Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

How LASTMA Cost A Doctor To Lose A Pregnant Woman's Baby - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How LASTMA Cost A Doctor To Lose A Pregnant Woman's Baby (1167 Views)

What A Doctor Did When I Accompanied A Female Friend To The Hospital / My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today / A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How LASTMA Cost A Doctor To Lose A Pregnant Woman's Baby by doctokwus: 10:19pm On Jan 12, 2013
This is d story of d horror caused by LASTMA officials in lagos early dis morning as narrated by a doctor friend:early in d morning @about 7:30am on his way to resume for his weekend call @ a hospital in mile2 area,he had stoppd to allow his wife pick up some things @d popular boundary mkt in d heart of AJ city.He packd his car at a side of d road way clear to allow 2 lanes& where he saw oda cars&buses parkd.@about 7:50am,he saw a bald headed LASTMA official(ddnt get his name tag bc he cudnt fathom anytin was wrong)tellin him to come down& giv him his key,for wrong parking!Where oda cars where parkd& wt no obstruction @all to traffic or pedestrians& no NO PARKING sign!My friend walkd away,@about 8am a traffic police officer saw him& told him he shd just come& move his car,as soon as he entered,dis same traffic policeman wt d LASTMA jumped in& sed dey where takin him to their office,he refused& dey forcefully took d car key frm him,wen he came down 2 see a superior officer dey had already startd d car.Just den his fone rang @8:15am dat an emergency(a woman wt difficult labour) had bn rushd in,d nite duty dr having left.All entreaties made 2 dis devilish duo& anoda uniformd traffic cop dat he had2 b in d hosp bein a dr& wt an emergency@hand fell on deaf hears.Dey were already drivin wt his wife & he ddnt know where dey were headed.He had no choice dan to enta d car,stil tellin dem what was on;wen he fd dese duo were clearly satans incarnate,he offered to evn giv dem N2k,so as to rush 2 d hosp;time was now 8:20am,about 25mins after d ER call.Dats how he fd himself,his wife& his car at d underbridge opposite Breweries,iganmu where dey had a ramshackle office.As soon as dey reachd,dis 2guys left wt his car key,later told him his fine wud b N50k.@9am,wen dese criminals weren't ready to budge,evn after calls placed to their superiors by other authorities,he had 2leave,but his wife stayed back,encouragin him 2 go& attend to d emerg.But alas,wen he reachd,he found it was a case of shoulder dystocia(difficulty deliverin d shoulders)& d woman had bn pushin causing more harm& alas it was too late).D child eventually was delivered still birth.
D shock of d whole event did not allow my friend get dere names,bc d wife eventually met a superior officer @about 1:30pm who still collected some money though.But d particular LASTMA was of average height,mid 30s-40s,creamishly fair in complexion wt early signs of baldness;d uniformed traffic cop:fairly tall,dark,early30s;both were on morning duty at d boundary mkt,ajegunle post.My friend has told God& I implore all Nlanders on his behalf to also put d life of dis dead baby on d head of dis DEVILISH LASTMA duo.He wishes he had their names,but wen he got back to pick his car,dey were far off sight.
May God allow him overcome dis nightmare& punish d evil dat lastma has become.
Re: How LASTMA Cost A Doctor To Lose A Pregnant Woman's Baby by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 12, 2013
D doctor is not smart. Anyway, i am saying doctors especially the senior doctors should be given status of army.no arrest for minor offence.
Re: How LASTMA Cost A Doctor To Lose A Pregnant Woman's Baby by doctokwus: 11:26pm On Jan 12, 2013
Laalamed: D doctor is not smart. Anyway, i am saying doctors especially the senior doctors should be given status of army.no arrest for minor offence.
How is he not smart;pls explain because he narrated dis incident exactly dis same way to dfferent sets of pple,neither adding nor subtracting.Shd he av fought wt dem,shd he av ran over d lastma wen he approachd;shd he av allowed dem take his wife& car away w/o knowing where dey were headed?Smart one,tel him what he shd av done differently
Re: How LASTMA Cost A Doctor To Lose A Pregnant Woman's Baby by Mowire: 12:23am On Jan 13, 2013
Very terrible. Now these are men who the govt employed to make life easier for the masses like them that are using every opportunity to extort the same masses & cause grevious harm. LASTMA is not alone: Police, KAI, NCDS, VIO & FRSC officials are involved. Always monetary gain.
The doctor should've put his patient 1st b4 his car, though.
Re: How LASTMA Cost A Doctor To Lose A Pregnant Woman's Baby by babapupa: 12:52am On Jan 13, 2013
Delete that rubbish and re type in plain English.

2 Likes

Re: How LASTMA Cost A Doctor To Lose A Pregnant Woman's Baby by tuns10: 1:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
the lastma guy was insensitive yes,he should have allowed the guy to attend to his patient,ofcourse i agree with that too
but please the doctor should have left at that point that the emergency call came through with another means probably take a bus to attend to his patient when he knew there was no doctor on duty.His wife should have been left to attend to that situation.Well whatever we may say or whichever one of them we may want to blame,the fact remains that the child is dead.May God console the parents especially the mother.
Re: How LASTMA Cost A Doctor To Lose A Pregnant Woman's Baby by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 15, 2013
Pls don't point the 'you're not smart' fingers at the doctor. He must have ran a lot of possible actions he could have taken to save the baby through his mind. He must be feeling very guilty now even though things could have been worse. The LASMA ideeots are on the other unredeemable,they already have curses on their heads by default.Do you think the mother of the Baby needs a particular person to curse? Her turmoil is enough to arrest the guilty parties.
Re: How LASTMA Cost A Doctor To Lose A Pregnant Woman's Baby by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 15, 2013

1 Like

Re: How LASTMA Cost A Doctor To Lose A Pregnant Woman's Baby by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2013
Re: How LASTMA Cost A Doctor To Lose A Pregnant Woman's Baby by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 15, 2013
Re: How LASTMA Cost A Doctor To Lose A Pregnant Woman's Baby by Obinoscopy(m): 4:14pm On Jan 15, 2013
The doctor and the doctor alone should be blamed for the child's death. The LASTMA official shouldn't be blamed in anyway.
Re: How LASTMA Cost A Doctor To Lose A Pregnant Woman's Baby by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 15, 2013
Change the 'cost' to 'caused'

(1) (Reply)

Contraceptive Drugs That Is Used After Coitus Or A Month's Pregnancy? / What Can I Do To Cure Pile Resultin To Swollen Anus? / Please Help A Nigerian With A Heart Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.