Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,985 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Fasting And Swimming, Is It Right? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fasting And Swimming, Is It Right? (652 Views)

Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran / Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? / RCCG Annual Fasting And Prayer February 2013 ( Prayer Guide) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fasting And Swimming, Is It Right? by brideandgroom: 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2013
I A̶̲̥̅♏ one  loves swimming as a form of excercise and leisure. I A̶̲̥̅♏ a christain and a member of one of the renowned penticostal churches in nigeria and the world. We are on a 3 weeks fasting of which I Ђλ√ǝ̩̩̩̥ been taking part in since monday that it started.But, I desire to go swimming. Please, I will like to know if it is appropriate to swim while fasting bearing in mind that one will be puting on stuffs liki bikini. Keep ur comments rolling please.
Re: Fasting And Swimming, Is It Right? by iamtheprincipal: 5:10pm On Jan 11, 2013
I don't see anything wrong in going swimming during fasting.
Re: Fasting And Swimming, Is It Right? by brideandgroom: 5:19pm On Jan 11, 2013
iamtheprincipal: I don't see anything wrong in going swimming during fasting.

Considering d out fit as well?
Re: Fasting And Swimming, Is It Right? by AtheistD(m): 9:05pm On Jan 11, 2013
What about if you swallow some water.... would that classify as breaking your fast?
Re: Fasting And Swimming, Is It Right? by brideandgroom: 9:44am On Jan 14, 2013
Atheist:-D:
What about if you swallow some water.... would that classify as breaking your fast?

Can't say.
Re: Fasting And Swimming, Is It Right? by Gloriagee(f): 11:13am On Jan 14, 2013
Nah. Don't c anything wrong with it. Check yr motives, tho
Re: Fasting And Swimming, Is It Right? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
Good evening,

Swimming in itself is not against the spirit of fasting and wearing a 'modest' bikini is not against the Christian tenets.

However, I am quite concerned about the timing of this exercise. It takes strength to swim. Are u certain that ur mode of fasting will leave you with enough strength to carry on this exercise? If not, please don't combine both.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Fasting And Swimming, Is It Right? by brideandgroom: 11:15am On Jan 19, 2013
Gloriagee: Nah. Don't c anything wrong with it. Check yr motives, tho
Thanks
Re: Fasting And Swimming, Is It Right? by brideandgroom: 11:19am On Jan 19, 2013
striktlymi: Good evening,

Swimming in itself is not against the spirit of fasting and wearing a 'modest' bikini is not against the Christian tenets.

However, I am quite concerned about the timing of this exercise. It takes strength to swim. Are u certain that ur mode of fasting will leave you with enough strength to carry on this exercise? If not, please don't combine both.

Thank you!

Yea.d truth is dis, I dnt like 2 eat b4 swimming N̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴͡ matter how long I stay in d water. All d same, ur advice is noted. Thanks.
Re: Fasting And Swimming, Is It Right? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 19, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Lol grin

(1) (Reply)

Strong Prayers To Protect Your Love. (february 14th Is Coming O! Act Now!) / fhdt / Yoruba Worshippers And Their Provocative Dance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.