Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,938 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday (29772 Views)

Kola Aluko's £50m Yacht JayZ+Beyonce Used For Holiday (pics) / See What Jayz & Beyonce Got For Blue Ivy As Her Birthday Gift / Jay-Z, Beyonce Lose Trademark Battle For 'Blue Ivy' Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by malikkeji: 2:27pm On Jan 15, 2013
abeg make una leave this pple oo,na thier pikin/child,na thier money,above all na their house the diamond dey.but if na me be those blacks wey dey for yonda ehn? i go just arrange go kidnap the doll,sell am take better ppl life.somthing wey the original owner didnt think of doing.ABEG I CANT FIT LAUGH JO!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Ollypumpin: 3:09pm On Jan 15, 2013
Its the money they work for, so they can spend it however they so want...as for charity, Beyonce has spent alot on charity...find out
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by moneyhungry(m): 4:00pm On Jan 15, 2013
p.diddy bought himself a $3.5m diamond ring on his 35th birthday ... wat are gonna call that?
jay-z gave $1m to 9/11 attack victims in 2001. do your research!

1 Like

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by grav82ty: 4:49pm On Jan 15, 2013
Our problem is we want to be more catholic than d pope. Of wat concern of ours is it how they spend their money on wat they love? Atleast they worked for the money:it wasn't stolen. And who said they don't donate to charitable causes. If u are conversant wit entertainment news u will know dat dey are 1 of the most charitable celebrity couple. Even if d gift was overexpensive it is dia money. U Don't plan how a man should spend his personal money.Get urs n spend it however u like. Peace.
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 15, 2013
brokoto: don't mind them. Most of them are hypocrites. If given such sum 99% of the people here would buy a house, car and secure the future of THEIR FAMILY before sparing any THOUGHT for others.

On a separate note... What if they give out $1million to charity and still buy a $80000 doll for their child won't you guys still complain? Mcheeeew.

They made their money legally and you shouldn't tell them how to spend it.

[size=13pt]What you fail to see is that 99% would buy a home or car, which can easily be argued as basic necessities. 99% of Nigerians will not buy an $80,000 Barbie doll. What is necessary about an $80,000 doll?[/size]
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 15, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]What you fail to see is that 99% would buy a home or car, which can easily be argued as basic necessities. 99% of Nigerians will not buy an $80,000 Barbie doll. What is necessary about an $80,000 doll?[/size]

Actually a car does not qualify as a basic necessity neither does a box full of clothes ,a basic necessity is something you need to have a quality of life.Plenty people do not own a car and get around from point a to b. They are luxury items same as the doll. Even when you are talking about getting a home, you can as well get the cheapest one as far as you have a roof over your head not to forget the cheapest car since the objective is just to move around, plasma T.Vs and such are all luxuries and one can as well forgo all that and give the money to people who do not even have food. Let everyone just remember to remove the logs in their own eyes 1st. As someone has pointed out JayZ gave $1m dollars to charity, at least he has done something. It is the responsibilty of everyone to give even the widow gave her little mite, no be only rich people.

1 Like

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2013
tatiana009: Actually a 2nd or 3rd car does not qualify as a basic necessity neither does a box full of clothes ,a basic necessity is something you need to have a quality of life.Plenty people do not own a car and get around from point a to b. They are luxury items same as the doll. Even when you are talking about getting a home, you can as well get the cheapest one as far as you have a roof over your head , T.Vs and such are all luxuries and one can as well forgo all that and give the money to people who do not even have food. Let everyone just remember to remove the logs in their own eyes 1st.

[size=13pt]Depending on one's location, a car is a necessity. I live in the middle of nowhere and suffer when there isn't a car around for my use. The same goes for housing. Not everyone lives in the city. Sometimes it's a house that one has to buy.[/size]
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
If the couple donates millions to charity, there may be justification for them to splurge on their child.
But still an $80,000 doll is still mind-boggling. Not only that, spending $200,000 on a birthday party is absolute bonkers! shocked

1 Like

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 15, 2013
CFCfan: If the couple donates millions to charity, there may be justification for them to splurge on their child.
But still an $80,000 doll is still mind-boggling. Not only that, spending $200,000 on a birthday party is absolute bonkers! shocked

is it everyone that lives where you live that has a car? are they dead because of that? even if you buy one just buy the cheapest type and give the rest to charity
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 15, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Depending on one's location, a car is a necessity. I live in the middle of nowhere and suffer when there isn't a car around for my use. The same goes for housing. Not everyone lives in the city. Sometimes it's a house that one has to buy.[/size]

Spot on. A car is an absolute necessity in most parts of California, or even the US. It ain't a luxury for most Americans.
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 15, 2013
tatiana009:

is it everyone that lives where you live that has a car? are they dead because of that? even if you buy one just buy the cheapest type and give the rest to charity

I didn't say everyone should buy a Ferrari, or other similar expensive cars. As u said, cheap cars are available for those that view it as a necessity.
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 15, 2013
ogugua88:

$80k is about N12mil. My point is 99% of the people here won't give a penny out of such sum to charity. Considering the amount of wealth they have, 80k is like change to them. Moreover they also give massively to charity. Its their money. Its necessary for them. Maybe not needful but at their level do they actually NEED anything?
Don't tell people how to spend their money. In fact sef, charity is not compulsory. Or is it?
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by PreciousBro: 12:14am On Jan 16, 2013
ogugua88:

And you still don't get the point to the whole thing as regards spending.

What is necessary to you can be unnecessary to another,why do you get to call the standard ?? Ok I get your point,its in line with such extravagant amount..... But you forget you compare your self to these people as regards spending,for God sake they are Rich and you ain't . Are you tryna tell me you don't buy unnecessary but fancy things for your self that highlights the impersonality of you for the needy and less privileged ?? Take for instance,you buy a spec(shades) worth like 500dolls when you can always get a cheaper one for even $20.....just to stand out amongst peeps that ain't or are your peers ??

My dear,its just luxurious imperative in this modern day media and life....our pockets are different in sizes and depth" after all,we all know all fingers are not equal......

These rich folks work like grim death to keep up the luxury flow(they have bastard money)....to say the least,plus they also donate hugely to charity bodies"" cut them some slack.....

Even if we go all biblical,God already said my peeps die for lack of knowledge..you lot saying otherwise to jigga n bey are in that category...grin cuz it takes sage to understand this tad thing called "difference" between the rich and poor and let's say the average too.....Rich spend big like Rich,you don't expect them to buy petty like poor nau ..lol" Rich have always been there in the early times of before christ sef"" the only ungodly thing would be not giving back to the society(poor and needy) which we all know these superstars do even bigger than they spend on themselves so what the hell !?

Jiigga came to the timid and remote areas in the east and south africa some years back,saw they lacked in some basic necessity" as water and projected the bore-hole supply,check MTV its there....now you don't think that requires a whole lot of dough ?? Haba!!

Enough said!!!! ~cool~

3 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 16, 2013
brokoto: $80k is about N12mil. My point is 99% of the people here won't give a penny out of such sum to charity. Considering the amount of wealth they have, 80k is like change to them. Moreover they also give massively to charity. Its their money. Its necessary for them. Maybe not needful but at their level do they actually NEED anything?
Don't tell people how to spend their money. In fact sef, charity is not compulsory. Or is it?

[size=13pt]I didn't say anything about charity though. That was all you lol. I'm not telling anyone how to spend their money. I don't know where all that's coming from. I just don't see the need to buy a 1-year-old a diamond Barbie and never will. That's my opinion.[/size]
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 16, 2013
~PreciousBro~:
And you still don't get the point to the whole thing as regards spending.

What is necessary to you can be unnecessary to another,why do you get to call the standard ?? Ok I get your point,its in line with such extravagant amount..... But you forget you compare your self to these people as regards spending,for God sake they are Rich and you ain't . Are you tryna tell me you don't buy unnecessary but fancy things for your self that highlights the impersonality of you for the needy and less privileged ?? Take for instance,you buy a spec(shades) worth like 500dolls when you can always get a cheaper one for even $20.....just to stand out amongst peeps that ain't or are your peers ??

My dear,its just luxurious imperative in this modern day media and life....our pockets are different in sizes and depth" after all,we all know all fingers are not equal......

These rich folks work like grim death to keep up the luxury flow(they have bastard money)....to say the least,plus they also donate hugely to charity bodies"" cut them some slack.....

Even if we go all biblical,God already said my peeps die for lack of knowledge..you lot saying otherwise to jigga n bey are in that category...grin cuz it takes sage to understand this tad thing called "difference" between the rich and poor and let's say the average too.....Rich spend big like Rich,you don't expect them to buy petty like poor nau ..lol" Rich have always been there in the early times of before christ sef"" the only ungodly thing would be not giving back to the society(poor and needy) which we all know these superstars do even bigger than they spend on themselves so what the hell !?

Jiigga came to the timid and remote areas in the east and south africa some years back,saw they lacked in some basic necessity" as water and projected the bore-hole supply,check MTV its there....now you don't think that requires a whole lot of dough ?? Haba!!

Enough said!!!! ~cool~

[size=13pt]Well, I did say that what's necessary could be argued and vary from person to person... smiley[/size]

1 Like

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I didn't say anything about charity though. That was all you lol. I'm not telling anyone how to spend their money. I don't know where all that's coming from. I just don't see the need to buy a 1-year-old a diamond Barbie and never will. That's my opinion.[/size]
ok. I was kinda replying many people at once. You don't see the need but they see the need and they have the money. Shikena!

What would you rather they spent the money on?
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by kungfupanda: 9:34pm On Jan 16, 2013
anitank:
Did u really? The only time I saw her "pregnant" was when her supossed baby bump collapsed on a tv show when she tried sitting down. I don't think she actually carried Ivy in her own belle
Love her tho

Exactly
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by aribisala0(m): 9:58pm On Jan 16, 2013
aribisala0: No BLACK dolls??
Chineke me !! Twelve likes for 3 words?
When I write book finish for NL no like Una sef

1 Like

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by PreciousBro: 11:29pm On Jan 16, 2013
aribisala0: Chineke me !! Twelve likes for 3 words?
When I write book finish for NL no like Una sef

LoL.. guy calm down!
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by cfours: 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
everybody has problems in this world.
the problem rich people have is that many of them just have so much money that they don't know what to do with it. hence why they do stupid things like this. Who knows, they are probably also using $100 bills to wipe their bottoms in the toilet sef.
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
aribisala0: No BLACK dolls??
The baby black so dem fit give her white doll e no go change the colour of her skin. she would just grow up to be insecure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olajumoke Orisaguna Pictured Doing Push-ups With Her Fellow Models.. / Khloe And Her Bikini Body Slay In Dubai / Speed Darlington Accuses Olamide Of 'Copying' His Fashion Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.