Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

I Was Misquoted, I Haven't Discovered AIDS Cure Says Uniben Prof. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Was Misquoted, I Haven't Discovered AIDS Cure Says Uniben Prof. (594 Views)

Help : I Underwent Appendectomy, I Haven't Been The Same Again / UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery / UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1)

I Was Misquoted, I Haven't Discovered AIDS Cure Says Uniben Prof. by kennytidistar(m): 10:16am On Jan 11, 2013
The University of Benin Professor, Isaiah Ibeh, who was alleged to have discovered a cure for HIV/AIDS, has recanted and now saysthat he has discovered no such cure. Ibeh blamed the media for the misunderstanding.
He spoke to reporters yesterday and in a statement said amongst other things “The true position is that some observations of our Research are preliminary and the research is still ongoing.
“I am very sorry for the embarrassment this has caused the University of Benin and Professional Colleagues, realizing that there are procedures of reporting such Scientific result,”
Ibeh who is also the dean, school of Basic Medical Science of University of Benin (UNIBEN) also had his claims rejected by the university's management and may be discipline by the authorities of the university of Benin.
The institution's Public Relations Officer, Barr.Harrison Osarenren had in a statement referred to Professor Ibeh's claims as "an embarrassment"

http:// ­www.naijapundit. ­com/news/ ­i-was-misquoted- ­i-haven-t-disco ­vered-aids-cure ­-says-uniben-pr ­of
Re: I Was Misquoted, I Haven't Discovered AIDS Cure Says Uniben Prof. by dominique(f): 10:34am On Jan 11, 2013

(1)

Mlc / Beyhealth March Masterclass Themed,"diabesity". / New Kind Of Bacteria Found.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.