Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Beware Of False Teachings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of False Teachings (779 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of False Teachings by highyo: 5:00pm On Jan 10, 2013
1 John 4:1 ESV / 64 helpful votes
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Romans 16:17 ESV / 62 helpful votes
I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them.
HelpfulNot Helpful
2 Peter 2:1-3 ESV / 59 helpful votes
But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.
HelpfulNot Helpful
1 John 4:1-3 ESV / 37 helpful votes
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Matthew 7:15-20 ESV / 36 helpful votes
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. ...
HelpfulNot Helpful
1 Timothy 4:1-5 ESV / 28 helpful votes
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.
HelpfulNot Helpful
1 Timothy 6:20-21 ESV / 19 helpful votes
O Timothy, guard the deposit entrusted to you. Avoid the irreverent babble and contradictions of what is falsely called “knowledge,” for by professing it some have swerved from the faith. Grace be with you.
HelpfulNot Helpful
2 John 1:7-11 ESV / 18 helpful votes
For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist. Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward. Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Titus 3:9 ESV / 18 helpful votes
But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.
HelpfulNot Helpful
2 Timothy 4:3 ESV / 14 helpful votes
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
HelpfulNot Helpful
Matthew 6:1-4 ESV / 12 helpful votes
“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Revelation 22:18 ESV / 10 helpful votes
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book,
HelpfulNot Helpful
Hebrews 10:11 ESV / 9 helpful votes
And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
HelpfulNot Helpful
John 14:6 ESV / 9 helpful votes
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Colossians 2:8 ESV / 8 helpful votes
See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Acts 20:29 ESV / 8 helpful votes
I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock;
HelpfulNot Helpful
John 14:26 ESV / 8 helpful votes
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
HelpfulNot Helpful
John 8:44 ESV / 7 helpful votes
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
HelpfulNot Helpful
2 Peter 3:5-7 ESV / 6 helpful votes
For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Galatians 3:10 ESV / 6 helpful votes
For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.”
HelpfulNot Helpful
Luke 12:40 ESV / 6 helpful votes
You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”
HelpfulNot Helpful
James 2:1-11 ESV / 5 helpful votes
My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. For if a man wearing a gold ring and fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in, and if you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, “You sit here in a good place,” while you say to the poor man, “You stand over there,” or, “Sit down at my feet,” have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him? ...
HelpfulNot Helpful
1 Corinthians 14:33 ESV / 5 helpful votes
For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,
HelpfulNot Helpful
Mark 13:9 ESV / 5 helpful votes
“But be on your guard. For they will deliver you over to councils, and you will be beaten in synagogues, and you will stand before governors and kings for my sake, to bear witness before them.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Revelation 22:16 ESV / 4 helpful votes
“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”
HelpfulNot Helpful
James 3:1-18 ESV / 4 helpful votes
Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. For we all stumble in many ways. And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body. If we put bits into the mouths of horses so that they obey us, we guide their whole bodies as well. Look at the ships also: though they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs. So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things. How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire! ...
HelpfulNot Helpful
1 Timothy 4:1-2 ESV / 4 helpful votes
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared,
HelpfulNot Helpful
Acts 15:19-20 ESV / 4 helpful votes
Therefore my judgment is that we should not trouble those of the Gentiles who turn to God, but should write to them to abstain from the things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Acts 15:1-2 ESV / 4 helpful votes
But some men came down from Judea and were teaching the brothers, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” And after Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and debate with them, Paul and Barnabas and some of the others were appointed to go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and the elders about this question.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Mark 7:9-13 ESV / 4 helpful votes
And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition! For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’ But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)— then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother, thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
HelpfulNot Helpful
Jeremiah 5:30-31 ESV / 4 helpful votes
An appalling and horrible thing has happened in the land: the prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule at their direction; my people love to have it so, but what will you do when the end comes?
HelpfulNot Helpful
Genesis 3:1 ESV / 4 helpful votes
Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?”
HelpfulNot Helpful
Acts 17:11 ESV / 3 helpful votes
Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Acts 15:4-5 ESV / 3 helpful votes
When they came to Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the church and the apostles and the elders, and they declared all that God had done with them. But some believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees rose up and said, “It is necessary to circumcise them and to order them to keep the law of Moses.”
HelpfulNot Helpful
Luke 18:10-14 ESV / 3 helpful votes
“Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”
HelpfulNot Helpful
Luke 11:42 ESV / 3 helpful votes
“But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and neglect justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Matthew 10:28 ESV / 3 helpful votes
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Psalm 50:7-12 ESV / 3 helpful votes
“Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, I will testify against you. I am God, your God. Not for your sacrifices do I rebuke you; your burnt offerings are continually before me. I will not accept a bull from your house or goats from your folds. For every beast of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills. I know all the birds of the hills, and all that moves in the field is mine. ...
HelpfulNot Helpful
1 Samuel 8:11-18 ESV / 3 helpful votes
He said, “These will be the ways of the king who will reign over you: he will take your sons and appoint them to his chariots and to be his horsemen and to run before his chariots. And he will appoint for himself commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and some to plow his ground and to reap his harvest, and to make his implements of war and the equipment of his chariots. He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive orchards and give them to his servants. He will take the tenth of your grain and of your vineyards and give it to his officers and to his servants. ...
HelpfulNot Helpful
Revelation 20:2-5 ESV / 2 helpful votes
And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while. Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Revelation 13:8 ESV / 2 helpful votes
And all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Revelation 13:1-18 ESV / 2 helpful votes
And I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems on its horns and blasphemous names on its heads. And the beast that I saw was like a leopard; its feet were like a bear's, and its mouth was like a lion's mouth. And to it the dragon gave his power and his throne and great authority. One of its heads seemed to have a mortal wound, but its mortal wound was healed, and the whole earth marveled as they followed the beast. And they worshiped the dragon, for he had given his authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who can fight against it?” And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months. ...
HelpfulNot Helpful
Revelation 13:1 ESV / 2 helpful votes
And I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems on its horns and blasphemous names on its heads.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Revelation 12:3 ESV / 2 helpful votes
And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Revelation 11:3 ESV / 2 helpful votes
And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”
HelpfulNot Helpful
Revelation 11:2 ESV / 2 helpful votes
But do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Revelation 9:5 ESV / 2 helpful votes
They were allowed to torment them for five months, but not to kill them, and their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it stings someone.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Hebrews 2:14 ESV / 2 helpful votes
Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil,
HelpfulNot Helpful
Philippians 3:3-6 ESV / 2 helpful votes
For we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh— though I myself have reason for confidence in the flesh also. If anyone else thinks he has reason for confidence in the flesh, I have more: circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee; as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Galatians 3:24 ESV / 2 helpful votes
So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Acts 11:27-29 ESV / 2 helpful votes
Now in these days prophets came down from Jerusalem to Antioch. And one of them named Agabus stood up and foretold by the Spirit that there would be a great famine over all the world (this took place in the days of Claudius). So the disciples determined, everyone according to his ability, to send relief to the brothers living in Judea.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Acts 4:34-35 ESV / 2 helpful votes
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were owners of lands or houses sold them and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to each as any had need.
HelpfulNot Helpful
John 3:16 ESV / 2 helpful votes
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Malachi 4:4 ESV / 2 helpful votes
“Remember the law of my servant Moses, the statutes and rules that I commanded him at Horeb for all Israel.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Psalm 24:1 ESV / 2 helpful votes
A Psalm of David. The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein,
HelpfulNot Helpful
Revelation 20:4 ESV / 1 helpful vote
Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Revelation 17:8 ESV / 1 helpful vote
The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to rise from the bottomless pit and go to destruction. And the dwellers on earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will marvel to see the beast, because it was and is not and is to come.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Luke 21:16 ESV / 1 helpful vote
You will be delivered up even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and some of you they will put to death.
HelpfulNot Helpful
Genesis 28:1-22 ESV / 1 helpful vote
Then Isaac called Jacob and blessed him and directed him, “You must not take a wife from the Canaanite women. Arise, go to Paddan-aram to the house of Bethuel your mother's father, and take as your wife from there one of the daughters of Laban your mother's brother. God Almighty bless you and make you fruitful and multiply you, that you may become a company of peoples. May he give the blessing of Abraham to you and to your offspring with you, that you may take possession of the land of your sojournings that God gave to Abraham!” Thus Isaac sent Jacob away. And he went to Paddan-aram, to Laban, the son of Bethuel the Aramean, the brother of Rebekah, Jacob's and Esau's mother. ...
Re: Beware Of False Teachings by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 10, 2013
Good evening,

I didn't read your post but I agree that people should beware of those who teach falsehood. It is sad that a lot of people who claim to know God but lack the spirit of discernment.

I have noticed with dismay that some people here on nairaland go out to preach and teach in accordance with their personal ego and selfish interest.

The sooner people start to discern God's spirit from these teachers of falsehood the better it will be for all, for it is written that many false teachers will come and they are here in nairaland too.

Thank you!
Re: Beware Of False Teachings by CrazyMan(m): 6:09pm On Jan 10, 2013
You should have just highlighted the relevant passages you needed and laid emphasis on them. This uncoordinated copy and paste you did just made the whole article very difficult to comprehend.
Re: Beware Of False Teachings by ihedioramma: 5:12am On Jan 11, 2013
AND LET US READ OUR BIBLE BY OUR SELF'S AND ASK GOD FOR WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING AND OBEY GOD'S WORLD'S. THANK'S AND KEEP IT UP LET US HELP OUR SELF'S NOW IS TIME PEOPLE ARE DIEYING ANY HOW AND WE DONT NO THE COS.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not A Freemason- By Dr Rex Al Opusunju / A Nairaland Letter To Lawyers? can An Honest Man Be A Succesful Lawyer? / The Old Testament Is Not Part Of Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.