Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Men, Please Don't Rape - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Men, Please Don't Rape (995 Views)

Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / Robbers In Abuja Shoot Widow In The Mouth For Resisting Rape [photo] / If Someone Hits Your Bumper While Driving At Night, Please Don't Stop!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men, Please Don't Rape by MyneWhite1(f): 5:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
Ra.pists are not always strangers. In the sensational Abia case last year, the victim knew some of her ra.pists, and called them by name. They were not armed robbers, they were not street touts, they were university students. Cynthia Osokogu knew her attackers, maybe hoped to get into a relationship with one of them. These people are people's sons, brothers, nephews, friends, cousins. It turned out some of them had Facebook pages.

What I am saying is that they appeared normal, and could have been any male we know. It could have been any one of the males here on nairaland. Think about that. Then think about the males you know. Are they rapists? Could your father, brother, husband, boyfriend, that male cousin or nephew be a rapist?

You male reading this. I ask, are you a rapist?

Have you spiked a lady's drink and then slept with her? Did you whistle and follow that girl walking home from the school library, and when she warned you off, you called her names? Or maybe you pushed a girl you met in a dark stairway against the wall and groped her? You may be on your way to being a ra.pist. Yes, that is how it starts.

The problem of rape in the society didn't start today, and will probably not end soon. But we can minimize it by talking to our men. If we keep talking ONLY to women, we disrespect men by saying they are beyond human reason, and like animals they have to respond to all sexual stimuli.

I think men are better than that. So as we're talking to our girls and women, let's also talk to our boys and men.

Men, please respect the integrity of a woman's body as belonging to her, not to you, and not to the society.

Men, please don't ra.pe

______

I tried to post the whole article here by NL censors spoilt everything. Check it out on my blog

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com
Re: Men, Please Don't Rape by Seun(m): 5:33pm On Jan 10, 2013
You are doing two things here:
1) Begging deranged animals not to commit crimes, which obviously does not work.
2) Insulting good men by insinuating that they are not different from deranged animals.

Sorry, I didn't read the entire post, because I was offended by the insinuations and hysterical tone your first few paragraphs.
Re: Men, Please Don't Rape by MyneWhite1(f): 6:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
Seun, I know you're more rational than this.

Read the whole article when you can and think about it.
Re: Men, Please Don't Rape by birdman(m): 3:30am On Jan 11, 2013
I read the whole article. Bawdy jokes and cat calling women may be out of taste, but I dont see how it even comes close to encouraging rape. Plus the article is offensive. Saying "Men please dont rape" is like saying "Blacks, please dont steal"

1 Like

Re: Men, Please Don't Rape by MyneWhite1(f): 5:20pm On Jan 11, 2013
Thanks for reading, at least you get the gist of the article. Let's stop those things that are of poor taste, that is what encourages some men to go as far as rape.
Re: Men, Please Don't Rape by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 11, 2013
Myne White: Seun, I know you're more rational than this.

Read the whole article when you can and think about it.
The subject you chose does not help either.
Re: Men, Please Don't Rape by mdee1(m): 9:39pm On Jan 16, 2013
Raping is bad bad nd very bad.but our ladies too cud reduce it thier own little way.a guy walks up to you tryin 2 xpress his feelings,instead of politely telin him ur nt interestd u start cursin him.if he's a cult member,he might wana revenge.anoda case is how some ladies dress exposin al dats meant 4 sm1 to the world.its 2 bad.u cant expect a guy seein ur b00bs dangling outside to remain calm,body no b wood na.some get raped cos of dis.Am not sayin its gud,but every1 has a role to play.a woman on t.v 1ce said dat because a lady is walkn around naked doesnt gve any guy d rite 2 rape her.dats true but......can u imagine??is it possible 4 her nt 2 get raped?
Re: Men, Please Don't Rape by kandiikane(m): 2:07pm On Jan 17, 2013
^lol, wtf! So, being rude or wearing a batty rider gives a man the right to ra.pe?
Re: Men, Please Don't Rape by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
kandiikane: ^lol, wtf! So, being rude or wearing a batty rider gives a man the right to ra.pe?
who's talking about human rights here? He's saying you do not give an imbalanced person any encouragement. How hard is that, where is your thinking cap today? tongue
Re: Men, Please Don't Rape by kandiikane(m): 2:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
So, because someone is mentally phucked I shouldn't wear my battyriders and boobtube?

Sharrap!
tongue
Re: Men, Please Don't Rape by MyneWhite1(f): 6:00am On Jan 18, 2013
BoboYekini: who's talking about human rights here? He's saying you do not give an imbalanced person any encouragement. How hard is that, where is your thinking cap today? tongue

are you saying m.dee is an unbalanced person?
Re: Men, Please Don't Rape by plendil: 6:37am On Jan 18, 2013
You've attempted to bring what is a heinous and unspeakably barbaric crime against humanity, committed by some of the most despicable humans on earth within the realms of something any sane man could do given the opportunity.

That is deeply offensive. angry angry

Research has shown that men that carry out such crimes have psychological problems and deeply rooted insecurities usually associated with childhood. The plan to rape their unfortunate victims is rarely a progression from cat-calling or whistling, it is almost always conceived from the very beginning.

You say rapists appear normal? No kidding!!! I was of the impression that hardened criminals, serial murderers, etc all wore red caps on Mondays and Thursdays and blue ones the rest of the week!!

So a man tries to woo a lady and she rebuffs him, and then the next step is to force himself on her?? Were those the kinds of men you grew up with? GET ME RIGHT THEY ARE NOT NORMAL!!!

1 Like

Re: Men, Please Don't Rape by mdee1(m): 10:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
plendil: So a man tries to woo a lady and she rebuffs him, and then the next step is to force himself on her??
Try readin wat i posted again,dis time make use of ur brain(if u have).i didnt nd wil neva suport raeypists all am sayin is dat some cases cud be avoided.
plendil: Were those the kinds of men you grew up with?
wat has dat got to do with all dz nw.was there any need 4 dis??as in sm ppl are better off dead.if u dnt knw wat to say,say nothng.even a fool is considered wise when he's quiet
Re: Men, Please Don't Rape by mdee1(m): 10:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
Myne White:

are you saying m.dee is an unbalanced person?
y wud he say dat?can't u see he was replyin kandi
Re: Men, Please Don't Rape by plendil: 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2013
m.dee:
Try readin wat i posted again,dis time make use of ur brain(if u have).i didnt nd wil neva suport raeypists all am sayin is dat some cases cud be avoided.
wat has dat got to do with all dz nw.was there any need 4 dis??as in sm ppl are better off dead.if u dnt knw wat to say,say nothng.even a fool is considered wise when he's quiet

What the blistering f**K are you on about?? My comments were in reference to the article by OP, and not your incoherent and vacuous drivel, ode.
Re: Men, Please Don't Rape by mdee1(m): 6:24am On Jan 21, 2013
Didnt knw *oponu*

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS :- Armed Robbers @ MMIA / Final Year Student Of LASU Killed By A DHL Truck / Bank Boss Caught In...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.