Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,818 members, 7,820,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE (41316 Views)

China Importation Training Course-free Info Inside! / HELP! !!how Can I Invest With My Liberty Reserve Cash Apart From Forex Trading? / !!b!!!!!!!bbbb!!!!!!!bbb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by wisemanj(m): 11:59pm On Jul 14, 2013
where can i good forex tradin site without downloadin meta4
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by kasonud(m): 4:46am On Jul 17, 2013
surveycash2: Lesson 14 - Understanding forexfactory terms

In lesson 13 (page 10), we introduced fundamental analysis as one of the techniques of predicting the forex market and went ahead to give example of some sites where we could get fundamental announcements. Some these sites are bloomberg, Reuters, CNN, fxstreet, forex peace army, forex factory etc.

Among the sites, forex factory (ff) is one of the widely used. For this reason, we are going to study it as tool for our fundamental analysis.

FF uses some terms which are pertinent to understanding how the site works. Some of these terms are;

1. Forecas[/b]t - This is a consensus figure given by a group of traders btw 20 -240 about a particular news to be released. News organisation like Reuters and Bloomberg conduct a survey to find out what traders think. They take the average of the result and call it '[b]the forecast'

2. Actua[/b]l - The 'actual' is the actual figure that is released at the time scheduled for the particular news event.

[b]3. Deviation
- The difference btw the actual and the forecast is called the deviation. Every news has a minimum deviation o attain in order to trigger a trade.

4. Detail - The 'detail' gives full info about any news event. It tells you about the source of the news, the frequency, the effect on the economy and why traders care about it.

4. Impact - This measures the degree of the news effect on the particular currency. The impact could be high (red), medium (orange), low (yellow) or no impact (white). We are only interested in the high impact news.

EXAMPLE

We are going to look at[b]AUD Unemployment Rate[/b] to be released on Thursday 11, July 2013 by 2:30am. You dont need to know about the news prior to the moment you want to trade. Just click on the folder DETAIL to study it 30mins to the release time.

Once you click on DETAIL, you should be interested in what the news MEASURES[/b]and the [b]USUAL EFFECT.

Here is the general formula

Actual > Forecast = Good for currency, so BUY

Actual < Forecast = Bad for currency, so SELL

The reverse is the case for news that have NEGATIVE effect on the economy e.g UNemployment rate.

fig 14.1 - AUD Unemployment Rate

fig 14.2 - Click DETAIL so see more info

fig 14.3 - Take a look at what it MEASURES & USUAL EFFECT

I will stop here for now so you can take this home. Oya write..

Assignment;

1. What currency pair will you trade for this NEWS and why?

2. what you will do if;

a. Actual > Forecast

b. Actual < Forecast
c. Actual = Forecast

Submit 1st thing tomorrow morning. smiley
Oga is the time in this site corresponding with the local time?

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by surveycash2: 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2013
kasonud: Oga is the time in this site corresponding with the local time?

No. It's 6hours behind Nigerian Time.
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
surveycash2:

Your question inspired lesson 14. Hope it is answered now? Sorry for the late response.
My surveycash moniker was banned and have been waiting for the release to post.
surveycash2:

perfectly answered sir... i apprec8
You need a means of Identification for future purposes (not for forex alone) and I think driver's licence should not be tough to get. How do you cash checks?
Yes, you can use Mastercard on some brokers that accept our cards like ifcmarkets, xemarkets. Alternatively, liteforex and fxopen have funding options in naira. Just check them out.

i will do just that,hopefully next monnth by HIS Grace... thanks..
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2013
it depends on the trader type... this is what i will do.
its a negative news and a positive (actual - forcast)... so - (times) + = -, bad for Aud..
i will take a short(sell) position for currency with AUD as first currency in the pair, and for which the is now news in focus for the 2nd currency, so the wont be confusion.. (news neutral 2nd currency), and place a stop sell little below current price before impact plus a tight trailing stop, i may also employ a news fadeout effect about 20mins after the release, in the opposite direction as my initial position...

the reverse goes for a pair with AUD as 2nd currency..(an initial buy and a fadeout sell)
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
bolaji4u20: Plz survacash I do love to meet u one on one one day for real lecture hv being trying to get the types of ppl like u over 10 gud yrs. Bt all my efort is no
i have never met any forex trade physical before except for an ex-trade who is a kind secretive, i meet all my mentors online, here on nairaland.. if you want lern, u can learn, as i am, i believe am gettin g better at it, download e-book, watch youtube video of fx,and follow the trend of what you are thought and you read, i believe you will get there... set yu mind at it first.. all the best.
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2013
@mr nice guy, pls gv us the link to the youtube video on forex.tnx
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
domcarez: @mr nice guy, pls gv us the link to the youtube video on forex.tnx
they are pools out there for you to make choice of... just type the keyword or whatever you esire to learn..... first, start this thread from the begining, visit babypips.com.. practice whatever you have learnt on your trade platform instantly... revise and review..
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2013
Mr_Nice_Guy: they are pools out there for you to make choice of... just type the keyword or whatever you esire to learn..... first, start this thread from the begining, visit babypips.com.. practice whatever you have learnt on your trade platform instantly... revise and review..
tnx bro, i appreciate
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
domcarez:
tnx bro, i appreciate
anytime..
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by williams20(m): 8:53pm On Jul 20, 2013
Hello Mr Surveycash , God bless you abundantly , pls I'm interested in the one day practical training in lagos . My email is peter_ogundele@yahoo.com
Pls can I start trading with my X touch Android 7inch tablet
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by IamSassy(f): 9:57pm On Jul 20, 2013
Hello Surveycash. Thanx for the tutorials u re givin to us. May the Lord continue to enlarge ur coast.
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by Ehisod(m): 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2013
surveycash2:

No. It's 6hours behind Nigerian Time.

It can be localized just register on forexfactory.com then log in and adjust the time on the calendar and it will automatically adjust to local time when you log in. Ensure you do not select DST.
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by Ehisod(m): 10:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
williams20: Hello Mr Surveycash , God bless you abundantly , pls I'm interested in the one day practical training in lagos . My email is peter_ogundele@yahoo.com
Pls can I start trading with my X touch Android 7inch tablet

Get a PC man you can do better analysis and trading on a PC than a tablet. I know because I use a tablet a very powerful tablet at that but it still does not compare to PC trading.
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by surveycash(m): 5:35am On Jul 21, 2013
@Williams20...You're welcome and Amen. You'll be notified once a date has been chosen.
For a start, get a PC as Ehisod adviced. Trading on a tablet is very limited as you'll be deprived of most of the features of the trading platform.

@Sassy madam...
Amen and you too. Welcome to our class. Invite your friends too.

@Ehisod...
Thanks for the answers. Just to chip in, you don't need to register on forexfactory to localise the time. Tutorial on how to do that is explained in lesson 9 or 10.
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by Bosariayo: 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2013
surveycash: @Williams20...You're welcome and Amen. You'll be notified once a date has been chosen.
For a start, get a PC as Ehisod adviced. Trading on a tablet is very limited as you'll be deprived of most of the features of the trading platform.

@Sassy madam...
Amen and you too. Welcome to our class. Invite your friends too.

@Ehisod...
Thanks for the answers. Just to chip in, you don't need to register on forexfactory to localise the time. Tutorial on how to do that is explained in lesson 9 or 10.
Hello i sent u a mail,pls reply thanks
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by surveycash(m): 9:45pm On Jul 21, 2013
Bosariayo: Hello i sent u a mail,pls reply thanks

I did not get any. hassanismail1st (at) gmail.com
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by Chuksemi(m): 10:38pm On Jul 24, 2013
break in transmission?
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by surveycash(m): 5:16am On Jul 25, 2013
Chuksemi: break in transmission?

No one submitted his/her last assignment. So, I thought the ASUU strike don enter here too grin
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by samfaj(m): 7:30am On Jul 25, 2013
surveycash:

No one submitted his/her last assignment. So, I thought the ASUU strike don enter here too grin
Chai! Oga surveycash, na network dey do me one kind tin here. Anyway, here is my own solution 2 d Assignment
1. Currency pair with high impact news, because there might be great movement after d release of d news.
2 a. Buy
b. Sell
c. No trade.
Thanx.
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by surveycash(m): 1:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
samfaj:
Chai! Oga surveycash, na network dey do me one kind tin here. Anyway, here is my own solution 2 d Assignment
1. Currency pair with high impact news, because there might be great movement after d release of d news.
2 a. Buy
b. Sell
c. No trade.
Thanx.

Network? Since July 11. You no sabi give excuse grin grin. Make I see the assignment. For attempting, you already have 50%. Let's wait for submission before solving it.
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by surveycash(m): 11:00am On Aug 03, 2013
How is it going?
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by samfaj(m): 11:31am On Aug 03, 2013
surveycash:

Network? Since July 11. You no sabi give excuse grin grin. Make I see the assignment. For attempting, you already have 50%. Let's wait for submission before solving it.
Chai! That's how students use 2 tell im oga nao...lol
Anyway, thanx 4 d 1st 50% u gave me, waitin 4 d remainning % cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by surveycash(m): 7:29am On Aug 07, 2013
If you will like a Lagos forex workshop, like this post.

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 07, 2013
surveycash: If you will like a Lagos forex workshop, like this post.
@surveycash, what about pple that do not reside in lagos, i am really interested though i stay in enugu, how do i benefit, meanwhile i have read 4rm page one to the last page, reply asap.tnx
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by surveycash(m): 8:48am On Aug 07, 2013
domcarez:
@surveycash, what about pple that do not reside in lagos, i am really interested though i stay in enugu, how do i benefit, meanwhile i have read 4rm page one to the last page, reply asap.tnx

If you can organise 100 your people together, I can come down to Enugu cheesy. Same goes to other locations
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by keni: 9:47am On Aug 07, 2013
Hello Survey cash, please do you still use the oracle trading system?
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by badoutyn(m): 8:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
Good to see your moves on impacting knowledge to newbies.God will strengthen your knowledge more,will see how i can also make my own contributions.Forex is good,in fact If you still searching for Job,please change your mindset.Forex is really good for Job seekers now.
Stay tune to learn more here.
Re: Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE by boyafx(m): 8:06am On Aug 08, 2013
Mr_Nice_Guy: please, is there any alternative Ogas in the house to transfering cash between me and my broker other than domiciliary or a current account?
i dont have a national id card, drivers licence or internationaal passport (and i cant get anytime soon), thats the reason i cant open any of the above stated bank account?... i am using savings... please any alternative(linked to my savings account or how i can open any of the accounts without those id i am lacking, though i have a student id card) will greatly help..

also can can i use my mastercard linked to my savings account to do this to and fro transaction..
happy pips cycles, to all the pips lords in here.. Please i need an urgent help.. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine / Long Queues As Residents Rush For New Naira Notes In Kano (pics) / CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.