Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,566 members, 7,955,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:49 PM

A Nairaland Letter To Lawyers? can An Honest Man Be A Succesful Lawyer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Nairaland Letter To Lawyers? can An Honest Man Be A Succesful Lawyer? (795 Views)

What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? / Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses / Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairaland Letter To Lawyers? can An Honest Man Be A Succesful Lawyer? by tobechi74: 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
In my early days, I was asked my dream caeeer, i had immediately replied " lawyer". My dad immediately told me that "all lawyers are liars".that statement immedtately demorolised me.

Few years later, my elder cousin came home informing us of his intention to marry a lawyer. He was immediately told to think twice about it. Everyone present began narrating their ordeals with lawyers.

i was very young then.i was really brainwashed against doing anything with lawyers. I viewed them as a proffesional liars paid to lie.

as i grow older, my belief faded gradually.i now belive that that some honest lawyers truely exist. However, they are few. The multitude liars tend to overshadow them. The legal system is itself corrupt.

What then diffrentiaates an honest lawyer from the lying lawyers?

The legal system has made it such that the more difficult a case tends to be, the more money u tend to make as a lawyer. The initial belief that lawyers defend the innocent is really fading. Do lawyers still do that?
Modern lawyers defend who approaches them, who is ready to foot the bill irrespective of the truth

The dishonet lawyers lack conscience. He uses his lying tongue to bend the truth and strech the lies in convincing the court
the dishonest lawyer defends the case of a known persistent murderer and sleeps peacefully afterward
the dishonest lawyer is ready to call a white spade "black" .
he is willing to defend a criminal today and to accuse the innocent the next day.
he does little or nothing while charging the client exhorbidant fees.raping the client of thousand and knocking of 2%
he hardly advices his client to settle out of court knowing it is of no benefit to him.even if the client has 5% chance of winning the case. He would rather continue delaying the case since he stands to gain from "sitting fee".

The irony of it all is that such persons who consider their pocket first before their conscience or the client scale through the legal profession.hardened criminals, curropt goverment officials and rich politician patronise them and pay them . .They win the case even though the entire court know they ought to loose. In most cases, the judge is helpless as he is trained to judge by reason and not by emotions.
Re: A Nairaland Letter To Lawyers? can An Honest Man Be A Succesful Lawyer? by fredopayee(m): 2:14pm On Jul 28, 2013
Let me summarize this for you.
If busines man didn't lie, he would never make a profit.
If lawyer didn't lie, na poverty be dt.
My brother, all lawyers are liars.. No excpetion, let that person come out and swear he/she never lie as a lawyer.
Re: A Nairaland Letter To Lawyers? can An Honest Man Be A Succesful Lawyer? by Provie(m): 2:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
@fredopayee hear urself:

"let that person come out and swear he/she NEVER LIE as a lawyer"

So can u come out & say u NEVER LIE in ur own ocupation? Evry practising lawyer knows dat d second statement (i.e after greetings) made by a client upon consultation turns out to be a lie. So who is fooling who? Whoever passed JAMB's Use of English wld deduce from d post dat d OP is evn envious of d lawyer's "lie-gotten" wealth. Pray u dont get rescued by a lawyer's "lies" cos xperience is a bad teacher.
Re: A Nairaland Letter To Lawyers? can An Honest Man Be A Succesful Lawyer? by nlMediator: 9:36pm On Jul 28, 2013
tobechi74: In my early days, I was asked my dream caeeer, i had immediately replied " lawyer". My dad immediately told me that "all lawyers are liars".that statement immedtately demorolised me.

Few years later, my elder cousin came home informing us of his intention to marry a lawyer. He was immediately told to think twice about it. Everyone present began narrating their ordeals with lawyers.

i was very young then.i was really brainwashed against doing anything with lawyers. I viewed them as a proffesional liars paid to lie.

as i grow older, my belief faded gradually.i now belive that that some honest lawyers truely exist. However, they are few. The multitude liars tend to overshadow them. The legal system is itself corrupt.

What then diffrentiaates an honest lawyer from the lying lawyers?

The legal system has made it such that the more difficult a case tends to be, the more money u tend to make as a lawyer. The initial belief that lawyers defend the innocent is really fading. Do lawyers still do that?
Modern lawyers defend who approaches them, who is ready to foot the bill irrespective of the truth

The dishonet lawyers lack conscience. He uses his lying tongue to bend the truth and strech the lies in convincing the court
the dishonest lawyer defends the case of a known persistent murderer and sleeps peacefully afterward
the dishonest lawyer is ready to call a white spade "black" .
he is willing to defend a criminal today and to accuse the innocent the next day.
he does little or nothing while charging the client exhorbidant fees.raping the client of thousand and knocking of 2%
he hardly advices his client to settle out of court knowing it is of no benefit to him.even if the client has 5% chance of winning the case. He would rather continue delaying the case since he stands to gain from "sitting fee".

The irony of it all is that such persons who consider their pocket first before their conscience or the client scale through the legal profession.hardened criminals, curropt goverment officials and rich politician patronise them and pay them . .They win the case even though the entire court know they ought to loose. In most cases, the judge is helpless as he is trained to judge by reason and not by emotions.

I think you're still very young. As you grow up, you'll find out that virtually every line of work is trapped in sin. Perhaps because we live in a world system in which satan is god. Only recently, I read that physicians in Nigeria collect a 10% referral fee from the Indian doctors they refer some patients to, which could make them refer a patient that does not need the referral or care. I've not even mentioned running abortion mills. Business people and bankers sell all kinds of products with lies or with a view to getting you to take what you don't need or even want so they can make more money. Owners of hotels let people stay in their rooms who may be robbers and murderers and who use the place as part of their crime route. University teachers sell grades or molest students. You get my point by now: focusing on lawyers and their ills is a waste of time.

(1) (Reply)

Sins Of Pastors / No More Pre-marital Sex. / Pope Francis Blessing Man Without Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.