Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work (10686 Views)

10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work / Bank Workers And Securitymen Embarrasing Customers With Begging / Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Melahou(m): 9:17am On Jan 14, 2013
It was a Monday morning precisely 11am wen I started feeling so hungry. I just couldnt wait till 1pm to go for my break.

I brought out my food flask which has become a daily routine for me to take food to the office.

As I began to devour the Eba with oha soup, BEHOLD my MD, the Admin Mgr and 3 bank officials just entered my office apparently to open another cooperate account for the company since I happen to be the company`s accountant.

I felt the disappointment on his face as they all stared at one another. I wished the ground could open; the rest is history.

Share urs experience/s!!!

3 Likes

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 14, 2013
I laughed out loud when I was drinking water, then I was choked, I coughed so badly and then the water came out from my nose.That happened when I was at the meeting in my company.
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Okijajuju1(m): 12:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
huh
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
Jeez, who takes eba and soup with them to the office? Na dat kain food you suppose leave for your house...
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Dygeasy(m): 12:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
God please grant me a JOB after my graduation

8 Likes

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by tellwisdom: 12:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
Uha soup?? Who dey employ all dis people sef sad angry angry

9 Likes

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by xynerise: 12:06pm On Jan 14, 2013
In front of my secretary, I fell on the staircase when I was rushing home. undecided I actually stepped on my Agbada grin

3 Likes

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Francheezy(m): 12:06pm On Jan 14, 2013
lma0...7th 0n table
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by timpaker(m): 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
The day i was asked to represent my organization in a Chess game in Nairobi (after they saw in my Cv that i love playing chess for a hobby), That day i decided to fall ill just to miss my flight, when i came to report my illness to the office.

I saw a chessboard on my table - then my boss said i should warm up with one dude (from the Canadian Embassy). i come dey shake like persin wey wan have s3x the first time... I swear i don't even know which one is queen, knight, king or dia daughter. I just love the game....what happen next is a story for another day.

41 Likes

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by princecemo(m): 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
(This one happened 5 weeks ago in d office, I was in d open office alone on wednesday. The management staff went into d conference room for a meeting, so I sat @ d open office busy browsing and releasing fats dat almost killed me.. D mess was so horrible dat I cudnt bear it but all d same I kept on releasing as much as possible inside full air-conditioned vacuumed office... As soon as I released the last and heavy one, dey rounded off the meeting and members of the management staff started coming out....Jezz... shame almost killed me cos the smell was really bad that. I almost entered inside my computer cos dey all ran away and looking at me with disgust... I almost murdered maself dat day. still picture dat day. cry

32 Likes

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by allout: 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
My super sexy female boss caught me staring lustfully @ her, just joined the department back then. She smiled and continued what she was doing, for the rest of the day she simply smiled sweetly each time our gaze locked.

I'm sure I turned pink with my black skin that day. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Teejayphillip(m): 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
I got slapped by an aggresive customer while workin in one of d financial sector...

I waz trying 2 confirm d customer cheque, bur due to the system failure den,which we r nt suppose 2 disclose 2 any customer i kept it 2 mysef. Bur frm time 2 time,i go meet her and apologize 4 d delay..

She waited 4 2hrs,yet d cheque as nt bin confirmed,she jus walked straight to me,she collected d cheque torn it n threw d pieces @ me,waz stil pleading 4 d delay,d next tin waz a swit dirty slap on my face.. I culdnt du anyfin,she walked away n later came d next day 2 apologize..

It was a terrible day 4 me on dat fateful,bur tis a bygone issue 2day grin grin

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by harlos: 12:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
Laugh is killing me seriouslygringringrin

abeg number wetin i be

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by merciie(f): 12:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
forming bigz gal in the office n refusing to eat from the 'local canteen" suddenly phcn strikes n its quiet n the lion in my stomach decides to GROWL...with so much passion! everybody heard, and to say i was embarrassed is an understatement

3 Likes

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by dareyking(m): 12:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
6th man:listen to terry g ft eminem
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by ULSHERLAN(m): 12:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
princecemo: (This one happened 5 weeks ago in d office, I was in d open office alone on wednesday. The management staff went into d conference room for a meeting, so I sat @ d open office busy browsing and releasing fats dat almost killed me.. D mess was so horrible dat I cudnt bear it but all d same I kept on releasing as much as possible inside full air-conditioned vacuumed office... As soon as I released the last and heavy one, dey rounded off the meeting and members of the management staff started coming out....I almost entered inside my computer cos dey all ran away and looking at me with disgust... I almost murdered maself dat day. cry
Jeeez ur a murderer. You wan kill people

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by alienware(m): 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2013
Dygeasy: God please grant me a JOB after my graduation
u can lay ur foundation now by praying and talking to him, its not yet late.
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by holyvirgin: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
tellwisdom: Uha soup?? Who dey employ all dis people sef sad angry angry
So what should she carry? Its her choice

3 Likes

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by seunpinky(m): 12:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
Whao!!! Am enjoying dis, can't stop laffing.. Hey guys pls post in more... Not workin yet so nofin 4rm me....
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by yomalex(m): 12:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
chei chineke !
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Donlouise(m): 12:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
People still dey carry eba and soup go work? undecided
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
No offense, I see u lack good job ethics to be eating during working hours; and to worsen it Eba and uha soup(that looks sick) you should be embarraased by ur boss for embarassing d company.

May be dey caught you throwing the round ball of eba in excitment kai.smh grin

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by alienware(m): 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
merciie: forming bigz gal in the office n refusing to eat from the 'local canteen" suddenly phcn strikes n its quiet n the lion in my stomach decides to GROWL...with so much passion! everybody heard, and to say i was embarrassed is an understatement
see this ajebo ! Na ur own embarrasing moment be that ?

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
merciie: forming bigz gal in the office n refusing to eat from the 'local canteen" suddenly phcn strikes n its quiet n the lion in my stomach decides to GROWL...with so much passion! everybody heard, and to say i was embarrassed is an understatement
bad sad
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2013
LWTMB. Chai where una com from?

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 14, 2013
timpaker: The day i was asked to represent my organization in a Chess game in Nairobi (after they saw in my Cv that i love playing chess for a hobby), That day i decided to fall ill just to miss my flight, when i came to report my illness to the office.

I saw a chessboard on my table - then my boss said i should warm up with one dude (from the Canadian Embassy). i come dey shake like persin wey wan have s3x the first time... I swear i don't even know which one is queen, knight, king or dia daughter.....what happen next is a story for another day.

grin grin
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by tellwisdom: 12:24pm On Jan 14, 2013
holyvirgin:
So what should she carry? Its her choice

She swallow eba, she lick hand...swallow another, lick hand!, chop fish small, drink water...come finish eba, begin lick soup sad angry angry...Gooosshh, my office go come begin smell soup, soup sad sad ~~Mbannuu angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by yuzedo: 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
1. My boss was grilling me in accounting.. He asked me some questions and i was struggling.. He asked some more and the intense fear and tension didn't allow my brain boot. Funny thing being he had just asked me those same questions two minutes ago and i answered them.. You think shame caught me? My boss was so ashamed he couldn't look at me! grin embarassed I was sooooo embarrassed eh? He couldn't meet my frustrated gaze out of disappointment say which kain eeeediot i go hire abeg?! In my mind, all i was thinking was "these jealous people from my village wey no wan make i great for life don succeed oooooo!" grin

2. Same boss and i were chatting work-related business on BBM while i was simultaneously toasting a babe that was going to gimme punny on another chat. Next thing, i mistakenly sent a cheeky line to my male boss instead of the girl... My boss was like shocked then undecided then angry ... Chai! Omo i scatter laugh o! Say see as toto wan make me lose my job, dey toast man! Chineke?! embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Donlouise(m): 12:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
sauer: bad sad
. E no bad so far say she no mess 4 inside office wey people dey grin
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Justicemy: 12:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
Melahou: It was a Monday morning precisely 11am wen I started feeling so hungry. I just couldnt wait till 1pm to go for my break.

I brought out my food flask which has become a daily routine for me to take food to the office.

As I began to devour the Eba with oha soup, BEHOLD my MD, the Admin Mgr and 3 bank officials just entered my office apparently to open another cooperate account for the company since I happen to be the company`s accountant.

I felt the disappointment on his face as they all stared at one another. I wished the ground could open; the rest is history.

Share urs experience/s!!!
so u re tryn 2 say dat ur boss dnt av de simple knowledge of, knock b4 u enter ?

2 Likes

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
ItsModella: Jeez, who takes eba and soup with them to the office? Na dat kain food you suppose leave for your house...

That's his lunch you are talking about, just that he couldn't wait for it to get to lunch time.

And what's wrong with taking EBa and soup for lunch?

4 Likes

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by v24m(f): 12:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
xynerise: In front of my secretary, I fell on the staircase when I was rushing home. undecided I actually stepped on my Agbada grin

Abgada to the office ke? cheesy even if it was a Friday, that's a no no

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Why Employers Do Not Promote Their Employees / Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu / Nigeria Army Salary Scale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.