Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,616 members, 7,809,260 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? (9418 Views)

8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society / 8 Things Successful People Do NOT Do Every Day / Résumé/cv Padding: Inconsequential Or Inexcusable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Wallie(m): 9:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
For me, it irritates me when papers are stapled with the staple pin horizontal to the page even when stapled at the top left corner. I think it makes it somewhat harder to read past the first few pages. My secretary almost always staple papers that way, probably because she uses an automatic staple machine or she just doesn’t care, but I usually end up re-stapling the papers at a 45 degree angle respective to the page.

But I do realize that it is such a trivial issue and something she might not have even though of. So I’ve never brought it up and just redo it my way.  grin

Do you have any pet peeves at work?

1 Like

Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 10, 2012
You sent a chill down my spine with that! Can't imagine thinking about that. No offense intended, am sure you might find it difficult for people to do things for you the way you wanted it done.

1 Like

Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by pendo89(f): 10:02am On Feb 10, 2012
Yes people who talk loudly on phone!  angry
People with itchy hands! I love being organised and having a neat desk,but some people love touching and not returning things back to where I placed them!  angry
People who insist on shaking hands even when they see you are too busy typing  angry shaking hands takes 1 min and that is a few sentences typed!
People who are ever eating something and they are usually fat.
People who like picking their noses!!  angry angry and then bringing papers to you or type something on ur laptop!  angry Thank God nobody touches mine! grin
People who love talking hours on end!!
People who just stare!!

1 Like

Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by denitro(m): 10:09am On Feb 10, 2012
I have a colleague who plays reggae music aloud (volume turned down) from his computer everyday at work,
It aways drives me crazy,
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by babyme1(f): 10:16am On Feb 10, 2012
I have one who ask where u bought every item you put on, and the price! What d heck!
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Ninapha(f): 10:24am On Feb 10, 2012
i hv a staff who helps me check thru report or document. each time, she wd spit on her finger to enable her flip the pages-so irritating shocked

Another one who murders English language- [b]corrocheck for crosscheck, ascetined for ascertaine[/b]d and so many heartbreaking pronunciations.

Sometimes i feel like shouting at her but she is on the managerial level too.

Then another man who  always peep into my food- flask to know what i am eating, yet he wont join me. sometimes i feel uncomfortable bringing out my food before him.

Well they all make the day go round grin
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by MissyB3(f): 10:31am On Feb 10, 2012
baby.me:

I have one who asked where u bought every item you put on, and the price! What d heck!

Lol! I used to have this colleague that does the same thing. . . .Kai, Nothing is as annoying as this.
She doesn't ask about the price, but most of the time our conversation is about nothing but - ''Missy, Missy, where did you get this, where did you get that''  angry The only befitting reply that comes my mind at such times is ''Please gerrout'' with a resounding 'mtchew' to go with it. Thank God for courtesy.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Joey82(m): 10:35am On Feb 10, 2012
there's this girl with her koi koi koi shoe tapping on the floor, i wonder why she never sits down to work.
sometimes its as if she's employed to do the koi koi koi job.
somebody just tell her to sit right at her desk and get the job done jare angry angry
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 10, 2012
there's a guy that just can't stop browsing facebook, even during work hours! it's crazy! angry
and another guy that accuses me of[b] sleeping with all the girls in my church's choir[/b] group! grin grin grin grin

these are very annoying! grin grin grin
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by hollas2jnr(m): 10:44am On Feb 10, 2012
@denitro:Lol, I guess d guy playing d reggae music must be a civil servant.

Anyway, I'm an IT entrepreneur, but what pisses me off mostly is when a client chooses a date to pay-up and start giving filthy excuses when that day comes.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by oohunt: 10:48am On Feb 10, 2012
baby.me:

I have one who ask where u bought every item you put on, and the price! What d heck!

Watch out for that type, they would be competing with you soon.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Koolking(m): 11:01am On Feb 10, 2012
otooro:

there's a guy that just can't stop browsing facebook, even during work hours! it's crazy! angry
and another guy that accuses me of[b] sleeping with all the girls in my church's choir[/b] group! grin grin grin grin

You sound guilty already. You beat me to it if the guy actually made that up in order to spite you bro.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by INAHJOSEP(m): 11:17am On Feb 10, 2012
Nice thread, Keep it coming!
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by stepo707: 11:18am On Feb 10, 2012
Talkatives and gossipers.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 10, 2012
Koolking:

You sound guilty already. You beat me to it if the guy actually made that up in order to spite you bro.

i'm very innocent embarassed i will not do such a thing embarassed cry cry cry

he made it up, i sweer! cry cry cry cry
tongue grin
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by category(m): 11:22am On Feb 10, 2012
I have this guy who 'll never backs my door even when the a/c is on
He also 'll never leave any thing the way he met it.
I have another that always want to engage me in conversation even when am too busy for that.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by maki(f): 11:29am On Feb 10, 2012
i have a coleague that sings like a church bird and plays music from her phone or laptop (dont knw where) out loud everyday in the office, and this drives me mad.
not only that, she speaks in her native (akwa ibom) dialect and laughs on top of her voice. she can shout d  name of d office assitant from office away and talk out loud in her language (just imagine that). so un-cultured  angry isshh
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by pannyman(m): 11:31am On Feb 10, 2012
People who always ask to borrow flash drives.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by deltalife(m): 11:31am On Feb 10, 2012
I have one that goes about to see and know the content of every document that goes round in the office, always asking what is that enen to private docs.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by honeric01(m): 11:34am On Feb 10, 2012
All all you do is say " i swear" at any slight doubt

When i expect an answer from you for a question and you say "i don't know" angry before thinking,
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by tiebe: 11:37am On Feb 10, 2012
People who look into my screen to see who i'm chatting with in d office and then even suggest answers I should give the person!
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by dabrake(m): 11:39am On Feb 10, 2012
hollas2jnr:

@denitro:Lol, I guess d guy playing d reggae music must be a civil servant.

Anyway, I'm an IT entrepreneur, but what pisses me off mostly is when a client chooses a date to pay-up and start giving filthy excuses when that day comes.
can you please help me? I'm in search of an i.t. firm for my siwes programme. Can you please link me up? I'ld be grateful
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by isleman(m): 11:44am On Feb 10, 2012
otooro:

your I.T dept seems weak, no one can download or any website i dont want them to in my domain, i have a software that filters all that. they can only send and receive emails and few other sites. facebook etc no way.

hala me for advise.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Cecero(m): 11:44am On Feb 10, 2012
The way some colleagues ans d intercom can be very annoying. i hv a colleague, a junior for that matter, but each time u call her on d intercom, she ll jst introduce herself n then pipe 'how may i help u'. most times it sounds so demeaning n anything but cordial. most times after hearing her sound out dt way i'd evn forget d msg i wanted 2pass across.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by babe5120: 11:45am On Feb 10, 2012
i get really irritated when the 3 surrounding colleagues are Igbo and they will scream and shout and say they are gisting.
the one closest to me always peeps into my system, it annoys so dat the next time i want to scream on him.

the other igbo is so crafty that he has masterminded the sack of quite a lot of workers and feels he is smart.

the last one makes u do things for him and yet he cannot do anything for anyone.

so disgusting when men will stare into ur eyes always.

but then there are fun sides of the office too. i make flirtatious passes on the new secretary
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by mafolayomi(f): 11:45am On Feb 10, 2012
infact, its still irritates up till now. imagine this one that calls himself my oga that will finish recieving call and will drop the reciever on the table for me to place back? cos he feels he is oga? he does this everyday! it happened again some mins ago, and i was just looking at the reciever on the table untouched, i already said i was not going to pick it, let him place it back, if not dat someone called my fone that she wanted to talk to me, i would not have placed it back. hw can some pple be so mannerless? he does not even respect d fact that i am married and heavily pregnant?.

He does almost everything listed by one of the posters above and even more, including chewing his mouth every sec? he eats more than me that i am 8 months plus preggy. girls from other depts comes around every secs to look for him,and he will leave jobs undone and be attending to dere unnecessary complains. dere is dis particular one that dey wont even care that am around, she will seat on his lap, and be touching themselves!!! and if d girl says what if one of d ogas shows up he would say nothing will happen? this is somebody that joined us few months ago o.he leaves d office for many hours daily without calling back to know if there is any issue in the office or not? and he cant endure me leaving my desk for 10mins, he will start threatening me with calls and wil even go as far as going to the restroom to look for me he does not know the job cos he joined us newly, and wont want to ask me but will be pushing his jobs to me indirectly grin, anyway, i do d jobs cos i was doing it all b4 he came so whats the big deal? b4 d middle of d month, his salary has finished, and will now be borrowing money from me that am his omo ise? smiley he recieve almost 4 times of my salary o .too many things irritates about this guy abeg
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by isleman(m): 11:52am On Feb 10, 2012
sorry to say these guys but some of the problems some people are having can be dealt with, with a strong I.T department. Am surprised that in this modern age, people can chat, check facebook and browse at work.

All of these cant happen in my domain o!  someone even plays music out loud from his computer when you can implement domain policy to disable all play media and speakers. in such organizations where staff can do what they like including carry and use flash drives, they can very much copy company information home or sell to competitors.

i will like to work for a while for free in such organizations just to trim excesses of such people.
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 10, 2012
isleman:

your I.T dept seems weak, no one can download or any website i dont want them to in my domain, i have a software that filters all that. they can only send and receive emails and few other sites. facebook etc no way.

hala me for advise.

not exactly, they allowed facebook, they just warned that we use it outside work hours.  wink
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 10, 2012
isleman:

sorry to say these guys but some of the problems some people are having can be dealt with, with a strong I.T department. Am surprised that in this modern age, people can chat, check facebook and browse at work.

All of these cant happen in my domain o!  someone even plays music out loud from his computer when you can implement domain policy to disable all play media and speakers. in such organizations where staff can do what they like including carry and use flash drives, they can very much copy company information home or sell to competitors.

i will like to work for a while for free in such organizations just to trim excesses of such people.

i can imagine u're taking the chance for find some very nice I.T. business on here. cool tho'. goodluck! wink
Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by isleman(m): 11:59am On Feb 10, 2012
mafolayomi:

infact, its still irritates up till now. imagine this one that calls himself my oga that will finish recieving call and will drop the reciever on the table for me to place back? cos he feels he is oga? he does this everyday! it happened again some mins ago, and i was just looking at the reciever on the table untouched, i already said i was not going to pick it, let him place it back, if not dat someone called my fone that she wanted to talk to me, i would not have placed it back. hw can some pple be so mannerless? he does not even respect d fact that i am married and heavily pregnant?.

He does almost everything listed by one of the posters above and even more, including chewing his mouth every sec? he eats more than me that i am 8 months plus preggy. girls from other depts comes around every secs to look for him,and he will leave jobs undone and be attending to dere unnecessary complains. dere is dis particular one that dey wont even care that am around, she will seat on his lap, and be touching themselves!!! and if d girl says what if one of d ogas shows up he would say nothing will happen? this is somebody that joined us few months ago o.he leaves d office for many hours daily without calling back to know if there is any issue in the office or not? and he cant endure me leaving my desk for 10mins, he will start threatening me with calls and wil even go as far as going to the restroom to look for me he does not know the job cos he joined us newly, and wont want to ask me but will be pushing his jobs to me indirectly grin, anyway, i do d jobs cos i was doing it all b4 he came so whats the big deal? b4 d middle of d month, his salary has finished, and will now be borrowing money from me that am his omo ise? smiley he recieve almost 4 times of my salary o .too many things irritates about this guy abeg

poison him, not to death but just the one that will purge his kidney out.

1 Like

Re: Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? by Babamide(m): 12:00pm On Feb 10, 2012
There is this lady where i'm serving that comes to loosen her hair attachment every other friday. So annoying

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

800 Sacked Mainstreet Bank Staff Protest / Wema Bank Graduate Trainee / Would You Compromise Your Character In Order To Be Rich?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.