes with free web builder.

If u dont ve the ideal how will u use those web builder.
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by WebSurfer(m): 5:43am On Jun 11, 2011
although i had knowlegde of micromedia dreamweaver, fireworks, swishmax, and so on but i didnt use any of them,
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by WebSurfer(m): 5:45am On Jun 11, 2011
and let me ask, what kind of site do you want to create
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by WebSurfer(m): 6:45am On Jun 11, 2011
see my process link here. right now am on adding forums to my site https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-677773.32.html#msg8497745
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by fd4all234(m): 10:22am On Jun 11, 2011
@WebSurfer u said u ve knowledge of micromedia dreamweaver, fireworks, swishmax and u dnt use it or u u mean u ve never done any animation and flash design, if u ve done any what do u use then,
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by Nnathiena: 10:44am On Apr 21, 2015
The secret to a successful business - it's a good idea. But a lot of ideas can be simplified, for example by using project management in marketing ( http://www.comindware.com/solutions/marketing-project-management/ )
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2015
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by baratech: 10:11pm On Dec 05, 2020
Take your business online! Any type of website you need:
✅ Company Website
✅ School Website
✅ Courier Website
✅ Agro/Food Website
✅ Any type of Blog site (start your own blog, and start making money).

I also offer bulk email and bulk sms services.

Call/Whatsapp: 08117506291
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by namo77: 11:25am On Jan 12, 2021
Any type of website you need, contact this guys... They're the best.... And they treat you and talk to you with so much patience, calmness and understanding... They don't charge much, but you're get a very good website...

Check the image for their contacts
Re: I Want To Build My Website! Help! by Greatzzy(m): 10:10am On Apr 15, 2022
You can build website yourself without having to pay anyone. I can help, dm me on whatsapp

(1) (Reply)

What Is Sidmach Technologies Nigeria Limited Doing? / Download My Free Ebook On How To Create And Monetize Free Blog / I Want To Sell A Facebook Page With 17,500 Likes. Come In To Buy It Now -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.