Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

How Do I Get Back At This Company - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Get Back At This Company (668 Views)

Avoid This Company Like The Black Plauge / Is this Company ''sonyonlineinvest.com'' real? (sony Global Asset Management) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Back At This Company by edwardaigb: 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2008
I paid for 1million units of Consolidated Hallmark Assurance private placement last year and decided to go for the certificate today since the company has been listed. I was supprise to discovered that, only 100,000 units was bought and paid for on my behalf.

My broker directed me to Global Investment Limited at (3 Tinubu Street Lagos.) whom he claimed to be the stock broking firm owned by Consolidated Hallmark Assurance, whom he submitted my form and paid to. I was there today and the gentleman that attended to me assured me that my broker made payment for 1million units on my behalf but their typist, typed 100,000 units in place for 1million units. they assured to get back to me on Friday evening.

I gave the company (Global investment ltd) a strong note which was, anything short of one million units before next week will be problem which they assure me would be resolved by Friday. should they default how do i take them up because I'm mad right now.
Re: How Do I Get Back At This Company by omogidi234(m): 9:33am On Feb 28, 2008
Well let us have what they have to say. If they perfom good but if they do not, well I will have to refer you to the stock tribunal.
Re: How Do I Get Back At This Company by walcolm(m): 10:24am On Feb 28, 2008
@poster,

i understand how u feel and i'm sure i will feel the same way if i was in ur shoes.

the thing you have to consider is this; you paid for 1 million units but was the money for the 1 million units debited from your account? if it was then by all means you are entitled to 1 million units and you should not let them off easily but if your account was only debited for 100,000units, there's really not much you can hold against the issuing house that handled the placement.

if they had your money for 1 million units and they are now trying to pass it off as a typo, i will advise you to put your lawyer on notice, there is work to be done. SEC & NSE should also be notified since the company is now listed angry
Re: How Do I Get Back At This Company by donpapa(m): 12:25pm On Feb 28, 2008
@ edwardaigb

Take it cool man, Friday is just few hours away,i believe it'll be resolved, but if otherwise, then you'll need to take a very bold step by informing the stock tribunal and possibly your lawyer.
Re: How Do I Get Back At This Company by edwardaigb: 2:17am On Feb 29, 2008
thank you all, the money was deducted from my account since last year. my anger is that. when they paid for 100,000 units, didn't they notice excess money left with them? anyway let me wait till end of today. thank you all and God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Would U Like To Be Part Of History About To Be Made / Need Someone / Registering An Incoporated Trustee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.