Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Do You Eat Edible Worms? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Eat Edible Worms? (21867 Views)

Scary: Which Of These Would You Eat For #50,000? / Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge / Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by binhozie(m): 7:57am On Jan 15, 2013
Sijo01: *yunck, yunck, yuncccck*
My dad and younger siblings eats it with great joy as if its grasscutter.
The already prepared ones is pleasant to the eyes compare to the live ones, gush!

Your "yunck" sef is yucky
Wtf is yunck?

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 15, 2013
Tinax:
Same with us...its very..very nutritious.

Are you from orlu?
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by nenepea(f): 8:22am On Jan 15, 2013
Its called Eruru in my dialect, used to eat it when I was younger whenever we travelled to the village. Its not maggot but the larvae of a beetle that stays in the palm tree. I have also eaten the beetle. Very tasty! I craved for it when I was pregnant and was so happy when my husband got them for me. Its sooooo delicious, am actually salivating now!

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by ifyalways(f): 8:50am On Jan 15, 2013
Yes oh, I do.
A delicacy. I buy lots of it raw whenever I'm at bayelsa or okija.

Well peppered with kpo kpo garri then washed down with fresh up wine kiss
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by MyloXyloto: 8:57am On Jan 15, 2013
I used to buy edible worm at Sapele anytime I'm travelling from Benin to Warri and back. Infact because of edible worm, I don't fly direct from Lagos to Warri. I'll typically fly to Benin and take a vehicle to Warri so I can stop at Sapele and nourish my soul with this delicacy.

This edible worm sef, made my then girlfriend to stop kissing me for a some time. There was a time we flew from Lagos to Benin together for the first time and when we were going by road to Warri from Benin, I told the driver to stop at Sapele to buy the edible worm. When she saw it, she nearly fainted. She never knew I could eat something like that. And she told me not to buy it. I refused and bought my sweet delicacy. All through that our stay in Warri, I didn't receive any kiss oh. Anyway sha the relationship didn't last long after that because anyone that can stop me from my edible worm, does not love me.

It's been a while I went to Warri oh. Abeg, na where I go fit see my darling edible worm buy for Lagos? Who knows please?

4 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by Korrection(m): 9:04am On Jan 15, 2013
Delicious delicacy..hitting sapele round about from benin to warri..

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:09am On Jan 15, 2013
MyloXyloto: I used to buy edible worm at Sapele anytime I'm travelling from Benin to Warri and back. Infact because of edible worm, I don't fly direct from Lagos to Warri. I'll typically fly to Benin and take a vehicle to Warri so I can stop at Sapele and nourish my soul with this delicacy.

This edible worm sef, made my then girlfriend to stop kissing me for a some time. There was a time we flew from Lagos to Benin together for the first time and when we were going by road to Warri from Benin, I told the driver to stop at Sapele to buy the edible worm. When she saw it, she nearly fainted. She never knew I could eat something like that. And she told me not to buy it. I refused and bought my sweet delicacy. All through that our stay in Warri, I didn't receive any kiss oh. Anyway sha the relationship didn't last long after that because anyone that can stop me from my edible worm, does not love me.

It's been a while I went to Warri oh. Abeg, na where I go fit see my darling edible worm buy for Lagos? Who knows please?

GBAM!!!!grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by nagoma(m): 9:31am On Jan 15, 2013
Really disgusting angry. Revolting !

I have never known that human beings can eat this nauseating filth. shocked angry
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by Tunby(m): 10:06am On Jan 15, 2013
;DDo you know cockroaches are very nutricious? ;DDo you know cockroaches are very nutricious?
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by Awoofawo(m): 11:30am On Jan 15, 2013
superior1: I think we call it GONGO. I love am die especially when used in preparing efo (vegetable)

it is got from rotting palm tree trunk. Very good to shaggy with palm wine, iyan (pounded yam)+orisirisi efo riro.
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by movado19: 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2013
They are silk worms and edible too.
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2013
cecegorz:
Nekwanu Akpa - nkwu!
Reminds me way back in primary school. We dealt with this stuff real good.
One of the richest source of protein! I've not set my eyes on them for over 20years though.

They're extinct, thanks to you and your primary school mates.
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by Sammiejo: 4:07pm On Jan 15, 2013
Koolking:

Visit peninsula after lekki. There is nothing typically rural you won't get there. It's a colony on its own.

Thank you.I will try to get there or send some one there for me.
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by Arosa(m): 4:18pm On Jan 15, 2013
movado19: They are silk worms and edible too.

They are not silkworms, they are beetle larvae(Lucanus cervus).
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by Gee001: 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2013
Jesus! See Eruru!! I like wen roasted or fried. Very tasty
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by Sumptylism: 8:56am On Jan 16, 2013
MyloXyloto: I used to buy edible worm at Sapele anytime I'm travelling from Benin to Warri and back. Infact because of edible worm, I don't fly direct from Lagos to Warri. I'll typically fly to Benin and take a vehicle to Warri so I can stop at Sapele and nourish my soul with this delicacy.

shocked grin shocked grin
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by nagoma(m): 10:22am On Jan 16, 2013
Just because you eat them doesn't mean they are edible. Don't glorify maggots.
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by Chongaiman: 11:05am On Jan 16, 2013
^^^
Stop feeling smug. When jungle don mature, even human flesh would assume the status of a delicacy to you.
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by nagoma(m): 11:32am On Jan 16, 2013
Chongaiman: ^^^
Stop feeling smug. When jungle don mature, even human flesh would assume the status of a delicacy to you.

I know you would call that" edible" as well. Just because YOU eat it.

The thread will then be " Do you eat edible Humans?" No I don't . shocked
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by Chongaiman: 12:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
^^^
Sorry to disappoint you sir. Ba na cin shi. But I don't look down on others' way of life.
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by nagoma(m): 1:35pm On Jan 16, 2013
Chongaiman: ^^^
Sorry to disappoint to you sir. Ba na cin shi. But I don't look down on others' way of life.

My own way of life is insulted everyday and on every page of these threads on NL. Would you fine gentleman talk to these maggot eaters about that as well?
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 17, 2013
Its called ODON in my place,weneva i ve d opportunity to travel to Warri,i dnt miss it,so swt...,salivating already.
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 17, 2013
Sammiejo:

Thank you.I will try to get there or send some one there for me.
Can i come wit u plz...
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by rosamosqy(m): 5:24pm On May 27, 2015
They are called Mopani worms and there are lot of tribes in the western part of Africa that eat it also!!!

Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by fratermathy(m): 11:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
rosamosqy:
They are called Mopani worms and there are lot of tribes in the western part of Africa that eat it also!!!

These things you jut posted are not the same edible worms that are eaten in Nigeria. Please get your facts right. The beetle larvae is rich in protein and is a delicacy to some southern Nigerians. What you posted is not the larvae.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by tpiander: 4:08am On Jul 09, 2015
palm larvae and caterpillars.
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by rully2: 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
Oh yes I eat it, I usually beg anyone traveling Benin Sapele road to help me get, wish I can see it in Lagos sef. Please those pictures posted above are not the same thing as edible worms oh!
Re: Do You Eat Edible Worms? by tpiah01: 8:29pm On May 09, 2016
movado19:
They are silk worms and edible too.

I dont think they're silkworms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Bans Fish Importation / Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? / Easiest Way To Remove Protective Slimy 'mucus' From The Skin Of Catfish.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.