Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone - Phones (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno N7 5" Android Phone (308594 Views)

Tecno N7, P3 & Phantom A1 - The Best Out Of These Three / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? / Tecno N7 Is Officially Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 14, 2013
chizobad1: i'll advice you guys to wait until there's am OTA method of upgrading to jb on tecno N7. Or tecno officailly creates jb rom 4 n7. Dont be desperate 4 jb, at lease android hasnt stoped surport yet 4 ics. Anythin jb can do, ics can do also... Major diffrence is the homescreen and camera app.

Even dat fone way ona say get same specs with n7, it may nt be 100 percent same specs.

As 4 me, i go wait till ics get major dissadvantage, or learn how to create custom rom by my self, so it'll be my taste.

2weeks old nokia x2-02 4 sale
how much for the nokia x2-02
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2013
zolo: how much for the nokia x2-02

Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
chizobad1:

add on whatsapp lets talk 07066240076
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by paulabdeel(m): 10:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
At last Jelly Bean for Tecno N7. I successfully ported JB 4.1 on N7 yesterday. I have been using it since then, stable and good for every day use so far. rekeson will give further information on this. By His grace, 4.2 will be here in a couple of weeks. grin grin
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by pauladonis(m): 6:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
paulabdeel: At last Jelly Bean for Tecno N7. I successfully ported JB 4.1 on N7 yesterday. I have been using it since then, stable and good for every day use so far. rekeson will give further information on this. By His grace, 4.2 will be here in a couple of weeks. grin grin

whao...datz great really...how?
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by rekeson: 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
Paulabdeel has done the impossible. Lots of respect 4 u sire smiley
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by paulabdeel(m): 10:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
Thanks rekeson. You said we shall improve the user experience for N7. We have done it. You were my pacer on this. Thumbs up bro. cheesy
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by paulabdeel(m): 10:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
pauladonis:

whao...datz great really...how?
Complicated.I was bricking my phone on an average of four times a day. I am not a guru, an old man in fact. I was challenged that N7 was left behind and the taunts of those people with a fixation on Tecno. The challenge now is to enable interested users benefit. It would not do to point you to the source of the ROM. I would love to upload a ROM that would be a breeze to flash.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by pauladonis(m): 5:38am On Nov 29, 2013
paulabdeel: . It would not do to point you to the source of the ROM. I would love to upload a ROM that would be a breeze to flash.

God bless ur hustle bro...n speed up d good work.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by profstar(m): 12:03am On Dec 03, 2013
Pls sir, i want to root my N7 and my friend's P5 can you give me the process, thanks in advance
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by paulabdeel(m): 12:03pm On Dec 05, 2013
profstar: Pls sir, i want to root my N7 and my friend's P5 can you give me the process, thanks in advance
if you are interested in JB 4.1, then wait for my upload. It wil come rooted.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by profstar(m): 2:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
paulabdeel: if you are interested in JB 4.1, then wait for my upload. It wil come rooted.
am interested, secondly,
by saying "JB" do you mean "jailbreak"
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by paulabdeel(m): 12:32am On Dec 06, 2013
profstar:
am interested, secondly,
by saying "JB" do you mean "jailbreak"
Jelly Bean of course. The files are being uploaded to my Google Drive now, around 300 MB.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by pauladonis(m): 10:00am On Dec 07, 2013
paulabdeel: Jelly Bean of course. The files are being uploaded to my Google Drive now, around 300 MB.

abeg, giv us link to download the rom. and 1 question, wil it be a grab and flash rom, or it is more complicated?
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by seewhyseereal(m): 7:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
@paulabdeel'just stumbled on this thread. I am sooooooo interested in your JBroms 4.1/4.2 .pls can u post the links or point me where u uploaded? Thanks a mill
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Lanreallenjay: 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2013
paulabdeel: At last Jelly Bean for Tecno N7. I successfully ported JB 4.1 on N7 yesterday. I have been using it since then, stable and good for every day use so far. rekeson will give further information on this. By His grace, 4.2 will be here in a couple of weeks. grin grin

Pls can I get the link to download this JB 4.1? WELDONE SIR.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by rekeson: 9:53pm On Dec 09, 2013
UPDATE

There are actually custom jelly bean 4.1 and 4.2 roms specially cooked for the N7 by paulabdeel in collaboration with my humble self.

But my fear is that not every Tecno N7 out there will be able to enjoy these roms. The simple reason is; there are 2 variants of the Tecno N7. The 1st variants are those that have no factory defects, while the 2nd variants are those that have factory defects.

What is this defect?
This defect is manifested in the form of unresponsive function keys (option, home and back key). If these keys freezes up once in a while, as in u need to press them many times b4 they respond, then I am sorry to inform u that ur N7 is in the category of the defective ones. MINE ALSO FALLS INTO THIS CATEGORY OF DEFECTIVE TECNO N7s

Why won't these defective N7s be able to run these roms?
These roms will install on these N7s without any single error, they will boot up as well. After booting the real issue will start; the touch screen will start malfunctioning, touches will not be recognised and even if they are recognised, they wont hit the correct points. In summary the phone will begin to operate itself and becomes unusable/useless.

N7s without defects
The roms will install and run smoothly without errors. The roms will be available b4 this weekend, that is as soon as paulabdeel has been able to upload them.

Note: 4.1 will be released first. 4.2 is still undergoing testing!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by paulabdeel(m): 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
I am sorry I couldn't upload the ROMs. In fact I tried. For three days my GOOGLE DRIVE kept showing it was uploading, it did not finish. And I had personal issues that kept me offline for a number of days. I am not a developer, rekeson is helping me with the issues. Please be patient. I am currently using the 4.2.2 grin for everyday use, including this post. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Defaramade(m): 11:48am On Dec 11, 2013
Can u post some screenshots for us to see?
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by dunmorris(m): 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
abeg u people should cook dis tin fast nw
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by pauladonis(m): 12:34pm On Dec 16, 2013
help!!!, i just bricked my n7, it is stuck in bootloop. i need help with unbricking it.
p.s: i av flashed cwm recovery and backed up my stock rom bt it just wont restore.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by rekeson: 6:00pm On Dec 16, 2013
pauladonis: help!!!, i just bricked my n7, it is stuck in bootloop. i need help with unbricking it.
p.s: i av flashed cwm recovery and backed up my stock rom bt it just wont restore.

If u did a backup after bricking it, den sorry ur backup can't solve d issue.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by pauladonis(m): 6:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
i did d backup b4 d brickin, pls help me,
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by rekeson: 6:10pm On Dec 16, 2013
pauladonis: i did d backup b4 d brickin, pls help me,

Were u able to restore ur backup?
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by pauladonis(m): 6:14pm On Dec 16, 2013
no sir, its tellin my md5 mismatch. dats y i need help,
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by rekeson: 6:28pm On Dec 16, 2013
pauladonis: no sir, its tellin my md5 mismatch. dats y i need help,

Copy d backup to PC and use sp flash tool. That is d way to go @ dis point in time
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by Hotdiamond(m): 5:51am On Dec 20, 2013
rekeson:

Copy d backup to PC and use sp flash tool. That is d way to go @ dis point in time
Bro. how far with the ROM.
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by pauladonis(m): 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
thanks for d advice, i was able to restore d backup via pc...
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by rekeson: 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
UPDATE

Owing to the difficulties the Heroic paulabdeel is encountering while trying to upload the roms, the N7 modders crew have decided to piont you guys to the sources of the roms coupled with a comprehensive tutorial on how to go about the installation.

With the current twist of events, I want to quickly state here that we do not take credit for the work done because these are the source roms we actually ported from. But since we couldn't upload the cooked versions, you guys should just make do with the raw ones for the mean time.

Sorry for the delay and broken promises. The cooked and error free versions will be up in the near future.

It is also however pertinent to note that this legendary discovery was made by the Heroic paulabdeel. Pls direct all your appreciations to him

http://galaxy-of-knowledge..com/2013/12/jelly-mean-41-rom-for-tecno-n7.html
Re: Tecno N7 5" Android Phone by rekeson: 4:29pm On Dec 20, 2013
pauladonis: thanks for d advice, i was able to restore d backup via pc...

I am glad to hear that bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Reply)

List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Free Kjv Bible Download On Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.